MY12 to MY13 MY differences

Slopshua

Hi all,

About to pull the trigger on an ISF but have a question I need answered. 

Ive done a lot of reading on this forum and others about model year differences but want clarification before I go ahead with the purchase.

Two cars.. one with a build date of 12/2012 being sold as a 2013 MY13. The other with a build date of 09/2012 being sold as a 2012 MY13. Can anyone confirm for me that there is no difference between these two cars? The 2012 is being sold for significantly less even though both cars have the same km on them.

Thanks mate, read that. Im definitely chasing a MY13 but just a little unclear on the timing of when the different MY's started and unsure whether im missing something with the cars im looking at or whether one of the dealers is just asking too much for the car just because its a 2012 MY13 vs a 2013 MY13. 

Ah i see them now.

So where are you located ? ? ? 

If that were me i`d be offering the private sale in Qld with 35k on it 60g and forget the other 2. Less kms is better. In my eyes anyway.

Im in Vic. Will be hard finding the time to drive the private sale on the sunshine coast back to vic is all.. the dealer in brissy can freight the car for circa $500

I`m on the Gold Coast so i hear you. I haggled with 1 in Adelaide, 1 in Sydney & 1 in Townsville as well as one here, which was the one i purchased in the end as it was the youngest. 

There are sooo many reputable vehicle freight companies. I looked into that back then ( 2.5 years ago ) . I was prepared to buy from interstate without a visual from myself. I was prepared to pay RACV or RACQ or NRMA to check the car out with heaps of pictures & then decide from there. With the one up here you can get RACQ to inspect it and they rate it also.  They could probably recommend you a transport company also. For the money you are about to fork out you want the best deal possible. Plus the private sale one would probably move more on the price compared to the dealers. I wish you luck, hope i`ve not confused you too much :yes::yes:

Yeah still trying to convince myself to make such a purchase on the opinion of someone else but sounds like yours worked out so perhaps I’ll have to consider doing the same. Thanks for all the advice Peter, I’ll be sure to post back here when I’ve made a purchase!

To be fair, us Victorians are hindered by the lack of IS Fs, let along being able to find a cheap one due to its rarity. You may want to buy from interstate, however do bear in mind the motor vehicle duty that you'll have to pay if you buy the car interstate or privately locally. These MY12 and MY13 cars are still rather pricey, thus the duty will be around $2-3k.

If anything, the grey one at Lexus of Brighton and the black one you mentioned from Jeep Brighton may still be priced reasonably. 

By the way, I own a grey MY13 in Melbourne, therefore please feel free to stay in touch.

Valid point re the vehicle duty.. Id factored that in for a private purchase but hadnt thought about that for an interstate dealer purchase. Who have you found the most competitive to insure with in Vic?

On 4/28/2018 at 4:19 PM, Slopshua said:

Thanks mate, read that. Im definitely chasing a MY13 but just a little unclear on the timing of when the different MY's started and unsure whether im missing something with the cars im looking at or whether one of the dealers is just asking too much for the car just because its a 2012 MY13 vs a 2013 MY13. 

FWIW, my car is a Sept 2010 build, but is definitely an MY11 with the single-dial instruments etc

Just to add my F is a Aug 2012 which is definitely MY13 due to having Bluetooth

I think checking for Bluetooth would be easiest way to confirm if it's MY2013

Yes Id though the same thing with the bluetooth check. Does anyone know if theres a way to confirm an ISF has the ZF dampers other than just going on its MY?

The MY13 went to Sachs ( ZF )  dampers. Which were then used again in the MY14. There is a Sachs label halfway down the strut. Sometimes you can see the label when looking through the wheel. Hence on mine i can see the label through the right rear wheel.

Couple of other questions ive got gents.. Can you change the increments on the cruise control to 1's instead of 5's? All the ISF's ive driven now have cruise controls that go up in increments of 5's only

Are 245 fronts and 275 rears on an ISF going to give me any roadworthy issues in Victoria?

Ha your first question is a good one. Unfortunately no. Unless someone has worked it out let us all know. I have tried different ways to try it but to no avail.

As for tyres. My set up now is 255.35.19 front & 275.30.19 rears. Both sizes are pretty much within the o.d of the original tyres fitted to the car. Here in QLD your are allowed 15mm above or below the original tyre o.d size fitted to the car. My fronts now are pretty much bang on size aprox 2mm under. The rears are aprox 12mm under.

Any more than 15mm over or under the o.d affects the speedometer accuracy. 

Here in QLD you can see that info on their DOT website. I would have thought VIC Roads would have similar info on their website. If in doubt call them.

to the op

all the above discussion has been covered number of times please use the search function next time before posting any questions

as for the question

that hasnt been answered 

Sach was first fitted from my 12 specs omwards ran the sachs

my11 ran the old tokico shocks

visually the suspensions look different too as the sachs suspension gets narrower towards the bottom of the springs i guess this is due to the my12 spec springs being more progressive than the previous years

Thanks for the replys. Will utilise the search function more..

For those that are interested, after an 18 hour drive relocating my new ISF to its home state I figuired out that you can only set increments of 5 kph on cruise control if radar (vehicle to vehicle) mode is.. however you can switch the radar cruise off and switch to a conventional cruise control (by pushing the cruise control arm forward for 1 second when you initially turn the cruise on) and in this mode you can set speed in increments of 2 kph. 

Re the Sachs, managed to find the stickers on the cars I looked at to confirm they were installed. Good to know it was fitted from MY12 onward. Cheers

Congrats on the new beast :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

18 hour drive home :wacko: :wacko:.  When i leave work soon will try that move on the C/C, never knew that one, well done :yes:.  Suppose it`d help reading the manual too  :whistling:  All this time i`d bee peed off with radar crapola. Can`t wait to test it. Funny enough now you made me youtube it, there is some Lexus dude there showing how it`s done. After all this time  :wallbash: 

Which beast did you settle for ? ? ? 

Thanks Peter. Went with the low mileage one in QLD (although i guess now its done another ~1800kms :s).. got the deal done for 62.5k with a free set of cross drilled/slotted front rotors, ceramic brake pads and 6 months rego so im reasonably happy.

Did pick up a few stone chips on the drive down though which sucks but couldn't be happier with the car. Shouldn't have waited as long as I did. 

Now trying to find out if I can get the mirrors to fold in automatically when the car is switched off - read some conflicting info on the forum about it though...  

In regards to your stone chips, up here i had my front bar wrapped with a clear gloss type wrap for stone chips. The type of wrap used is a little thicker than normal wrap, specific for stone chip prevention. Best thing i did. No stone chips yet. A white bar with chips does not look good as the base colour of the bar is black and it came with 5 year warranty. 

As for insurance i used Bingle. 

• 5 months later...