New member here, LSD and Extractors question for 3IS

Hi guys, new member here out of Sydney.

Have recently purchased a 3IS IS350 and seem to be finding conflicting information.

Are IS250 / 350 rear diff assy's identical clearly not in regard to internals, but the external assembly ? 

I have read those in the states fitting an 86 diff to a 250 and stating that it would not work in a 350 due to rear ends being different, is this really the case and what sort of ratio's do we have standard in our 8 speed 350's 

To shorten this up, i'd like to know what diff assy that holds an LSD from factory will bolt in as a complete unit without splitting the case.

Do we have anybody in AUS selling extractors for our vehicles ? 

Thanks.

On 10/3/2018 at 2:42 PM, IS350 said:

Thanks ISF

They look reasonably priced, would be interesting to see what the freight charges would be. 

Not cheap - just like anything from USA. Their freight costs are ridiculous. Unless you go custom, i dont think you have any other choices for the IS250 and IS350.

On 10/3/2018 at 2:44 PM, IS350 said:

Would be interesting to see what options (bolt in assemblies) we have locally in regard to an LSD. 

Cheapest would likely be to bolt in an Torsen LSD from a 2010 onwards IS-F. I know some IS-F guys in USA put in a IS350 diff to give better drive ratios for 1/4 mile drag racing so they must be interchangeable.

• 5 months later...

Bit of a bump, 

I'm struggling to find a factory lsd, reports of some supra diff fitting but they are dear. 

Any idea of a slightly better ratio for these 3.7s or so that will bolt in as a unit, I think a 2is ratio will be a bit much. 

An ISF diff from a wrecked car would probably be the easiest and cheapest option. Late 2010 onwards models have the LSD.

Get in touch with Lexmania in Sydney.

Given up on Lsd for now but have found a reasonable ratio, 3.7 going to try and fit in the next few days if I get time, if all goes well I will fit a torsen centre to the housing down the track.