Is 200 Manual Conversion?

Hi All

I am a newbie so shoot me if this question has been asked before :blink:

I have a stock 2000 IS 200 it is auto and i want to convert it to a manual. How much am I looking at to get this done and what parts would I need? Also does anyone know of contacts in Wellington New Zealand that are in the know and would be able to carry this owrk out at a reasonable price? Am also looking to put a turbo or SC in once the conversion is done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All

I have a stock 2000 IS 200 it is auto and i want to convert it to a manual. How much am I looking at to get this done and what parts would I need? Also does anyone know of contacts in Wellington New Zealand that are in the know and would be able to carry this owrk out at a reasonable price? Am also looking to put a turbo or SC in once the conversion is done.

Thanks

i am considering this myself, let me know what you find out please :) i saw a manual box going for 1200 pounds in the uk, would cost quite a bit to ship it hear. i think the supra box might be an option from what i have read.

Hi All

Thanks

i am considering this myself, let me know what you find out please :) i saw a manual box going for 1200 pounds in the uk, would cost quite a bit to ship it hear. i think the supra box might be an option from what i have read.

Yeah supra gear box seems the way to go. Are you in NZ aswell?

• 2 months later...

Sell your AS200 auto and buy an RS200 manual, can pick one up for 11k in NZ and you get the better engine and gear box,

For an idea of cost, someone i know in NZ got his 1G-FE AS200 converted from a 4AT to a manual and added a turbo, cost $10k and all he got was 150rwkw,

You are looking for a lot of hassle, so unless you are ultra attached to your car (as we all get eventually) your best bet is to sell and buy one thats already manual.

Cheap as chips where you are :P