New Rx-350 Questions

Hello.

New to the forums, but glad to see there's a 'support' group for newbie Lexus owners ;) Picked up an 07 RX-350, and definitely enjoying the ride so far :)

Three quick questions.

1. Uploading Phonebook - I'm having troubles uploading the phone book for some reason. Got BT working OK (although just another blurb here - but do people find that the BT sometimes doesn't pick up when you first enter the car, with you having to manually connect?) - but when I go into phone book and try to upload my contacts, I get 'BT disconnected' on my phone and nothing happens. Any advice on what I'm doing wrong? Phone is a Samsung 480.

2. Autolocking doors - I've read that this feature is available for the car, but how do I activate it?

3. Automatic boot - Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I cannot open the boot with the remote UNLESS all the doors are unlocked. Dealer mentioned that the boot button has to be pressed down for 3~5seconds. But I've found that when the car is locked, button won't work no matter how long you hold the button down for. You actually have the open the door, unlock all the doors and THEN press the button/open the boot manually. I take it I'm doing something wrong here?

Apologies for the silly questions, but I'm hoping to find some answers ;)

Cheers in advance.

3. Automatic boot - Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I cannot open the boot with the remote UNLESS all the doors are unlocked.

That is correct. The back door is counted as a 5th door so you need to unlock the car before it will open off the remote. You're doing it right.

1. Uploading Phonebook - I'm having troubles uploading the phone book for some reason. Got BT working OK (although just another blurb here - but do people find that the BT sometimes doesn't pick up when you first enter the car, with you having to manually connect?) - but when I go into phone book and try to upload my contacts, I get 'BT disconnected' on my phone and nothing happens. Any advice on what I'm doing wrong? Phone is a Samsung 480.

Soon as you press "Transfer Contacts" on the cars screen it will disconnect for phone calls ready to reconnect for data transfer.

You need to select "all contacts" probably in the advanced options under phone book in your phone.

Not all phones have the ability of sending all contacts but I know the Samsung F480 can.

Have another go at it & if after that you get stuck I can PM you my number and talk you thru it.

Thanks for all the quick replies. Will check with the dealer on a few of the issues.

Soon as you press "Transfer Contacts" on the cars screen it will disconnect for phone calls ready to reconnect for data transfer.

You need to select "all contacts" probably in the advanced options under phone book in your phone.

Not all phones have the ability of sending all contacts but I know the Samsung F480 can.

Have another go at it & if after that you get stuck I can PM you my number and talk you thru it.

I'll give that a go. Usually - you transfer while in BT mode. Guess it's a bit different with the Lexus. Thanks for that tidbit.

Just another question - how many Kms are you getting out of a full tank of petrol? Sydney metro here, and I'll be interested to see what consumption it runs at. Hoping to get at least 450~500kms from a full tank - am I being optimistic here?

• 11 months later...

We've had ours since October and the lowest km on trip guide says 12.6 l / 100km. Each time I fill up it takes 63 liters and cruising range says 508 km we bought ours in brisbane and and drove back to Sydney and got good km then I think 8.5 l/100km. But normal driving round is sometimes up to 14.6

We've had ours since October and the lowest km on trip guide says 12.6 l / 100km. Each time I fill up it takes 63 liters and cruising range says 508 km we bought ours in brisbane and and drove back to Sydney and got good km then I think 8.5 l/100km. But normal driving round is sometimes up to 14.6

regarding the tailgate,

mine operates exactly as you described. Takes 3 separate key presses! First to unlock drivers, then second to unlock all doors, and finally to release the tailgate!

bit annoying if you just want to put something in the boot.

Dealer wants to charge for any changes to the programming of the car

:(

Just another question - how many Kms are you getting out of a full tank of petrol? Sydney metro here, and I'll be interested to see what consumption it runs at. Hoping to get at least 450~500kms from a full tank - am I being optimistic here?

According to my fuel log, i'm averaging 13.86L/100kms city driving. 06 RX350

And my tailgate is same as yours, unlock first then remote open tailgate.

• 2 months later...

Also I have iphone4 Nd can't transfer contacts

i own an Iphone too and the best workaround was finding an old nokia phone with bluetooth(i had 4 of them abandoned in the garage closet), inserting the micro-sim card(using a sim adapter or just some scotch tape) and transferring the contacts book. Then just put the micro-sim back to the iphone and pair the device ;)