Just took my 2010 IS350 F Sport in for brake replacement (non-lexus dealership) and was told they would be fitted with genuine parts. Upon pickup I've found that they have used genuine Lexus pads, but Toyota rotors. Not only do they look different, but from what I can feel the brake performance is way down on even my previous worn out ones. Are the 350 F Sport brakes required to have a particular rotor for maximum performance? Was able to pull up very quickly before barely touching the pedal, now it's a hard push for far less response!

Cheers

Thanks,

So standard toyota oem is what is on the IS350 to begin with? It's strange the power and stopping distance is so different. No brake noise with these either, whereas previously there was brake squealing from new up until replacement (dust).

On 10/4/2019 at 8:21 PM, Gutshotpro said:

Thanks, will confirm part number Tuesday. Certainly quieter, just a lot longer to stop. Can deal with that if no brake noise or grabbing like the last set.

as bazzle said they need to be run in

as they are coatings on the pads and rotors that need to be burned off