What actual fuel consumption for IS350 ? Boring I know !

Morning all,

I am considering buying a GSE31R IS350 luxury or sports luxury.  I've heard they are not too good on fuel.

I've searched the forum etc but was hoping for a little more precise info.

I was just wondering if I could get feedback from people on the actual fuel consumption for suburban only (not daily commuting into CBD) and highway only assuming driven quite conservatively (yes, perhaps a bit of a waste!)

Thank you for your feedback

Kelshouse

23 hours ago, kelshouse said:

Morning all,

I am considering buying a GSE31R IS350 luxury or sports luxury.  I've heard they are not too good on fuel.

I was just wondering if I could get feedback from people on the actual fuel consumption for suburban only (not daily commuting into CBD) and highway only assuming driven quite conservatively (yes, perhaps a bit of a waste!)

Thank you for your feedback

Kelshouse

My 2012 IS350 was normally getting 15.8-16 L per 100kms this was 100% inner city Sydney driving with no highways. Max speed about 70kms and heaps on traffic.. 

On 1/4/2020 at 10:41 AM, kelshouse said:

heard they are not too good on fuel.

I was just wondering if I could get feedback from people on the a

Hi my 2010 is350 gets a consistent 7.2l/100km doing 110 without cruise control from Brisbane to Gold Coast. If I set it on cruise control to about 95-100kph, I get about 6.9 on the same trip. I can't tell you what the suburban is, but my avg consumption combining city/highway is about 12.8l/100km. This is driving the car pretty easy.

IMG_20191201_071533.jpg

I dont think it would get anywhere near that. I was just quoting worse case , racetrack style :)

As you can see from the other above posts generally on cruising they are pretty good.

i consistently get 10.5L over the past few years. mix of suburban and some highway driving. Not bad for a 3.5L 6. ive seen many 2L 4 cylinder's getting the same.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 8:56 AM, kelshouse said:

That's good, just need to find a towbar solution.  I am looking for a decent sedan which can also do periodic modest towing duties, so I was hoping the IS350 might do the job.

Ummm, 350s aren't meant to be a tow car. My user's manual doesn't have it as an option whereas the 250 is. I figure it's got something to do with the trans tune; you may wreck the trans. I could be wrong - haven't looked that far into it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Kelshouse,

I own a 2019 IS 350 F sport and get around 9 l/100kms on average. I live in inner Sydney and so I don’t use it as a commuter hack, mostly to visit relos out at Penrith and down the south coast where I love the overtaking power. Since I don’t need to commute I’m not worried about fuel economy. In reality this beautiful car is wasted on me as I don’t use a fraction of its power and handling potential but it’s sooo luxurious, punchy and fun to drive (do I sound like a commercial for Lexus? Sorry!). I wouldn’t think of towing with my car - that’s what SUVs are for. 
Hope my rant hasn’t put you to sleep. 🙂