Just bought my first Altezza, a 1999 AS200 at auction last Fri. Actually bought for my wife to be (getting married this Sat). Real simple question to start with, do we use 91 or 96 petrol. Also we don't have alloy wheels. How do we go about finding a nice set of alloys preferably in the ChCh region.

Cheers

Heya Chip-on behalf of the management team I'd like to welcome you to Australsia's Lexus club. As tranceman says,a great bunch of guys(no offence altezzagirl ;) ) and a wealth of info on these cars is now but a post away.

Glad to have ya aboard!

Gav. :gav:

Hey Chip, welcome :D

R u in chch?

Check out tony's tyre service. They did a set of FM 901 dunlop tyres for $215 per tyre, which is a sharp price.

They also do great deals on alloy wheels, and packages.

They will also match any deal from any other tyre store.

Hope u find something u like. ;)

Cheers Corey

Just bought my first Altezza, a 1999 AS200 at auction last Fri. Actually bought for my wife to be (getting married this Sat). Real simple question to start with, do we use 91 or 96 petrol. Also we don't have alloy wheels. How do we go about finding a nice set of alloys preferably in the ChCh region.

Hay man, welcome aboard and congrad's on the wedding for this saturday!!!

........Hayden

Hi Chip ,nice choice of car . We'v e got a set of Advanti racing wheels on our Altezza . Polished chrome . I think most Mag and Turbo outlets sell them , although I think you've probably got other things on your mind at the moment ! Congratulations for the weekend. By the way , definitely 96 octane for your car .

cheers

Rosco

Heya chip - good stuff with the car, and the marriage. Hope u guys have an awesome day :P

Someone did a post somewhere about using 98 octane petrol. Some selected BP and Mobile stations sell it. Which leads onto another question for others in the group - is the premium you pay for with 98 worth the extra 5c / litre over 96 ?

Heya chip - good stuff with the car, and the marriage. Hope u guys have an awesome day :P

Someone did a post somewhere about using 98 octane petrol. Some selected BP and Mobile stations sell it. Which leads onto another question for others in the group - is the premium you pay for with 98 worth the extra 5c / litre over 96 ?

98 anytime...I use BP Ultimate after Aaron (Hoon) recommendation...

Matt :D

Heya chip - good stuff with the car, and the marriage. Hope u guys have an awesome dayĀ  :P

98 anytime...I use BP Ultimate after Aaron (Hoon) recommendation...

Matt :D

yeah I reckon the BP 98 is best. The car seems to idle rougher on mobil 98

Thanks for all your good wishes for the big day this Sat. and the welcome to the "club". Matt I'll get back to you sometime about the wheels - goining away immediately after my wedding on Sat. Will checkout Tony's also thanks Corey.

Cheers

Chip