Brake calipers colour

my_toy

Hi guys, looking at getting back into another Lexus. 

I've noticed some rcf comes with black or orange brake calipers. Are there performance difference between them or just for aesthetics. The vintage I'm looking at is 2015 and 2016.

The red coloured are reserved for carbon ceramic brakes and for later models.

Thanks in advance 

Its only color they all came with the same brakes except the track edition which comes with carbon disc,s . The RCF have come down to a great price ENJOY.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:53 AM, my_toy said:

Hi guys, looking at getting back into another Lexus. 

I've noticed some rcf comes with black or orange brake calipers. Are there performance difference between them or just for aesthetics. The vintage I'm looking at is 2015 and 2016.

The red coloured are reserved for carbon ceramic brakes and for later models.

Thanks in advance 

2014/2015 is black & 2016 onward is orange with the exception of the mentioned track edition which is red. You wouldn't see many of them on the road due to very limited numbers.

All RC F's come with Brembo 6 pot fronts and 4 pot rears which is more than enough for street driving and will hold up nicely around the track for about 15-20 minutes sessions provided you are murdering each lap!

On 4/10/2020 at 5:37 AM, my_toy said:

Thanks Jaylexen for your reply....

Have you changed brake fluids for track duties? 

If we are going to the track and are going to hit it hard I would go and change it to something high grade (track/racing) dot 4 fluid such as Motul 660 or Project Mu G Four 335.

If you are going to hit a hard lap even alternate you would get away with stock dot 4.  

If you are coming from a ISF give us your opinion ( comparison ) after a couple of weeks driving, and congrats enjoy👋💲💲😷😷

2bling....if it wasn't for the flight restrictions and lockdowns.. I wouldn't hesitate doing a road trip back to Bris, it's the ideal way to get acustomed to the RCF fairly quickly....

Enjoy the photos....!!!!

DSC_8141.jpg

DSC_8150.jpg

DSC_8160.jpg

DSC_8161.jpg

DSC_8163.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:01 AM, my_toy said:

2bling....if it wasn't for the flight restrictions and lockdowns.. I wouldn't hesitate doing a road trip back to Bris, it's the ideal way to get acustomed to the RCF fairly quickly....

Enjoy the photos....!!!!

DSC_8141.jpg

DSC_8150.jpg

DSC_8160.jpg

DSC_8161.jpg

DSC_8163.jpg

Nice ride, well done.

TVD or Torsen ?

What are your plans on the car? Are you Sydney based?

I think all Aus delivered RCF comes with TVD and nearly fully optioned comparted to oversea models. The Aus options are different wheels and carbons upgrade. 

As for plans, probably aesthetics mods (front lips, side skirts and rear diffuser) and upgrade coilovers and brake pads. Will likely do track days 3-4 times per year. Not chasing records or be the fastest. 

Happy to have a bit of fun in it.....

On 4/21/2020 at 3:15 PM, my_toy said:

I think all Aus delivered RCF comes with TVD and nearly fully optioned comparted to oversea models. The Aus options are different wheels and carbons upgrade. 

As for plans, probably aesthetics mods (front lips, side skirts and rear diffuser) and upgrade coilovers and brake pads. Will likely do track days 3-4 times per year. Not chasing records or be the fastest. 

Happy to have a bit of fun in it.....

Sounds like a good approach.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...