• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds alright... what sorta things are we gonna cover?

I've been looking into automating the side mirrors upon turning the car off (like an SL) but it's proving trickier than I thought for now.

bring your stuff

coilovers

wheels etc

and we help each other putting them on

it's pretty much just a mini meet up

and just doing normal stuff lol

yeh nice

too bad i alrady put my intake on

i'll try to bring something to get installed if this goes ahead, maybe LED tail lights

i also wanna make the car unlock itself when i put it in Park

That one is easy k2sty1... it's in the manual somewhere. I did it on mine soon after I got it.

Hmm, it's easy on a 2009 model. Not sure if it's a dealer thing for earlier models or not. Can't hurt to try it tho.

oh really?

nice, i'll go have a look at it

the lights would be easy, just that it'll be more fun putting it on together, lol

That one is easy k2sty1... it's in the manual somewhere. I did it on mine soon after I got it.

Hmm, it's easy on a 2009 model. Not sure if it's a dealer thing for earlier models or not. Can't hurt to try it tho.

It definitely DIY on late model IS250's. Whether it's possible on earlier models is debated here:

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8152&st=0

... although we now have confirmation from k2sty1 that it's DIY on his '07 model.

Sounds alright... what sorta things are we gonna cover?

I've been looking into automating the side mirrors upon turning the car off (like an SL) but it's proving trickier than I thought for now.

Atlantis, I would think you need a circuit similar to the interior dome light but with a capacitor and relay to have enough power to fold the mirror inwards when there's no ignition.

It definitely DIY on late model IS250's. Whether it's possible on earlier models is debated here:

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8152&st=0

... although we now have confirmation from k2sty1 that it's DIY on his '07 model.

its definatly possible on the older model, well it worked on my 07 Sport, just followed wt it said in the manual

start the car in ignition mode (press start button twice without brake pedal depressed) then leave the car in Park

now just hold the door unlock button on the driver side door for about 4seconds nd release it, when u relesse, all the doors will lock then unlock

now its limked so they unlock when i shift into Park

bbut to make then LOCK when u shift OUT of Park, instead of holding the unlock button, hold the lock button

hows that

due to ideas being tossed around

what do you guys think..

whos up for it

I'll come along...hopefully my coils will have arrived by then, if not, always happy to help other guys with their cars.

Let us know how the mirrors go as well!