My last car I had a generic brand Hid.

On lexi I want to use something more quality, I used 6000K colour temp last time and loved the pure white colour it left on the road.

I would not go higher .Ideally for me would be 5000K -5500 but I have not seen them max light with a nice white colour.

So what are youre experiences.. :huh:

Can't go wrong. I have not looked back since installing my 6000k kit.

As for brands, I would more so go for who offers the best warranty. I got 2 years on mine, but i have seen some with lifetime warranty.

I got no brand HIDs... well, it's a brand, but I never heard of them before. Probably best to choose it based on warranty length. Mine are 6K, they have a slight blue tinge to it.

Hmmm, might as well be a good place to ask... has anyone installed HID's in their front fog lights? Been thinking about doing that, as it looks weird having two different colours on.

I don't mind the different colour fogs. It makes the HID stand out and look better. I think HID low beam & fogs might be too much. I changed to a 4300k halogen to the fogs and looks better than the standard halogens. Reccommend it!

DSCN42711.jpg

DSCN4268.jpg

Looking back, it was relatively easy. But being my first time it took me a while as I didn't want to stuff it up. I did a small write up a few months back on the install.

I went 6000k.

• 1 month later...

I've recently installed a Mtec kit purchased on eBay, and the installation was fairly easy. These are how the Mtec 6000K and 8000K HID bulbs look like on my car. I might attach some photos and write a short tutorial about the installation if anyone's interested.

post-3274-1257763256_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys I made a mistake in my previous post. These are how Mtec 6000K and 8000K bulbs look like, not 4300K and 6000K.

I've recently installed a Mtec kit purchased on eBay, and the installation was fairly easy. These are how the Mtec 4300K and 6000K HID bulbs look like on my car. I might attach some photos and write a short tutorial about the installation if anyone's interested.

If you ever free im sure a few of us would be interested on DIY install? Great pic on showing the difference.

i recently put in a 6000k kit from arco import (http://www.hidlighting.com.au/)

got the kit for $200 incl postage

installation was fairly simple, i was installing an air intake at the same time so there was plenty of room on the driver side, the passenger side was a tight squeeze

removing the plastic tubing for the windscreen water reservoir allowed for a bit more room

overall, the 6000k has a very slight tinge of blue, but i like it, if i ever have to change globe, will probably try 5000k so i dont get any blue

I wanted a High Intensity Discharge kit which is a very cool light and better visibility especially during night driving. I opted to go with the single beam HID kit too and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty so I got it here Sealed Beam Headlight Kits , or you can try one of the vendors. Also some of the forum sponsors selling Headlight Kits usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great system, and very easy to install.