Picking up the new X on Tuesday and keen to get the windows tinted straight away. I'm keen to go 15% and the guy I used to use no longer does it.

Does anyone know of a mobile tinter who does 15% and does an excellent job?

Any other recommendations welcome.

what state/area you in?

few guys in melbourne do it cheap and well.

my dad's landcruiser got done with 35% for $220.

and thats 9 windows

High quaility tint, his fishing rods rubbing against the windows and stuff and no scratches.

what state/area you in?

few guys in melbourne do it cheap and well.

my dad's landcruiser got done with 35% for $220.

and thats 9 windows

High quaility tint, his fishing rods rubbing against the windows and stuff and no scratches.

Niick, I'm in Melb and would be interested in your guy. Can you give me his details?

Thanks

One thing I recall when I was negotiating with my IS250 was the tinting. Weighing between getting it done through the dealer or I take it to a place myself.

At the dealer the sales guy mentioned at Lexus don't recommend tinting since the window sills are very tight and may scratch the tint etc etc.

I got it done anyway through a workshop and haven't had a problem to date *touches wood

/My 2c

Where did you get it done at, how much? How dark did you go?

I've spoken with Solartint and a few mobile guys. The mobile guys will do a good job, but won't give you a warranty like a store will. May just pay the extra and know that it is getting done properly.

Where did you get it done at, how much? How dark did you go?

I've spoken with Solartint and a few mobile guys. The mobile guys will do a good job, but won't give you a warranty like a store will. May just pay the extra and know that it is getting done properly.

I got mine done at Tint-A-Car (http://www.tintacar.com.au) a few months ago.

See this thread for more details including photos for visual:

IS250 Tint Thread Here

• 2 weeks later...

Got the tint done today. Got it done at Solartint at Castle Hill (behind Mobil). Great guy, did 15% with life time warranty for $295.

Looks unreal with the Black. Will post pics soon.

Yea i'm pretty sure it is metallic, it's one of the better products they offer, not just a cheapo. No issues with the AM/FM reception. Good product, would recommend.

• 11 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm looking to do some after market tinting. I think I'm going to go with Tint A Car. They seem to be the most professional. I'm not sure which one I should go for - Midnight Express or Bolle.

They told me the Bolle was the best because its carbon based. He quoted me $400.

Do you guys have any experience with these two products.

Your help is appreciated.

I got the Midnight Express from Tint A Car. It's metallic no issues with it so far and the price was reasonable.

They say you'll loose some AM reception but I hardly listen to AM. Life time warranty also if I'm not wrong.

I got the Midnight Express from Tint A Car. It's metallic no issues with it so far and the price was reasonable.

They say you'll loose some AM reception but I hardly listen to AM. Life time warranty also if I'm not wrong.

Thanks Jomster,

It would be great if you could post some photos.

What is the main difference between Carbon and metallic tint? Is one better than the other?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I've also been talking to Brighton Toyota(VIC) and they are quoting the following:

Street Legal

80% Glare reduction (maximum glare reduction a darkest legal film could offer)

75% cabin temperature control

100% SPF and UV Rating

Patented scratch resistant coating-

UV Shield

57-60% Heat Rejection

60% Glare Reduction

Ultra Violet Reduction 99+%

UPF Rating 50+ (the highest UV protection you can get!)

Opti-View Film so its distortion free-

All for $495. not sure whether it justfies an extra $200 over the TintACar film.

What do you reckon guys?

I would recommend calling Protech Car Care and checking the price with them, they should have a competitive offer too. I did my "car care", including windows tint, leather protection and paint protection for just over a grand but mind you - out of that I think it was about $500 AUD only for the paint protection as I wanted the top product / service so the tint shouldn't be that expensive.