Hi,

Where did you guys buy the illuminated sill plates from and how much were they.

For those of you interested in the body kit from sewell`s there are some good photo`s on fitting and the finished job on the clublexus web site.

Hi,

Where did you guys buy the illuminated sill plates from and how much were they.

For those of you interested in the body kit from sewell`s there are some good photo`s on fitting and the finished job on the clublexus web site.

I would highly recommend sewell lexus for all your accessories. They have all OEM IS parts at a reasonable price.

The illuminated scuff plates come in 2 colours. The 2005-2007 scuff plate comes with a blue illumination, which costs US$206 + Shipping

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_detail.asp?id=89644

The 2008+ scuff plates comes with a white illumination, and costs US$219 + Shipping

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_detail.asp?id=90176

Personally, i think the 2008+ white illumination suits the car better.

Thanks for that Gerald,I have an 06 prestige with the standard plastic sill inserts,do you know if you just replace them with the illuminated ones or modify the plastic to fit them in.Also i assume as someone wrote i can splice into the door light wiring as mine won`t have the connectors fitted.

Thanks for that Gerald,I have an 06 prestige with the standard plastic sill inserts,do you know if you just replace them with the illuminated ones or modify the plastic to fit them in.Also i assume as someone wrote i can splice into the door light wiring as mine won`t have the connectors fitted.

You just pull off the existing ones and install the exact replacement ones to the colour of the sills from sewell lexus oem parts not aftermarket ones.

You will have to wire it to your dome light for the 2006 models.

I have installed the white ones to mine they are brighter than the blue ones and look better.

I just went to Sydney City Service department and the service was not as good as the sales. The reception made me sound like I owe an apology from budging in without an appointment and when I state the name of my dealer and that I have spoken to him about it. She called him and asked him to stick to the rule of booking by saying, "You know the rules, Thomas" in a sarcastic one and not to ask customer to just walk-in like this.

When a serviceman comes down and grabs my key to check with what's the issue of the plates not lighting up even though the dome lights are on auto and they bring illuminated. He came down ten minutes later and said they couldn't understand why they won't lit up. Maybe its broken, go change another pair and come back again.

That service guy didn't care much i say it would not be broken because the pair of them won't light up try removing one and get a tester to see if you have power to the plug and go from their or a auto electrician can check the wiring to see if its alive or dead.

Before I went down to the dealer, I tested the passenger with a tester driver. No sign of live current or maybe the tester's broken I thought so I just took it in. After the sad return from the service site, I brought the car to the auto-electrician I went for install of HID and they say they can fix it only after I book an appointment. Labour charge is 90 an hour, that's why I didn't want to go there initially. Can you picture the cost I spent on just installing the lights last month? 3 hours. It costs more than the lights.

Before I went down to the dealer, I tested the passenger with a tester driver. No sign of live current or maybe the tester's broken I thought so I just took it in. After the sad return from the service site, I brought the car to the auto-electrician I went for install of HID and they say they can fix it only after I book an appointment. Labour charge is 90 an hour, that's why I didn't want to go there initially. Can you picture the cost I spent on just installing the lights last month? 3 hours. It costs more than the lights.

Yes labour costs are very high these days i guess you have to look at the end results the white light in the sill is well worth it considering i was quoted by lexus spare parts in brisbane the sills would cost $760 so i bought them through sewell in the usa at half the the price its a prick thats yours have to be wired up and not plug and play.

It should not be to expensive for wiring just put to well earned expense to get those lights to work good luck.

When I got my illuminated sills from the US I went off to my local auto-electrician and he fitted them for $60. All he did was wire them into the door light wiring.

When I got my illuminated sills from the US I went off to my local auto-electrician and he fitted them for $60. All he did was wire them into the door light wiring.

Really? Is it anywhere near Sydney?

I just went to Sydney City Service department and the service was not as good as the sales. The reception made me sound like I owe an apology from budging in without an appointment and when I state the name of my dealer and that I have spoken to him about it. She called him and asked him to stick to the rule of booking by saying, "You know the rules, Thomas" in a sarcastic one and not to ask customer to just walk-in like this.

When a serviceman comes down and grabs my key to check with what's the issue of the plates not lighting up even though the dome lights are on auto and they bring illuminated. He came down ten minutes later and said they couldn't understand why they won't lit up. Maybe its broken, go change another pair and come back again.

this sh*tty service is typical of lexus. my new IS250 has had about 20 BIG issues, from suspension to sunroof, audio system to reversing camera failing. everytime i get told "i dont know". its disgusting. we pay the better half of 100k for a car and get treated like this? be better off with a bloody holden.

• 1 month later...

after reading this post i now see why you're always shying away from mods that affect warranty.

sorry to hear about your misfortune with ur lexus.

if it makes you feel any better i have a Mercedes as well and since day 1 that i bought it i have had countless problems. from lights going out, warnings on dashes, door seals broken, central locking not working.

however all these are minor problems not worth wasting a day off work to get fixed. then when i finally did bring it in for something major, (transmission) they have the nerve to imply that the transmision problems were caused by my neglect. the problems are from bad craftmanship, not neglect! and i'm still battling it with them trying to get this transmission problem sorted, so yeah,

i don't think it matters what brand of car u buy, theres always one in the batch thats a nightmare and it looks like you and i were unlucky to buy that "ONE"

That's a pity, and a surprise about the service you are getting from your dealer. My dealer has been totally first class. Ive had a few little niggles with my vehicle, nothing remotely serious - as my partner says 'trivial', and they went above and beyond during its routine 30k service. The key with any modifications etc. is consultation with your service manager.

Maybe its just the level of service my dealer provides, but Ive been on the phone to the service manager several times to get advice on tyres, self-maintenance dos and donts, and would be on the phone to him again if I was thinking about anything after market.

Perhaps go to another Lexus dealer for a second opinion (I did once), and talk about what you want to do. If you are baulking at the price of Lexus after-market parts (like illuminated sills), they might be able to do a deal for you, or build a special price into your next service.

These things can be done.

Hey Maehara, How did you go with this? Much luck??

I am thinking of getting mine done but a bit worried after you had all these probs. Also can this be done on a prestige or can it be only done on the 250X, S and SL?