Cracked Head Light?

I have water drops inside of my front head light.. >:--O

DSC02348.JPG

Does that mean it has a crack somewhere? How can i get rid of the moisture?

Should I buy a new set of lights (those smoked ones :-- P) or fix it somehow?

It looks really ugly!!

DSC02348.JPG

Does that mean it has a crack somewhere? How can i get rid of the moisture?

It looks really ugly!!

Yes they are cracked and you are not going to get a warrant with it, my one has cracks too and Lexus order a set for me under the warrantty, Hayden (4ROLLN) has been in the same case a few weeks back and he got a set of black housing headlights through me, you can also get the clear housing too.

Matt :D

DSC02348.JPG

Does that mean it has a crack somewhere?Ā  How can i get rid of the moisture?

It looks really ugly!!

Yes they are cracked and you are not going to get a warrant with it, my one has cracks too and Lexus order a set for me under the warrantty, Hayden (4ROLLN) has been in the same case a few weeks back and he got a set of black housing headlights through me, you can also get the clear housing too.

haha, no I didnt even have a crack in mine, but make sure when you clean the lights you use the correct stuff, <_< I tried to clean the drivers side light and ended up scratching it badly so I was up for some new ones!!!

nah, I should clarify what I did, mine was on the outside, although you could try your approach or even take the headlight out, put it in the hot water cuboard or something and then maybe plastic weld the seal again or glue the seal in that palce if it could be done cleanly.

But yeah my problem was on the other side of the headlight and i was the cause :( !!!

See if any other guys here have any solutions!!

cheers........Hayden

hi there guys, i'm new to the forum

i had the same problem with my old mitsi diamante, turned out to be condensation, due to minute gaps in rubber seals in the bulb housing.

if you can get some sun somewhere at the moment, park the car in the direct sunlight, will initially make the problem seem worse, but will hopefully get rid of the moisture, and cross fingers is not an actual crack

thanks for the ideas hayden :-- )

also, my air-con has gone crazy.. :--\

when i turn on my air-con, the little light in the middle of the 3 air-con knobs (u guys know what i'm talkin about? that one which can be switched on or off to let outside air into the car) switches from one to the other every 5 seconds or so.

it is really annoying, cuz if you're following a truck or something, it sucks in all the exhaust fume into the car. And if I turn the air conditioning off, its all fine.

have you guys had similar problems?

thanks for the ideas hayden :-- )

also, my air-con has gone crazy.. :--\

when i turn on my air-con, the little light in the middle of the 3 air-con knobs (u guys know what i'm talkin about? that one which can be switched on or off to let outside air into the car) switches from one to the other every 5 seconds or so.

it is really annoying, cuz if you're following a truck or something, it sucks in all the exhaust fume into the car. And if I turn the air conditioning off, its all fine.

have you guys had similar problems?

There you go, I think Hayden is the Headlight Guru From now on..lolz...

No, to the air con problem.

Leave your headlights on during the day when driving and the heat from the bulbs will dry it out. Then hit it with the silicon sealer I suppose, if there are no cracks visible.

The UK Club had a thread on how to put the headlights in an oven and heat them up to take the 'glass' front off. The guy painted the chrome areas and fitted the BMW 7series angel eyes. Looked mint!

keith

I was gonna show some new photos but cant upload any photos so thats a bummer!!

P.S I used to have a problem with mazda familiar rear lights and i think the intially drilled a whole in it and drained it, but this is irelevant to your problem "Jase"

The best bet is probably just the sun drying them out and then maybe siliconin as "greeneyes"has said.

good luck with them man!!!!

got the air-con problem solved :--D there was a blocked valve in the aircon circulating system, and now its all sweet again..! its never been as cold since i got the car :--D

still got one head light to fix though -_-

Jason

hahah i don't know, probably not by Friday..! It's too busy at my work to fit another car in there..!

They told me to remove the light, get a heat gun or soemthing and dry the inside, and seal all edges. And hopefully it'll work. But if not, black housing front lights man! haha :P

Probably this comeing saturday there will be room in the garage :--p

Jason