Hi,

I've finally decided to upgrade to the IS-F, thinking of the flame blue with cream interior. They have one on display in perth currently.

While getting my 1st service done on my IS250 (17012km) I had it valued, and they have offered $52000 for a tradein price to deposit on the

IS-F.

Does that sound like a appropriate/good deal?

I noticed in the car yard there was an exact 2008 IS250 SL with 35000km and they were trying to sell it for 62k (only difference is mine is silver

and that one was white)

Thanks for any advice

I paid $69990 with 32km on the clock as a second hand car - apparently it was bought by lexus australia and transported to motorshows (so they told me) in about aug 2008.

They quoted me 139k for the IS-F driveaway 2010 model with 3 yrs free service

I would say if i were in the market for a SL, and see your car, i'd buy it straightaway for 52K, silver is alot nice too.

I think that's a a good trade-in value, but you are paying the difference of $52-$139K. That's where i think is the make or break deal. If you got abit of cash to burn, i'd say go for it, but blue? how about black?

They quoted me 139k for the IS-F driveaway 2010 model with 3 yrs free service

Full RRP is $136k???? including on road

3 yrs free service:

This could be part of the corporate program.....I'm guessing you possibly work for one of the BRW's top 500 companies?

Hi,

I've finally decided to upgrade to the IS-F, thinking of the flame blue with cream interior. They have one on display in perth currently.

While getting my 1st service done on my IS250 (17012km) I had it valued, and they have offered $52000 for a tradein price to deposit on the

IS-F.

Does that sound like a appropriate/good deal?

I noticed in the car yard there was an exact 2008 IS250 SL with 35000km and they were trying to sell it for 62k (only difference is mine is silver

and that one was white)

Thanks for any advice

in the same situation as you and still deciding.

except i;ve got a prestige with enhancement pack so i take a bigger hit in resale. anyway, there is a massive price difference which is obvious but so you know, i've seen 1 go for 95K and another for very low 90's. both had less 20000kms on them! if you're happy go live with a preowned car than its a good way to cushion the blow and save yourself over 40k! which would almost buy you a golf gti as a daily driver! :-)

anyway, just a though. only thing is thats the only two ive seen under 100k in 8 months so you do have to wait to catch a bargain, and be prepared to get it transported in if its not local but still the saving is hard to ignore.

1 go for 95K and another for very low 90's. both had less 20000kms on them! if you're happy go live with a preowned car

There's a 2008 with 8,000km on carsales ATM for $110,000.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8342702&__sid=1262CCC2126C&__Qpb=true&Cr=2&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%204294965468%204294793141&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=3&silo=1011

Gotta remember to add RTA transfer fee & stamp duty on that would be $4,627.

For me, while I wouldn't pay $136k, I'd prefer to pay a bit extra(you may be suprised how little if you ask the right person) and get a

new 2010 with the Torsion LSD(I've tried both & it makes a difference), Update SatNav interface, USB input and most of all full 4 year warranty. Worth every cent.

1 go for 95K and another for very low 90's. both had less 20000kms on them! if you're happy go live with a preowned car

There's a 2008 with 8,000km on carsales ATM for $110,000.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8342702&__sid=1262CCC2126C&__Qpb=true&Cr=2&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%204294965468%204294793141&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=3&silo=1011

Gotta remember to add RTA transfer fee & stamp duty on that would be $4,627.

For me, while I wouldn't pay $136k, I'd prefer to pay a bit extra(you may be suprised how little if you ask the right person) and get a

new 2010 with the Torsion LSD(I've tried both & it makes a difference), Update SatNav interface, USB input and most of all full 4 year warranty. Worth every cent.

The quote is for the 2010 with tosion LSD. The 3 yrs service and price is apparently part of their promotion until march 31st. The sales exec told me they recently had a tariff drop on 2009 and 2010 models

and they are absorbing CTP, and dealer delivery this month. They have a demo graphite 2008 one with 20000km on it, and it would cost me more as he claims it is not subject to their promotion? I never know what to

believe when it comes to car salesmen.

The quote is for the 2010 with tosion LSD. The 3 yrs service and price is apparently part of their promotion until march 31st. The sales exec told me they recently had a tariff drop on 2009 and 2010 models

and they are absorbing CTP, and dealer delivery this month. They have a demo graphite 2008 one with 20000km on it, and it would cost me more as he claims it is not subject to their promotion? I never know what to

believe when it comes to car salesmen.

Financially, you would obviously be better of selling the car privately, but this can be a headache. From my experience, I would negotiate the best price assuming you have a trade, then use that price to negotiate with other dealers while you still sell your car privately.

It has worked for me in the past and I got a great result, it was a bit of work and frustrating, but worth it in the end.

Great choice; I love the Blue, but I would go the black interior (personal choice).

And I also agree, it is hard to believe what the sales people are saying. This is where research comes into play and getting as much info off as many dealers as you can and use it one against the other. It shows you know your stuff and they realise they can't screw you.

Good luck and would love to see the pics.

usually works this way aint it?

lower the tradein value they lower the new car price accodingly

if you get a good price on trade in theres usually not much movement on the new car price.

Hmmm, 52K for your 08 SL, I'd happily snap it up for that price. You can obviously get a better price if you sell it privately. I've never believed in trade ins anyway...

Pity about timing, I'll probably be upgrading to a newer IS in about 6 months time, would be happy to take it off you then hehe.

Hmmm, 52K for your 08 SL, I'd happily snap it up for that price. You can obviously get a better price if you sell it privately. I've never believed in trade ins anyway...

Pity about timing, I'll probably be upgrading to a newer IS in about 6 months time, would be happy to take it off you then hehe.

From redbook

Valuation Prices

* Private Price Guide $49,900 - $54,500

* Trade In Price Guide $43,000 - $47,600

* Average Km 20,000 - 35,000

Price Guide $79,000* Price Guide

It would be interesting to know if the tradein value they quoted changes with the car you are to buy. Means, if the dealer say $52K tradin FOR $139K ISF. Would it still be $52K if you were to get a say a 250C (which is say $90K).

From redbook

Valuation Prices

That's what redbook says, but then I'm looking on carsales and can't find those prices, not in wa at least... Eastern states cars are cheaper for some reason.

That's what redbook says, but then I'm looking on carsales and can't find those prices, not in wa at least... Eastern states cars are cheaper for some reason.

really? fair enough then. I know I wouldn't pay $52k for your car and think I got a good deal....but that's here in Vic. And don't worry about carsales....advertised prices and final selling prices are often '000s of dollars apart.

Getting $52k as a trade in sounds like an awesome deal to me, unless, of course, you could knock, for example, $10k+ off the price of the new car with no trade in!

From redbook

Valuation Prices

Yeah that tradein price is only if I get the IS-F, they are offering 5k less if I purchase an RX350 for my tradein.

hey,

well for me, we traded in our RX330 for $24000 which was ALOT more than expected (its a 2003 model with 113000km) for a trade in price

but they also gave us a discount of $4000 off the price of the IS250 we're getting (2007 IS250 Sport fully optioned) is $4000 off the price good? its my first car so i dont know, :S

so in all,

the IS250 was 51,000

then discounted to 47,000

then tradein RX330 for 24,000

so in all we are going to pay 23,000 for the IS250 Sport. (put in a $2000 deposit today)

we're picking the car up and paying the rest on monday

cant wait!!!