Does anyone have a rattling rearview mirror? Mine has started rattling recently and not quite sure why?

Anyone else have this problem and had it fixed by their dealer?

Mine vibrates when I turn the music up, but no rattling.

Like Bluey, mine will only vibrates when the music is up loud! (Gotta love the ML sound!!!)

How bad is it? Is it there even just when driving on an "average" road?

I will talk to a friend of mine that mentioned something to me a while ago about this. I will get back to you!!

Like Bluey, mine will only vibrates when the music is up loud! (Gotta love the ML sound!!!)

I will talk to a friend of mine that mentioned something to me a while ago about this. I will get back to you!!

Yes it happens when I drive on Sydney's average (crap) roads. It sounds as though something has come loose inside the mirror housing itself.

It's different to the music vibration, mine vibrates and rattles.

Yes it happens when I drive on Sydney's average (crap) roads. It sounds as though something has come loose inside the mirror housing itself.

It's different to the music vibration, mine vibrates and rattles.

Well, we could really speak about Sydneys "average / crap /####" roads on more then just this topic. We could bring it into the stone chip topic aswell. I've got the good 'ol M2 to contend with. My paint work and wind screen have both been hammered!! :angry: Not happy!!

Anyway, I might leave this to the other topic!!

Look, with a 4 year warranty, I don't think that service would mess around with opening it, surely they would replace it!

If you have ascertained that its happening internally, I would insist that they replace it!!

I will let you know if my friend had the same instance and what was the end result!!

I have the M4 to deal with and recently a piece of tyre from a truck was flung up by a car in front and put a nice scratch on the front of my car.

Went and got a quote to get it fixed and after the $2500 quote came back decided to go through insurance instead.

So i feel your pain with the chips and scratches.

I have the M4 to deal with and recently a piece of tyre from a truck was flung up by a car in front and put a nice scratch on the front of my car.

Went and got a quote to get it fixed and after the $2500 quote came back decided to go through insurance instead.

Art_76,

Look, I was reading a post on CL a while ago where a guy had parked his car a mile away from a shops entrance. The reasoning for this was so that no one would open their door into his. (Yeh, we all been there)!! The down side to this was, because there were no other cars around him, his stood out like a sore thumb! Soooo, what did some ##%^# decide to do, key it all the way down the side!!

What im trying to get at is, the harder we try to avoid anything happening to our cars, the more likely something is going to happen!

I too feel your pain!!

Is it fixed?? I assume they did a great job on it.

Art_76,

Look, I was reading a post on CL a while ago where a guy had parked his car a mile away from a shops entrance. The reasoning for this was so that no one would open their door into his. (Yeh, we all been there)!! The down side to this was, because there were no other cars around him, his stood out like a sore thumb! Soooo, what did some ##%^# decide to do, key it all the way down the side!!

What im trying to get at is, the harder we try to avoid anything happening to our cars, the more likely something is going to happen!

I too feel your pain!!

Is it fixed?? I assume they did a great job on it.

I have to admit I do the same thing too. Always try and park it away from other cars or park next to expensive cars if I can.

The car is all fixed and looks like new again. Now just trying to find a way to keep it that way and avoid another trip back to the paint shop.