Hi all

Im a new hairy on the club block as you can tell, I have just bought a 98 Altezza RS 200 Z, Mica Blue, am loving it at the mo and thought I would check out the club, looks pretty good well done.

I have a couple of questions for anyone that can help.

Firstly I am binning the factory stereo as it is unsatisfactory and have a full after market system that I am currently installing and would like to know if anyone has tackled the drama of making or sourcing a single din face plate to replace the hole from the factory double din stacker/radio.

Secondly can anyone tell me anything about the factory alarm, ie. Disconecting, locaction and removing it as I have an after market unit and gps tracker to go in.

And thirdly from what I can see a few of you have lowered your rides, was wondering about spring availability and preference and drop heights with out too much shock damage.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Shannon

Hi Shannon and welcome!

sorry can't answer the first two questions as i have no experience..!

and with the springs, haha, go talk to Matt..!

I got some Tanabe springs for my car a couple of weeks ago, not bad, go to my Garage to see some pics

welcome once again! :-- D

Hi all

Im a new hairy on the club block as you can tell, I have just bought a 98 Altezza RS 200 Z, Mica Blue, am loving it at the mo and thought I would check out the club, looks pretty good well done.

I have a couple of questions for anyone that can help.

Firstly I am binning the factory stereo as it is unsatisfactory and have a full after market system that I am currently installing and would like to know if anyone has tackled the drama of making or sourcing a single din face plate to replace the hole from the factory double din stacker/radio.

Secondly can anyone tell me anything about the factory alarm, ie. Disconecting, locaction and removing it as I have an after market unit and gps tracker to go in.

And thirdly from what I can see a few of you have lowered your rides, was wondering about spring availability and preference and drop heights with out too much shock damage.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I m the best man for Altezza Dins in New Zealand :ph34r: I got 1 factory Altezza din left If you want it I can save it for you, I know Turbo_Tezza wants one but I will give it to him when the next lot comes, I can offer them before 1/2 price compare to Toyota New Zealand.

As For springs, I got the Lsportline (Eibach) for my IS300 and Hayden (4ROLLN) and (Jetezza) had Kings, I do not recommend them because they are heat formed and will sack within a year or two...I have hook Jase up with some nice Tanabe and soon David on some Blitz, I can get any springs as the best possible rates, you will have to let me know on how low you want it to be!

As for factory alarm? I thought it dosent come with one? you trying to fit an after market one or???

Matt :D

Awsome guys thanks for the replys, Umm Matt yeah I would be keen for the din plate as long as it is for a single din kenwood deck?

Drop height I would like to go about 1 1/2 inchs at the rear and 2 inchs at the front just to fill that wheel arch space up, Yeah I had some Kings in my Levin and they did start to sag after about 18months, So a few prices and brands would be good if you can help there.

As for the alarm its part of the remote central lock unit from what I can see, wired through to the horn as the siren unit, not sure if it is part of the central body modual or not, wondered if you had come across it at all, I have a uniden unit to fit as it is a bit more peace of mind and my gps tracker needs an alarm unit to interface with.

Shannon