Is250x Pics? And Cost Of New Is250

Hi Guys,

I have heard there is a new IS250X on the way, does anyone have any nice pics of the last one to check out? I have seen a few around the Internet but was keen to see pics of ppl that already owned them, I really keen to seel the wheels and the interior :)

Also what do you guys think is a good price these days for a IS250 Prestiege with Nav + Roof on the road?

Thanks guys

:rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone here the X car yet.

If you have enough to get a Sport or Sport Luxurymight be good to go that way.

The extra things are nice to have but for me money was the driving factor....and not that i'm biased, but the costs you put into the cars doesn't necessarily means you can get them back in comparision amounts, depend on what you get too i suppose.

I have a black X, however I have never taken any pictures of it ever since I got it. :huh:

OOH please take some pics, I want to see what it looks like in Black pls pls :), I stopped by a showroom today and saw the artic blue, it looks veryyyy nice, but not sure what the resale will be on that in a few years, but right now it looks very classy. Also it appears there are no heated or cool seats on the IS250X. Why do us aussie buyers always get jipped on this stuff, the price on the road is around 73 with not much room to move, my budget is around the prestiege model so I am thinking that will be the way to go with a nice 18inch wheel and emv.

I am thinking of putting the sports alloy 18 on there, what do you guys think? I have been told its around 3K for the rims and around 2K for the tyres, any suggestions for tyres? Also do you think it's worth lowering or will it look allright stock? if lowering is required how much to lower and where to go in Sydney metro? any suggestions?

Also how hard is the ivory interior to look after guys?? I was thinking of a black or blue with ivory, not sure which will have a bette resale? I have a 200 thats black (ext) and black (int) but the black exterior is a lot of work to look after but looks awesome! :)

No heated and cooled seats on the IS250X? No wonder when I saw the interior pics of the X that is floating around the web I couldn't see any climate control seat dials near the gear center console area. I guess that's why they also only mention 'smooth leather seats' for the X. :unsure:

As for the 18" Sports Alloys, I think that there is a new colour out there, the Carbon Metallic and you can check it out from Sewell Lexus Parts http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts.asp...80&pid=1270 as mentioned on previous posts in this forum.

My budget is also for the Prestige model with emv but would love to have the factory HIDs, but Lexus doesn't have this as an option on this grade. Oh well... looks like it's going to be, good bye HIDs and hello 18" wheels instead :)

No heated and cooled seats on the IS250X? No wonder when I saw the interior pics of the X that is floating around the web I couldn't see any climate control seat dials near the gear center console area. I guess that's why they also only mention 'smooth leather seats' for the X. :unsure:

As for the 18" Sports Alloys, I think that there is a new colour out there, the Carbon Metallic and you can check it out from Sewell Lexus Parts http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts.asp...80&pid=1270 as mentioned on previous posts in this forum.

My budget is also for the Prestige model with emv but would love to have the factory HIDs, but Lexus doesn't have this as an option on this grade. Oh well... looks like it's going to be, good bye HIDs and hello 18" wheels instead :)

Hey JML :) Thanks for the pic, looks awesome, I wonder if we can get that new finish Rim here, I will have to check with the dealers. Otherwise I have already emailed sewell and they can send it over but shipping costs apply not sure about warranty etc. What RIMS are you looking at? What colour car are you going to get?

On the IS250X the sales guy told me Lexus pulled that out to save on cost as they were giving you other extras like RIMS, new sports suspension and metalic scuff plates etc. I asked how much the sports pedals were, can you believe they are 895 here!!!! You can get them in the US for 295 but their ones won't fit here because we are right hand drive :(

Hi Naz, I am not sure if the Sports alloys have the new finish here or let alone any new IS250 Sports comes with them. But when you find out, please let us know. The rims that I am currently looking at are the ones that is on the IS250X which I really like, but the new finish on the Sports alloys is growing on me. The colour which we will be choosing is Graphite as both my wife and I love the look of the IS in that colour :)

Here are some pics I found on the Graphite coloured IS

http://my.is/forums/f126/updated-pics-new-...ver-dam-356566/

WOW 895 for sports pedals??? Ummm... I think that I would rather get the White illuminated door scuff plates from sewell instead ;)

I have dealt with SEWELL LEXUS a few times etc white illuminated sill plates a lot cheaper through sewell than buying from lexus in brisbane all up including air freight was all up $400 compared to more than $700 from lexus in brisbane worth every cent :P :P

Very well respected company

Well recommended.

I'm looking at those graphite sport wheels they look great

I have a sport and i was thinking of changing my silver sport to the graphite wheels or get them painted with graphite colour by the wheel repairers down the coast.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/3108/b0000001lk7.jpg

GRAPHITE SPORT WHEEL

Other wheels from lexus

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts.asp...80&pid=1270

Hi Chappy,

Thanks for the heads up in regards to the White illuminated sill plates, but I was wondering if you installed it yourself? I have a feeling that for the Prestige model it will not be as simple as plug and play. I have read that on certain IS models that power will need to be re-routed for the sill plates to be illuminated?

Btw, your car looks sweet especially with your exhaust :)

Hi Chappy,

Thanks for the heads up in regards to the White illuminated sill plates, but I was wondering if you installed it yourself? I have a feeling that for the Prestige model it will not be as simple as plug and play. I have read that on certain IS models that power will need to be re-routed for the sill plates to be illuminated?

Btw, your car looks sweet especially with your exhaust :)

Thanks very much jml

I think from 2007 on the prestige has been wired, not quite shaw you can check to see if the plug is alive by just pulling the sill plate off,for futher info you can search CLUB LEXUS lots on illuminated sill plates.

Mine was plug and play so it was very easy good luck.

As for the X there is a few things missing like xenon head lights and the 2 way rear vision mirror and few other things.

The IS250x rims are very nice JML it has that polished look and melbourne lexus said you can get the rims for around 2100 without tyres and add some for delivery. I am thinking the sports alloy with the new finish would look nicer though if we can get it here. The graphite colour rocks, I was thinking of that colour too but I really like the ivory interior and they won't do one with Ivory :( hence me opting for a blue or a black possibly. Have you got any pricing yet? if so how is it?

Btw JML or anyone, do you guys know what happens when we import stuff here from the US? Do we have to go and clear out of customs and pay a duty or does it get shipped to your home? How does it work? Because I am thinking of getting the wheels sent over from sewell but not sure apart from paying them for the wheel and shipping if I will get hit for some tax and also if I have to go somewhere to get it cleared from customs...

I was thinking about the door plates butt worried about wiring and warranty etc :)

Btw what do you guys think is the most popular colour for the IS250?

HI NAZ

When i got stuff from sewell you setup a account details for freight and it gets delivered to your house by fed ex couriers but when you log on to their site and the item you want it gives to delivered price to your door normal air freight price or prority price which is dearer and you can track you order from us to australia and the day it arrived my items arrived before they even credit my account payment is by credit card and prices on their site is in us dollars.

My tanabe exhaust system from another company i rang the courier at brisbane airport you have to pay a small release fee to them and its on the way to you door.

Those grahpite full set of stagged wheels is $1640plus 688.32 economy frieght comes to us $2328.28= aus$2524.42 total

Those x wheels are $2004 us plus freight.

$2524 including tyres? It's not too bad if you want oem but go aftermarket and you can get 19s with tyes with money to lower your car too. I was at dealers today and saw these X wheels...alot of gaps to the fenders which sorta puts me off abit.

Hey Chappy :) thanks for the heads up.

I am thinking of going for a black or blue so the new sports wheel will look good with it. Do you guys know what tyres are best to run on these. I was talking to my dealer today and he was saying becarefull as the wheels may not fit properly on the car here etc, Do you guys think it's safe not to worry about that, considering they are from lexus in the US? I know melb city lexus is doing the wheels quite cheap aswell but they are not in the graphite finish. They quoted be around 2600 for the sports wheel plus 1600 for Dunlop tyres. Where as dealers in Sydney are saying it will cost around 5200 with tyres!

Also I dont get what you mean with setting up an account at sewell, do I need to setup a seperate account with fedex to get it here? or just create a account on their website?

Has anyone else see any pics with the graphite wheel anywhere? I would be keen to check these out. What wheels does everyone else have on their cars.

I wouldn't mind taking pictures of the car but I have no time for that until the weekends! Can you wait or unless you really want to see it, I live in the city so you can easily see it.

All Good :) I can wait till the weekend maehara Thanks :> can't wait :)))

How do you find keeping the black nice and clean? Did you get any paint protection on it?

I am thinking of going for a black or blue so the new sports wheel will look good with it. Do you guys know what tyres are best to run on these. I was talking to my dealer today and he was saying becarefull as the wheels may not fit properly on the car here etc, Do you guys think it's safe not to worry about that, considering they are from lexus in the US? I know melb city lexus is doing the wheels quite cheap aswell but they are not in the graphite finish. They quoted be around 2600 for the sports wheel plus 1600 for Dunlop tyres. Where as dealers in Sydney are saying it will cost around 5200 with tyres!

Also I dont get what you mean with setting up an account at sewell, do I need to setup a seperate account with fedex to get it here? or just create a account on their website?

Has anyone else see any pics with the graphite wheel anywhere? I would be keen to check these out. What wheels does everyone else have on their cars.

Decisions Decisions NAZ.

Sewell set up is just your billing address and shipping address your e mail address and password and payment details usual stuff.

I love those graphite wheels as i had a is300 with graphite wheels i think they look better than bright silver i don't know what the dealer is referring to about the 18''wheels won't fit they are genuine lexus oem wheels through out the world.

I wouldn't mind taking pictures of the car but I have no time for that until the weekends! Can you wait or unless you really want to see it, I live in the city so you can easily see it.

All Good :) I can wait till the weekend maehara Thanks :> can't wait :)))

How do you find keeping the black nice and clean? Did you get any paint protection on it?

After two week of driving it, I came back with a scuff on a rim, lots of stones scratches on the hood, pinetree saps on the hood so I stopped driving it till I get clear bra on. Meantime I have no time to do it so I drive my other car to work.

Hi Guys,

I emailed Sewell in regards to the alloys (to find out if they will 'fit' into the IS250 here) and their response is...

"Unfortunately, we are not really able to confirm if they do or do not fit with vehicles in Australia, as we do not have access to these particular vehicles to test our wheels on.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you,

Thank you, "

Hmmm... but as Chappy mentioned, they should be as I don't see any difference as they are oem parts. There are so many people buying/importing other alloys from overseas and their IS250/350 wheel configuration should be compatible with the ones here.

But those graphite alloys sure do look nice on the dark colour :)

As for the pricing, we are still a few months away before we are ready so no real deals yet. How about you? When are you looking into purchasing yours?

In terms of the Aust IS250 they should have a PCD of 5x114.3 with an offset of ~ +38 - +45 I believe. These two are important in terms of rim selection based on the stock wheel hub.

Stock IS250 rim sizes

Prestige: 16X7

Sports: 18x8 / 18x8.5

Sports Lux: 17x8

You probably need to get rim measurements from Sewell and see if it's within the tolerances for your model.

Hi Guys,

I emailed Sewell in regards to the alloys (to find out if they will 'fit' into the IS250 here) and their response is...

"Unfortunately, we are not really able to confirm if they do or do not fit with vehicles in Australia, as we do not have access to these particular vehicles to test our wheels on.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you,

Thank you, "

Hmmm... but as Chappy mentioned, they should be as I don't see any difference as they are oem parts. There are so many people buying/importing other alloys from overseas and their IS250/350 wheel configuration should be compatible with the ones here.

But those graphite alloys sure do look nice on the dark colour :)

As for the pricing, we are still a few months away before we are ready so no real deals yet. How about you? When are you looking into purchasing yours?

Thanks Mahera :)

Danggg mann that looks veryy nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowee that a tough choice between sports rim and X rim. What does everyone else think?

Pricing I have from Melb Lexus for Rims with no tyres:

The Sports alloys $2650.00. The Blade alloys are $2156.00

Not sure which rims to get hmmm :unsure:

Sorry to hear about your stone chips, do know which clear bra you are going to get? is it a 3M or are there any others around nsw? I was looking at http://www.ozicozi.com.au/ but not sure how good they are. Where are your chips? mainly on the bonnet?

As for the paint, I suggest some paint proteciton, my current Black IS200 has the Paint protection from www.infinityauto.com.au. It works wonders when it comes to looking after the paint, real easy to wash and after 4 yrs the car looks like new, people always comment on that.

As for Rim damage a lot of people suggest tyres with curb protection. Not sure how good they are any opinions anyone??