imo with the 3IS I wouldnt bother getting the f sport intake , it sounds wicked with the sound piped in in stock form.. where the 2IS you get the noticable growl.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i bought the standard Fsport intake with the bigger resonator and as i had hoped... voila ...very nice bit of throatiness starting around 3500 rpm,but stock sounding with normal driving.

I didnt mention the purchase to my wife and so far she hasnt noticed the change ,so again what i was wanting (i drive quietly when she's in
the car.)

A lot cheaper than those polished aluminium intake pipes....,ok, not as pretty and no extra HP gains,but i wasnt worried about that aspect of it.

I bought an Fsport grille too while i was at it and very happy with the change in frontal appearance it makes.(Got to have patience with all those grille clips though)

I've always felt the 'sloping down' design on the standard grille make the car look too 'pointy' at the front.The hex grille of the Fsport makes the front look a little wider.Subtle change i know but i like it.

Thanks to Chris at Chatswood Lexus for all his help. He's great to deal with.

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up buying the same intake from Japan and I love it, the sound coming out of it after 3500rpm is very throaty...make you want to drive the car at those revs all the time. Below that it is very quite and refined just the way I like it.

I ended up buying the same intake from Japan and I love it, the sound coming out of it after 3500rpm is very throaty...make you want to drive the car at those revs all the time. Below that it is very quite and refined just the way I like it.

Glad you managed to get one of those newer Fsport intakes Iggy.

Yeah the noise is a nice compromise..gutsy sound when you want it...silent driving when you dont.

And yeah there is a tendency to stick the foot down ,but these days there is nearly always a radar cop around the corner when you drive in the city and surrounds...kinda puts a damper on it.