Your best bet at this stage is to look oversea for them. Might want to speak to the dealers to see if they can help too.

For me, i'd rather use the money on other things. I'm happy with just a HID-bulb replacement in mine.

• 2 weeks later...
Your best bet at this stage is to look oversea for them. Might want to speak to the dealers to see if they can help too.

For me, i'd rather use the money on other things. I'm happy with just a HID-bulb replacement in mine.

IDC: What type (brand) of bulb are u using that would give you almost the same level of satisfaction as a real HID? Previously I had a Honda Accord and the bulbs keep blowing out (cos of the voltage), presume that doesn't happen on the IS250?

I used to have the 7500K PIAA H4 on my 1997 Prelude and they seem to do the trick. Didnt blow on me and i had them for 18months or so. with the white-blue tinge, the brightness diminishes abit but it does give that bluey color which i was after. The bulbs costed abit though and i got them brought over from Japan.

Now, im not sure what to get as i don't know what is on offering nor where to get them. I don't mind them blowing so long as they don't burn the harneses.

I used to have the 7500K PIAA H4 on my 1997 Prelude and they seem to do the trick. Didnt blow on me and i had them for 18months or so. with the white-blue tinge, the brightness diminishes abit but it does give that bluey color which i was after. The bulbs costed abit though and i got them brought over from Japan.

Now, im not sure what to get as i don't know what is on offering nor where to get them. I don't mind them blowing so long as they don't burn the harneses.

Thanks mate, I'm actually heading over to Japan in April so will have a look if there is any nice 7500K H11's suitable from over there. (Agree the aren't exactly cheap, so if they will last some 18months as you said I think it's more than worth it)

Do some research, brands like Nokya, Raybrig also offer good bulbs.

Do you think you can let me know once your're there, cos i'd love a set :)

Yeah sure mate, I will be in Japan by 15th April and will also be visiting Hong Kong on the way back to Sydney, so could possibly look at what Hong Kong offers if Japan is too expensive (which most Japanese goods are).

Yeah sure mate, I will be in Japan by 15th April and will also be visiting Hong Kong on the way back to Sydney, so could possibly look at what Hong Kong offers if Japan is too expensive (which most Japanese goods are).

Make sure you get the right type of bulbs.

Let me know how much the xenon and fog bulbs cost.

Thanks.

Thanks.

When you say the right type of bulb I presume you mean the standard IS250 Prestige bulbs (i.e. H11 55W equalivalent to 120W types)?!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

IDC, H11 is very rare on the market (unlike those H4's) and there's only 2 types 1 is PIAA @4700K pure white. The other is another cheaper brand with 4750K with a dash of blue. the PIAA you are looking at AUD$100 a pair whilst the other one is around AUD$40. If i find anothing else I'd let u know

Yeh the H11 is a new type and Phillips sells the H11 here in aust for around $105. I was suprise to know that it costs that much.

How much are the 9005s (low beam)?

Yeh the H11 is a new type and Phillips sells the H11 here in aust for around $105. I was suprise to know that it costs that much.

the low beam are H11 NOT 9005

the high beam IS 9005

the low beam are H11 NOT 9005

the high beam IS 9005

Didn't shop around for the high beam as you hardly ever use High Beam so probably not woth getting anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dafidav,

FYI I bought and installed the MTEC Xenon kit. I got the 6000k bulbs which gives a nice blue tint. Installed for about 5 months now with no problems at all. Can't remember exactly how much but I think I paid including shippping from US roughly $420AUS.

Hope this helps.

XenonDepot has further reduce their kit, $229.

I like to order one but i read that people have got water condensation in lenses problems, and some have flickering of the lights etc...

the condensation problem is really at fault with the installer

i've read if you silicon the rubber grommet then no water will get into the housing

the flickering of light is a common issue, but its a hit and miss thing, some people have it, some people dont, perhaps email XD and see if they have identified the issue and fixed it, perhaps it due to something inside the ballast

Make sure when you do get the kit that it does come with the rubbber gromit as it makes the install much easier.

My MTEC kit did not come with one so I had to make my own and silcon the hole to ensure it's air and water tight. So far so good. No fogging or condesation in the lense. I also have not experienced any of the flickering issues thats been mentioned and I also don't have any error messages some up on the dash.

Also becareful when thinking about buying the slim line philips ballasts. It's slim because the ignitor is a separate box so you may end up having to install 4 boxes in the engine bay rather than 2.

• 1 year later...