Sat Nav / Dvd Hack For 2007+ Is250 In Canberra

Hi Does anyone know if someone in Canberra can do the Sat Nav / DVD Hack / Override for 2007-08 IS250's with the Mark Levinson system??

Correct me if I am wrong as I don't have the car yet (picking it up tomorrow!!) but the "secret menu" doesn't exisit on the 2007 / 08 models????

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your new IS250! :rolleyes:

So we are talking about to override the original system with aftermarket DVD/navigation, or you have DVD/navigation already, and wants to have it played while the car is moving??

I do know a solution for input aftermarket DVD/Navi into the original system, but not sure if you are talking about this.

I don't know about a direct software hack, but there is some hardware sold out of the U.S. that claims to unlock the Navigation and a whole lot more. They have different versions for each generation of the Lexus GPS System. Check them out at : <http://www.coastaletech.com/BLUE_lockpick1.htm> (And no, I have absolutely no connection with the company, I just happened to find them during a Google search on how to disable the Navigation Lock)

Hope this helps

Hi Barry

Thank you so much for looking for me. Unfortunetly I couldn't find IS250's on their "list" - I emailed them last week and didn't get a reply :-(

Thanks - I am really happy with it!!!!!

I would like to override the original system to enable telephone and destination input whilst the car is moving. Being able to watch a DVD (passengers not driver!!) whilst moving would also be great.

I understand there is a secret menu with an override button in 2006 and older models but Lexus has removed it in 2007+ models.

I am hoping to find someone in Canberra or Sydney how can rewire the unit to enable these features (and remove the "I agree"!!)

Manialxs I would be interested in hearing more about the aftermarket mods you mentioned.

Cheers

I don't really know much about the code, but I know you could put aftermarket DVD player to your monitor, but! our Lexus comes with the DVD player if you have the navigation option. So I don't think this would do much for us.

The only thing I can think of adding to the screen is TV.

• 1 month later...

You probably should have read the date of the last reply..

That and you probably also should have read the thread as this method only works on the 2006 models. The topic creator has bought a 07/08 model.

With regards to getting rid of the I Agree screen, placing a V14 nav disc into a the IS250 (Gen 5) doesn't seem to remove it like has been reported in overseas models.

Hey guys - i'm to take delivery of my is250 on Monday. I've been looking at hacks for the navigation system as well and also came across that lockpick website. I was reading on the US forums that people have used the Lockpick in the states on their is250's and it works.

I will decide whether or not toget it after I get the car.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks - I am really happy with it!!!!!

I would like to override the original system to enable telephone and destination input whilst the car is moving. Being able to watch a DVD (passengers not driver!!) whilst moving would also be great.

I understand there is a secret menu with an override button in 2006 and older models but Lexus has removed it in 2007+ models.

I am hoping to find someone in Canberra or Sydney how can rewire the unit to enable these features (and remove the "I agree"!!)

Manialxs I would be interested in hearing more about the aftermarket mods you mentioned.

Cheers

In the 2006 and preceeding models, the override can be done by touching sections of the screen, which accesses a secret menu. this is not possible on 07+ models. The only way to do it is with hot wiring / cabling which affects your warranty.

• 1 month later...

as far as i am aware adding in an aftermarket dvd player to the screen requires splicing into some wires so that would void your warranty anyway.

as far as adding lcds to headrest they will not work, as in they won't recieve a picture unless the car is parked, unless of course you have hacked the dvd player to work whilst in motion.

I agree with cevu.

To add the external DVD, you would be utilising the reverse camera screen. (ie. hijacking the reverse camera mod).

If you were already doing this mod, you better off doing sat nav hack instead.

As for this hack, yeah, see ya later warranty! I assume all are familiar with the procedure. Quite straight forward but at the moment, guys are cutting and splicing into the wiring looms.

Having looked at the pin outs and what is actually being done, I do think it is quite safe, IF DONE CORRECTLY, but obviously, if there is an un-related failure with the unit, you don`t have a leg to stand on come warranty if wires are cut.

(I DO STRONGLY SUGGEST IF YOU DO HAVE ANY CONCERNS, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!)

I will be toying around with mine in the coming months and hopefully I will come up with a procedure that won`t involve cutting, but rather removing pins from the plug and utilising jumpers that are easily removed in the event that the un-speakable should happen!

I will keep you all posted when I eventually do it.

that actually sounds like a very good idea, but i've been thinking about it and it doesn't seem like you can succesfully pull it off without warranty issues. i don't mean to sound negative but just sharing my thoughts as it might assist you with your mod.

for the dvd hack the red wire needs to be grounded, even if you remove the pin the wire is still not grounded.

P1 wire white/silver motion wire and VSS wire need to be joined? don't think there is a way around it?

won't help me as i've already hacked mine but would be useful for all the other forum members.

best of luck!