Headers/extractors installation in NSW ?

Kirkk94

Hi there,

I own a 2010 isf I'm based in Sydney NSW and was wondering if someone could recommend a good work shop to do a headers install, as I've seen on other forums it isn't a very easy job and does take a few hours to do it. so I didn't want to take it to any "joe blow" 

If someone could recommend a shop that would be helpful.

( Sorry in advanced if this has been asked I just couldn't find it anywhere) 

Thank you😁

30 minutes ago, banserki said:

I'm going to assumt the Mexican's herre are going to recommend Lexus of Chatswood and give you someones name to ask for.

Haha alright thanks for the heads up.

Of course I would recommend Lexus of Chatswood, why wouldn’t I.  you will get a quality job done by people that have done many headers on the ISF before, with all the correct tools to do the job without damaging your vehicle.   If you do go somewhere else, make sure they have fitted many headers to an ISF before, or they will be learning on your vehicle.  it is not a straight forward job.

• Thanks 1

I must agree with LTuned above. Even if Lexus Chatswood cost a few hundred more than somewhere else, i would be taking my car to them purely because they have the experience of installing headers on IS-F's previously.

I was interested in doing the headers myself, but decided that unless i could find some 2nd hand (which isnt easy, especially in Australia) it just wasnt worth the cost (to me).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2bling said:

It would interesting how much Lexus or any other shop ( that's done them before ) charge as its a big job cheers.

Apparently its around 8hrs work, but if the shop has experience doing them then it might be a bit quicker. Still wont be a cheap install though.

5 hours ago, 2bling said:

It would interesting how much Lexus or any other shop ( that's done them before ) charge as its a big job cheers.

I ended up getting in contact with Chatswood Lexus and spoke to the service manager called chris regarding ppe headers,

he qouted me $4200 for the headers plus installation + shipping costs etc and just said allow 6-7 weeks for shipping and then 1-2 days for installation. so I just gave a $500 deposit today and now the waiting game starts 🙂

That’s good news, you will enjoy the sound & extra power.  Chris is excellent. he installed my PPE header.

It’s a pity that our dollar is low. 

1 hour ago, LTuned said:

That’s good news, you will enjoy the sound & extra power.  Chris is excellent. he installed my PPE header.

It’s a pity that our dollar is low. 

Thanks @LTuned I can't wait!

Yes, Chris was very helpful when he called to run me through the steps to get everything done so that was a plus and he said the same thing about our dollar being so low it will cost a little more then usual but I expected that.

Sorry for the late reply kirkk.

chris is a big supporter of our Lexus club and we meet regularly at the service centre prior to events. If you want more info let me know.

i can also arrange for a rare HKS exhaust to be installed at the same time as your headers if you want. It’s a steal at less than half retail price!

A bit late to chime in.  You'll be in good hands with Chris from Chatswood.

For my headers i got TNK to install them (as recommended by Danny here on the forums).  They have installed numerous headers and did a great job with mine, over a year and no issues, rattling, codes and quick turn around etc.  Left it there overnight and done by morning.

They were amongst the cheapest as i called several exhuast/work shops for install prices.  As a few have mentioned, not many have installed them.  Some were willing to give it a go lol (um not at my expense, didnt want to be a test vehicle).

Ps Whilst the subframe is off, get your engine mounts checked.  Few have mentioned theres was on the way out and best time to change them over to reduce labour costs)

Oh and also check about ceramic coating for the headers to reduce heat.  Some have had issues with wrapping and dont like it

• Like 1