Hi Guys,

I dont if anyone will remember me, as i dont remember anyones nick, but i had an IS200 in 2003, and put a 1jzgte into it. Started out here then we made the lexusownersclub.org website.

Anways i moved on from the IS, to a couple of supras, mr2's etc, im back ina s upra and love it. Now im after an IS250 for he wife to replace her Echo sportivo.

I like the sport, but she wants leather, she hates woodgrain so sports luxury is out, so that leaves prestige....the wheels are a turn off, but a prestige with teh sport rims and enhancement pack would be the ultimate, any idea if this is available? BTW ill be buying used not new, cant afford haha.

I have never even driven one, are they really as slow as everyone says? Also read reviews that rear vision ispoor, and the reverse camera is a must.

Im in Sydney, can anyone reccomed any dealers? As we would trad ethe echo in, cant be bothered trying to sell it.

Go into your nearest dealer and drive one! They arent slow at all - they are 0/100km/h in mid 8 secs. Admittedly, it is a very heavy car for its size (you feel the solidity when you drive one) and the auto is geared a little tall (will be changed in the 2009 update apparently) - so you need to rev it a little bit to get it going (it may feel sluggish as it has doesnt have a touchy accelerator, but its not). Took me a few months to get used to it, but now Ive learnt how to drive it now.

Agreed - reversing assistance is a must. I just have the sensors which do a good job. When Ive had a loan car (during services), Ive had one with a camera, but found it a bit unnerving to watch it rather than my mirrors, and listening to the 'beeps'.

Incidentally I believe Lexus has a driveaway deal on the is250 for the next few weeks (I think they are paying all on-road costs) - so have a chat to them about that.

I test drove just about everything under the sun from Alfa to Audi to BM to VW to Mazda to Honda - nothing came close!!

woot...

hey man it's me danny from JDMST

used to own the yellow evo...

i can let u have a quick peek at mine if u want

pm me ill pass u my contact number etc

Heyyy Danny,

Thanks for that offer man, ill be going on Sunday to the dealerships see if i can check them out there, and hopefully get a drive of one.

How do you find the handling? I mean i know its not going to match an EVO or anything hehe. Also are you hanging for more power? hehe

Thanks Nick, yeah maybe get the pretige and throw a set of Work or Rays on it.

Thanks Sapphire, i suppose 8 sec isnt too slow, i mean its faster then her echo at least hehe. The worst is when there is someone hogging the right lane on the freeway and there is a gap to overtake on the left, but you need to do it fast as there is a car further up. Good to hear you have test drove those other cars. I havent and dont intend to, as ilv1004 will know im biased towards toyota/lexus and i have brainwashed the wife too aswell hehe.

Thanks for teh heads up re: drive away deals.

Now, my main concern is where i park it at home. I live in apartment blocks, and although the parking is underground, there is a bloody cat that sits on all the cars. Its driving me insane as it leaves foot prints and hair all over the cars, probably scratches too..

Any suggestions on getting it to stop, without hurting it? (Friend suggested feeding in radiator fluid lol). This is one thing thats putting us off upgrading the echo.

hahahahahaha

handleing.. yeah i suppose it's alright..

i recon it steers great for such a heavy car it does love to get sideways though

POWER.. hm.. yes..

needs more power i recon it isnt slow though i took on a new mazda 6 the other day and wiped him out clearly. lol

thats why im seriosuly considereing the ISF..

i love my car

i love the way it looks

i like the way it handles

so with a V8 lol.. im sold

Im sure we would all like the IS-F too, but yeah maybe in 15 years time when they are 30k ill get one haha.

Im reading through all the pages here, all my thoughts/queries are answered through everyones experience, sorry guys i should know better not to search :P

Im loving the car more and more just by reading everyones posts, getting gifts, awesome service but I have seen one negative one tho, where someone complaines about reattles and squeeks and eventually got a pro rata refund.

Danny, my plan is white prestige with dark/gunmetal wheels haha...im neglectng the supra already, been a week since i look for parts for my supra online hahaha..

Im sure we would all like the IS-F too, but yeah maybe in 15 years time when they are 30k ill get one haha.

Im reading through all the pages here, all my thoughts/queries are answered through everyones experience, sorry guys i should know better not to search :P

Im loving the car more and more just by reading everyones posts, getting gifts, awesome service but I have seen one negative one tho, where someone complaines about reattles and squeeks and eventually got a pro rata refund.

Danny, my plan is white prestige with dark/gunmetal wheels haha...im neglectng the supra already, been a week since i look for parts for my supra online hahaha..

Welcome .....(Back)!!!

The negative that you read about was in regards to noise from behind the dash. Not sure if the guys with the pre-07 cars here have had it, but that has now been rectified.....Just thought I would jump in on this ol' family re-union!!

ah.. yes..

white with gg wheels will look hot.

hope u get 1 soon

so i can catch up with ya at the JDMST meet :D

Definitely recommend Chatswood Lexus. They sell more Lexus' than anyone in Australia (so they have buying power), and I got a great deal back in the beginning of 06 when the car was very new (and therefore not discounted). Plus if you buy their car, they give you (for as long as your warranty lasts - 4 years) free carwashes. This is pretty cool especially if, like me, you work in the same suburb. These days, that car wash service is so popular that you need to book it weeks in advance.

I've had other friends who also bought IS250's from Chatswood and they happy with their dealership experience.

Definitely recommend Chatswood Lexus. They sell more Lexus' than anyone in Australia (so they have buying power), and I got a great deal back in the beginning of 06 when the car was very new (and therefore not discounted). Plus if you buy their car, they give you (for as long as your warranty lasts - 4 years) free carwashes. This is pretty cool especially if, like me, you work in the same suburb. These days, that car wash service is so popular that you need to book it weeks in advance.

I've had other friends who also bought IS250's from Chatswood and they happy with their dealership experience.

Thanks for the help so far guys! Im getting really hooked especially after i saw this!

06_lexus_sema_teasers.jpg

Im sure my wife wont let me do any mods, but i can only dream.

check this out http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2005-Lexus-IS250-Bl...id=p3286.c0.m14 looks like ProjectIs's car :) the wheels looks similar lol

Well Q, I was wondering how long untill someone noticed my ride for sale!! HAHAHA!

Come on man, my ride looks better then that!! Sorry if you own the car on ebay!! But its true!! <_<

I like the sport, but she wants leather, she hates woodgrain so sports luxury is out, so that leaves prestige....the wheels are a turn off, but a prestige with teh sport rims and enhancement pack would be the ultimate, any idea if this is available? BTW ill be buying used not new, cant afford haha.

I have never even driven one, are they really as slow as everyone says? Also read reviews that rear vision ispoor, and the reverse camera is a must.

Have a look at one of the limited X models may be the suitable compromise for you both. Had mine about 6 weeks now and love it. You should also get a good deal as they haven't been selling as well as they hoped. Good luck with your new purchase.

With this car wash thingy? I bought my car from Parramatta and they too have this free car wash for the duration of the warranty.

Have you ever used their service? Do they just put it through a car wash machine or do they do it by hand?

I'm a bit picky when it comes to washing my car. Always use the best stuff and do it by hand. Wash & Wax each time.

The wash is pretty good. I am also very picky when it comes to washing my car, but they do a good job. To be honest I don't know what they use, but I always check the condition of my car afterwards, and not only is it clean, but they haven't rubbed on a series of scratches.

On another note, I have to agree with Ozboy. The IS250X seems like a good deal.