Regret that i should have got 4300k or regret that it's from xenonsupply?

I don't see the point of getting HIDs 4300K if the output is just brighter than my halogen. I chose 8000K cos i wanted a different output, not white if you know what i mean.

8000K is too blue. we all know how much i like my lighting mods as well..... lol

but i had them and had to change them back to 6000k. luxury car or not, police know no car comes with lights that blue out of the factory. u can tell they're not stock from a mile away!

i give you about a week driving around at night before u get defected!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regret that i should have got 4300k or regret that it's from xenonsupply?

I don't see the point of getting HIDs 4300K if the output is just brighter than my halogen. I chose 8000K cos i wanted a different output, not white if you know what i mean.

lol

you'll know what i mean when the time comes..

Xenonsupply

http://www.xenonsupp...l-products.html

8000K or 10000K?

Anyone got any opinions?

6000k are white / blue. Anything higher is very blue and you will most likely get defected.

6 k are really nice white.

evos and most oem cars run 4200K or around that mark

the higher you go the bluer and purple it gets

also it has *BLEEP* vision

stick with oem spec

Are you changing headlights or foglights?

I agree with Danny, just stick with the OEM 4300k...or if you want to sacrifice a bit of brightness for a slight blue tinge go 6000k - don't go any higher than that though.

Ive tried heaps of different globes over the years (halogen and hid) and found 6000 k to be nice colour and not sacrificing vision. (imo). I love it i think its great light.

Yeah I heard the 6000k ones are a bit less bright (not by a whole lot, but noticeable), but they definitely look great

6K look real nice together with LED parking lights

these are all the info BEFORE you bought them. There is also google not just this forum.

Chris besides your 20 August 2010 - 07:23 AM reply the rest are hardly what i called concrete views. I know the higher the K the more blue the effect, and the higher the K the less the bright...these are theory.

Cevu last reply is what i called concrete.

Yes i used google but i prefer those with real experience here in Oz.

Anyway, lets see what becomes, the bulbs can be changed.

Ps. I had PIAA bulbs in my previous car and from your chart, it looks like the 8000K effect. They are bluey but not that blue so..

Chris besides your 20 August 2010 - 07:23 AM reply the rest are hardly what i called concrete views. I know the higher the K the more blue the effect, and the higher the K the less the bright...these are theory.

Cevu last reply is what i called concrete.

Yes i used google but i prefer those with real experience here in Oz.

Anyway, lets see what becomes, the bulbs can be changed.

Ps. I had PIAA bulbs in my previous car and from your chart, it looks like the 8000K effect. They are bluey but not that blue so..

yeah good luck. i dont think you reserched as good as you did with your springs. sorry that the passive users didnt help you any more. cevu said the same as my 20 August 2010 - 07:23 AM reply.

anyway. good luck. hope it works out the way you want it.

ps. opinions shouldnt be used as concrete either i believe.

Cevu's answer was backed up with real live experience on his IS250 (this was what i was after), yours was somewhat based on theory (or from what you see on another car), unless you too had 8000K on your IS and came across the same experience as Cevu, then both replies are not the same.

The effect of 8000K can differ depend on brand or bulbs, and on the types eg H4 vs D4S. Can also vary car to car.

Don't take it wrongly, i'm not blaming anyone one bit, just that after i posted i had ordered the kit, people started being non passisve in their views. My immediate reply then was information only not an attack on anyone.

lol justin

im consistant with my view :D

stick with OEM hahaha

...as with me, i don't get sway by others, i have my own views and i don't sit on fences.

don't know about sticking with OEM when yah modding...

lol justin

im consistant with my view :D

stick with OEM hahaha

...as with me, i don't get sway by others, i have my own views and i don't sit on fences.

don't know about sticking with OEM when yah modding...

i'm not blaming anyone one bit, just that after i posted i had ordered the kit, people started being non passisve in their views. My immediate reply then was information only not an attack on anyone.

that is my reply to people being not being passive of their views

i just told you i am being passive with my view.

nothing about trying to sway you

you asked for opinions

you got them

if this is the way your gonna act up and get all defensive

forget it dude

i aint contributing one bit

Guys, I have to say that I just read through these posts and and all I can say is......... "entertaining"!!!!! I know you guys, and I know that you all will remember to keep this topic on the friendly tip!!!!! Very funny again!!! If I can put my 5cents in, 8k very blue Justin no matter the globe type or region!!! But like you said, just get new globes! Problem solved and no need to take it further!! What ballasts did u buy?? biggrin.gif

The standard kit from xenonsupply. I don't have a fat wallet so i just get entry level stuff. Rather save my money on other things.

Hey Justin,

No need for a fat wallet inorder to get good ,(reliable), HIDs! Most of the guys here bought from this local supplier and his kits are pretty damn good. Again, reliabilty is the key!!

I wasn't asking about the brand, I was enquiring along the lines of specs....... Its all good. I assume the guys there would of given you advice on matching the ballasts to the globes!!!

you dont need a fat wallet for HID. like. . . . ive got them lol

No you don't but i wasn't just referring to HIDs.

lol dude im just gonna have to say this lol

your *BLEEP*ed lol

where does stick to oem specs relate to fat wallet?

Im not personally attacking??? rofl get serious dude we can all sense your attacks

come on dude be consistant with your opinions and views

having your view is great same with mine

but when you ask for some one elese opinion and then not listening to them

whats the point?

Hmm have to think about when the HID arrived.

Xenonsupply HID 8000k ordered! :)

knowing u ur gonna regret it hard i recon

u knowing me, that you "recon" i'm gonna regret this $130 purchase hard? the only recon here is that i recon you don't really know me.

Hmm have to think about when the HID arrived.

Xenonsupply HID 8000k ordered! :)

knowing u ur gonna regret it hard i recon

u knowing me, that you "recon" i'm gonna regret this $130 purchase hard? the only recon here is that i recon you don't really know me.

yes knowing you

as you being a very fussy person and want everything perfect and safe

your going to regret it cuz!

8000 are very blue and provide really bad vision compared to oem spec?

does that clarify?

comeon man

do i really have to clarify everything? your taking offense and getting defensive over something that not even worth getting offended about

i was refering to the Specs of the damn HID

not the Price

man i used 70 dolla EBAY HID's on Is250 man

if i can ill try to save cost everywhere