Blitz Pod Filter Installed

Just had my Blitz Pod Filter and kit (complete import from Japan) installed. My factory air box had a crack in it (on the important side!!!)

I took the car for a ride on our previously flooded roads.

The Blitz has made a considerable difference top end, but I've noticed the car seems to get 'bogged down' at around 4000 rpm, only momentarilry, before coming on full song again. Seems as long as you keep her screaming above 4k theres no problem.

Any one else out there with pod filters had similar experience?

yeah Apexi air filter system!

sounds like the same thing, the car is pretty average unitl just after 4,000 when i notice a change over period in the engine and it just takes off until red line. You just get used to it. With the standard air filter etc you dont notice it cause of the lack of noise I reckon and the reduced air flow.

Guys,

The problem with most well all pod air intake filter system is that you will lost low end torque and power due to the high amount of hot air being sucked by the engine when it is not needed, but it increase the airflow on high ends, so you will have lost in low end and more power in the high end, I had an Area51 which did the same thing but I reckon is pointless to spend to lose power...so I got a PLP which still uses the factory airbox and now I got both more low and high end power, I would say the best is just go for a Panel Filter o the 3S-GE, and also Gavo you got a 6 cylinder mate so you are good with torque!!!

Matt :)

thanks guys

an associate of mine has offered to fabricate a shroud in carbon fibre to effectively isolate the pod filter from the engine bay,

who knows, might even look sweet!

other than that problem at 3-4000 rpm, i'm happy with the Blitz, it looks and sounds the part anyway!

The other thing could be that because the filter is so much more efficiant at flowing air than the factory airbox (which is a terrible design in my opinionon the 3sge) It could flow too much and effect the reading of airflow sensor at low rpm. An apexi super afc could sort that out. Now, Im not %100 sure about that, but im sure I have been told that before.