Hi Everyone,

I've just taken a few shots this afternoon after getting the new IS paint protected today. What do you guys think? :)

post-2370-1231316527_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1231316543_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1231316460_thumb.jpg

Hi JML,

Nice colour choice!!! I couldn't of chosen a nicer colour myself!!!HAHAHA

They have made a change with the alloys on the 09 model. I like!!! Nice ride JML!!! ;) Can't wait to see the gfx kit on!! Have you found a place to put it on for you, or are you going to do it yourself??

You should post your pics up in the Gallery section. Come on fellas, get some pics posted!!

Hey,

I get my IS 250 polished at Meguiars Seven Hills evey 6 mths. They are very good at what they do.

Hey Natroth,

Im due to get my car done and like Naz, my cars not black, but obviously not white either. I might give them a go!! Does anyone have a good detailer where i can get my stone chips fixed?? I do remember Art mentioning a place!!

JML, keep us all posted with the paint protection......I am curious to see how well it worked!!! You don't drive up or down the M2 by any chance do you??? You will really put your paint protection through its paces then!!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the compliments 

The car is currently going to get a Clear Bra installed tomorrow. I drove it to Artarmon straight away after the paint treatment, hoping that it will not rain. I’ll take some pics of it when I pick it up on Friday.

Naz, they use the Next Generation Tech Wax as well as clay sanding the paint. I also had them wash the car as it was parked underneath a tree for a whole day. It suffered from some bird droppings and when I removed it, the large portion of the dropping somehow got into the paint! But they managed to get rid of it when I pointed it out them. The cost is around $250 and as Natroth has mentioned, you can get it polished every 6 months. When I came back after 5 hours today, I couldn’t help but has this big smile which I couldn’t hide… at how clean and shiny the car looks 

Natroth, it was actually you who suggested this place during one of the forum threads sometime early last year. I have also gone into the meguiars website and I noticed that your car is in the promo pics and she looks great!! If you haven’t seen it, the url link is below.

http://www.meguiars.com.au/news_4.htm

ProjectIS, I was thinking of getting a pair of illuminated white scuff plates first and then maybe the gfx kit. But this all depends if the misses agrees to my request ;) As for the pics, I’ll post some more when I get the car back on Friday :)

As for driving on the M2, i rearly use that motorway. I'm around the innerwest and I tend to use the M4 more often. But I'll keep you posted to see how the paint protection is going. I mainly got it for the UV, Bird Droppings, tree sap etc... and to try to stop the stone chips, getting a clear bra installed.

Hi JML,

Nice colour choice!!! I couldn't of chosen a nicer colour myself!!!HAHAHA

They have made a change with the alloys on the 09 model. I like!!! Nice ride JML!!! ;) Can't wait to see the gfx kit on!! Have you found a place to put it on for you, or are you going to do it yourself??

You should post your pics up in the Gallery section. Come on fellas, get some pics posted!!

They looks alloys look identical to my 08 IS250 sports luxury 17" ones. I could be mistaken but im pretty sure they are exactly the same.

What are the specs on them from the original poster? Think mine are R17 225/45 and 245/45. 10 spoke - pain in the ass to keep clean

JML, what did you get quoted for the installation of the clear bra? Where are you getting it done at?

I have a black X and I contacted The Hills Detailing Centre (Meguiars Seven Hills) to get a price; they said that depending how bad the swirl marks are the cost will be between $350.00 - $450.00 for the first time and $90.00 for the next visit. Being only 3 months old there are only minor swirls, and while the initial cost is quite pricey, I think it will be worth it for the long term maintenance.

The Hills Detailing Centre

Unit 12 /45 Powers Road

Seven Hills NSW 2147

Ph 02 9620 9110

Hey, it looks gr8. Is there anywhere closer to the Inner West (than Seven Hills) that does this sort of paint protection / clear bra work?

From the Meguair's website, it seems that there is another detailing centre in 112 - 126 Broadway Sydney. Next to Broadway Shopping.

http://www.meguiars.com.au/news_1.htm

I had the Clear Bra done at OziCozi Stone Guard at Artarmon.

They looks alloys look identical to my 08 IS250 sports luxury 17" ones. I could be mistaken but im pretty sure they are exactly the same.

What are the specs on them from the original poster? Think mine are R17 225/45 and 245/45. 10 spoke - pain in the ass to keep clean

Yes, the new 09 model rims (Front R17 225/45 and Rear R17 245/45) are quite similar to the 08 except the rims has a slightly more rounded finish. Personally I kinda like the 08 17" rims instead.

JML, what did you get quoted for the installation of the clear bra? Where are you getting it done at?

I have a black X and I contacted The Hills Detailing Centre (Meguiars Seven Hills) to get a price; they said that depending how bad the swirl marks are the cost will be between $350.00 - $450.00 for the first time and $90.00 for the next visit. Being only 3 months old there are only minor swirls, and while the initial cost is quite pricey, I think it will be worth it for the long term maintenance.

The Hills Detailing Centre

Unit 12 /45 Powers Road

Seven Hills NSW 2147

Ph 02 9620 9110

Hi FrankyX,

I got my Clear Bra installed by OziCozi Stone Guard. They are located in Artarmon and they did a fantastic job! :)

At first, I paid them a visit on Monday so I can see for myself as to how the clear bra would look like when it's on. Would you believe that when I arrived, there was a Sky Blue Ferrari (don’t know which model it is) but upon having a look at it, it really depends on the angle / lighting to see the very fine line as to where the clear bra ends. They even had a Porsche and Aston Martin! When I was waiting to pick up my IS, they just completed doing a Lamborghini (that was offsite work though).

The quote that I was given was $675 for the whole “Car – Full Kit”. This includes the both the Bumper and Bonnet Kits. They even did the door cups and the front Lexus Badge for me. I am very happy with the results and now it will help minimize potential stone chips.

Link to their website is… http://www.ozicozi.com.au/index.htm

Speak to Andrew or Chris. Both are very friendly and they know their stuff.

OziCozi Stone Guard

Unit 3, 2-6 Waltham Street

Artarmon NSW

02 8084 6879

I’ve taken two photos when I picked up the IS yesterday, but sorry that the pics don’t outline as to where the Clear Bra has been installed. You really have to see it in the flesh.

post-2370-1231581559_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1231581616_thumb.jpg