Thoughts on current ISF pricing

Hornayud

Hi guys so I've been browsing around trying to find an ISF (there are barely any atm) and I just want some input on whether say a car like this is worth it: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/darra/cars-vans-utes/2011-lexus-is-use20r-my12-is-f-black-8-speed-sports-automatic-sedan/1258134236

If you're having trouble viewing it it's basically a my12 with almost 115000km for around 40k.

Are the kms too high for that price? Should I continue to wait? It wasn't that long ago you could find rcfs for 60k or lower so just wondering whether the isf pricing atm is too steep. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

On 10/31/2020 at 6:59 AM, Hornayud said:

Hi guys so I've been browsing around trying to find an ISF (there are barely any atm) and I just want some input on whether say a car like this is worth it: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/darra/cars-vans-utes/2011-lexus-is-use20r-my12-is-f-black-8-speed-sports-automatic-sedan/1258134236

If you're having trouble viewing it it's basically a my12 with almost 115000km for around 40k.

Are the kms too high for that price? Should I continue to wait? It wasn't that long ago you could find rcfs for 60k or lower so just wondering whether the isf pricing atm is too steep. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

They seem to be going up in price. The km isn't too high as long as it's been well maintained and warmed up properly before driving it hard.

That one doesn't appear to be a MY12, the wheels are the tell tale sign. It's a 2011 model, there were significant changes from 11 to 12, most important one being the improved upgraded suspension with Sachs shocks, wider lighter BBS wheels plus more.

Good luck with your search

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of MY12/13s on Car Sales - they have the later style wheel similar to BBS RE-V, best looking I reckon but rare as hen's

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-lexus-is-is-f-auto-my13/OAG-AD-19301801/?Cr=0

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-lexus-is-is-f-auto-my12/SSE-AD-6464992/?Cr=1

Both are $56K, I guess they are worth what people pay albeit these are both low km for age.

Good luck!

Yea Ive been keeping an eye on those ones. But I just can't justify spending that much considering a 2017 c43/s5 can be had for about $10k more 

There was also a my14 for $60k with around 60,000km on the clock. Got sold pretty quickly from the time it was put on carsales

I paid $55k for my 2011 last year with 48kms. I thought that was an awesome deal. Depends what this car is worth to you. I plan to hold onto mine forever as a collectable. Think these will be still kicking around in 10+ years due to their reliability factor. 

They are definitely going up in value as the v8 market is dying. Looks like the next get c63 will be a 4 cylinder hybrid of some sort.  

11 minutes ago, pearlisf said:

I paid $55k for my 2011 last year with 48kms. I thought that was an awesome deal. Depends what this car is worth to you. I plan to hold onto mine forever as a collectable. Think these will be still kicking around in 10+ years due to their reliability factor. 

They are definitely going up in value as the v8 market is dying. Looks like the next get c63 will be a 4 cylinder hybrid of some sort.  

Did you buy the black one from Ballarat Vic?

On 11/1/2020 at 8:27 AM, Jim G said:

They seem to be going up in price. The km isn't too high as long as it's been well maintained and warmed up properly before driving it hard.

That one doesn't appear to be a MY12, the wheels are the tell tale sign. It's a 2011 model, there were significant changes from 11 to 12, most important one being the improved upgraded suspension with Sachs shocks, wider lighter BBS wheels plus more.

Good luck with your search

original blade wheels were still available up to 2014

17 hours ago, Jim G said:

Did you buy the black one from Ballarat Vic?

Nah, pearl white from NSW. Had FBO too and came with spare BBS wheels, steering wheels, headers and all the bits that came off it. 

9 hours ago, pearlisf said:

Nah, pearl white from NSW. Had FBO too and came with spare BBS wheels, steering wheels, headers and all the bits that came off it. 

Nice !!

On 11/16/2020 at 9:04 PM, ilv1004s said:

in saying that i have a 2011 ISF pearl white with 29K kms with 1 yr rego

60k or above asking price

If it was black with cream interior it'd definitely be on the top of my list. Well done on keeping the car so close to new though. 

It's a crazy used car market at the moment.. 

• 4 months later...

A few ISF's for sale at the moment at prices that seem around $10k more than a year ago? Following the big surge in Holden, Ford V8's maybe? ... while ours are in a class above most of them them for mine, what are the thoughts on comparison to HSV cars of similar vintage? Holden GTS cars from 2014 asking around $115k! 

• 2 months later...