John T

Stripping weight or more power recommendations 3rd Gen IS350

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

Any recommendations with stripping weight from a 3rd Gen IS350 F Sport. I don't want to ruin the class of the car, just any easy and effective ways of saving weight from the vehicle.

Any power recommendations as well that owners would recommend?

Look forward to all of your inputs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spare tyres and tools removal thats about it without ruining the car

for power mods i hope your pockets are deep

exhaust and intake will give u like 10hp max

headers will give you a good gain but its around 2400 aud with the curren exchange rate and tax

then u got super charger kit which is like 15K plus landed and then labour to install

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ilv1004s said:

spare tyres and tools removal thats about it without ruining the car

for power mods i hope your pockets are deep

exhaust and intake will give u like 10hp max

headers will give you a good gain but its around 2400 aud with the curren exchange rate and tax

then u got super charger kit which is like 15K plus landed and then labour to install

Thanks ilv1004s for your input. Any other weight saving options without going to drastic?

Also, will headers keep the nice grunt of the 3.5 six. I think Lexus have near perfected the note where its quite tamed within the low rpms unleashing at a higher rev range. A little more emphasis on the V6 roar would be ideal though, any particular mod recommendations to suit this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

intakes and headers will do

but you will get alot more exhaust smell with the headers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, ilv1004s said:

intakes and headers will do

but you will get alot more exhaust smell with the headers

Any specific brands you'd recommend ilv1004s with headers and exhausts for the 350? I'm not after any droning sounds, especially at low rpms. Just more of a roar once power band hits (I'd be asking for additional power however well balanced with a nice note).

Definitely not after a little honda VTEC scream either lol.

Look forward to your comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a look at PPE for the headers - you might change your mind once you see the price.

As for exhausts, look at Invidia or Xforce, they both make exhausts for the IS350. Invidia is better quality though IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, John T said:

Any specific brands you'd recommend ilv1004s with headers and exhausts for the 350? I'm not after any droning sounds, especially at low rpms. Just more of a roar once power band hits (I'd be asking for additional power however well balanced with a nice note).

Definitely not after a little honda VTEC scream either lol.

Look forward to your comments.

the thing with headers you will lose the distinct V6 noise and it kinda its hard to explain but sounds more like a agressive highpower small cap motor

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2IS and 3Is will sound similar

but heres a 3is vid too

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your prompt response.

Don't think I'm a fan with the sound the headers deliver. Exhaust may be the way to go. 

Will headers or exhaust affect any reliability factors to the vehicle? Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

generally not havent had any issues on any of my cars either

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...