Stripping weight or more power recommendations 3rd Gen IS350

Hi All,

Any recommendations with stripping weight from a 3rd Gen IS350 F Sport. I don't want to ruin the class of the car, just any easy and effective ways of saving weight from the vehicle.

Any power recommendations as well that owners would recommend?

Look forward to all of your inputs!

spare tyres and tools removal thats about it without ruining the car

for power mods i hope your pockets are deep

exhaust and intake will give u like 10hp max

headers will give you a good gain but its around 2400 aud with the curren exchange rate and tax

then u got super charger kit which is like 15K plus landed and then labour to install

20 hours ago, ilv1004s said:

spare tyres and tools removal thats about it without ruining the car

for power mods i hope your pockets are deep

exhaust and intake will give u like 10hp max

headers will give you a good gain but its around 2400 aud with the curren exchange rate and tax

then u got super charger kit which is like 15K plus landed and then labour to install

Thanks ilv1004s for your input. Any other weight saving options without going to drastic?

Also, will headers keep the nice grunt of the 3.5 six. I think Lexus have near perfected the note where its quite tamed within the low rpms unleashing at a higher rev range. A little more emphasis on the V6 roar would be ideal though, any particular mod recommendations to suit this?

On 9/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, ilv1004s said:

intakes and headers will do

but you will get alot more exhaust smell with the headers

Any specific brands you'd recommend ilv1004s with headers and exhausts for the 350? I'm not after any droning sounds, especially at low rpms. Just more of a roar once power band hits (I'd be asking for additional power however well balanced with a nice note).

Definitely not after a little honda VTEC scream either lol.

Look forward to your comments.

Have a look at PPE for the headers - you might change your mind once you see the price.

As for exhausts, look at Invidia or Xforce, they both make exhausts for the IS350. Invidia is better quality though IMO.

34 minutes ago, John T said:

Any specific brands you'd recommend ilv1004s with headers and exhausts for the 350? I'm not after any droning sounds, especially at low rpms. Just more of a roar once power band hits (I'd be asking for additional power however well balanced with a nice note).

Definitely not after a little honda VTEC scream either lol.

Look forward to your comments.

the thing with headers you will lose the distinct V6 noise and it kinda its hard to explain but sounds more like a agressive highpower small cap motor

Thanks for your prompt response.

Don't think I'm a fan with the sound the headers deliver. Exhaust may be the way to go. 

Will headers or exhaust affect any reliability factors to the vehicle? Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

It's hard making additional power on a IS350. I've had a catback xforce exhaust and a takeda intake. To be honest I didn't feel any power difference other than the amazing sound it was making. 

I would recommend upgrading to an IS F when you can. Mine has ppe headers and full exhaust. The thing is scary fast. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 5:10 PM, pearlisf said:

It's hard making additional power on a IS350. I've had a catback xforce exhaust and a takeda intake. To be honest I didn't feel any power difference other than the amazing sound it was making. 

I would recommend upgrading to an IS F when you can. Mine has ppe headers and full exhaust. The thing is scary fast. 🙂

I'm currently running an Invidia Axle Back and really happy with it. Did you find Takeda intake made any difference in power?

I didn't feel any power difference with the intake, but it does add a very nice growl up front. You should be able to hear it in a few YouTube videos. It almost sounds like a V8 if that makes sense. 

• 4 weeks later...

Open ram pods actually lose power on back to back runs and it is defectable

it is advisable to get a highflow panel filter like toms super ram instead of open pods

plus the power is consistant on back to back runs

• Like 1