Caliper Paint And Decal Service Provider?

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to get my stock front and rear brake calipers painted gloss black and styled with the "Silver Lexus Logo" on my IS250 Sports Luxury. This is definitely a much cheaper option then to upgrade to the ISF Brake Set or F-Sport brake set (which could cost up to about $8k) and plus still make the styling of your car look sportier.

Does anyone know of any places on the Gold Coast or Brisbane that provides this service?? Has anyone done this before and how much would you expect to pay? I have looked at doing this myself however would rather pay someone else to do it properly as it just looks like too much mucking around.

Any info you could provide would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to get my stock front and rear brake calipers painted gloss black and styled with the "Silver Lexus Logo" on my IS250 Sports Luxury. This is definitely a much cheaper option then to upgrade to the ISF Brake Set or F-Sport brake set (which could cost up to about $8k) and plus still make the styling of your car look sportier.

Does anyone know of any places on the Gold Coast or Brisbane that provides this service?? Has anyone done this before and how much would you expect to pay? I have looked at doing this myself however would rather pay someone else to do it properly as it just looks like too much mucking around.

Cheers,

Mike

easy to diy and like ilvs said, decals off ebay. obvioulsy not as good as th shops but good enough! plus for the cost you can't complain. 15 for decals and about 60 or so for caliper paint and you're set.

oh, plus some time! :-D

gonna be doing this maybe next week

black paint with white LEXUS decals

also ordered a sticker from ebay saying

"warning:

smoking only permitted in this vehicle if:

1) you shout the driver a durry

2) ash out the window

3) never use the car ashtray"

should be good for a couple of laughs then i'll take it off, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Mike

easy to diy and like ilvs said, decals off ebay. obvioulsy not as good as th shops but good enough! plus for the cost you can't complain. 15 for decals and about 60 or so for caliper paint and you're set.

oh, plus some time! :-D

Thanks for all the input guys! I have decided to try and give it a go myself and have ordered the caliper paint and also the decals off ebay! I will post up some pics of the results once I have completed this.

Cheers

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys! Caliper painting and Decal project all completed now on my IS250 Sports Luxury. I bought gloss black caliper paint (in a can - not spray) from the UK through eBay and had also bought Vinyl Silver Lexus Decals to go on the front calipers. The entire project took me about 6 hours all together which also included drying time.

It was quite a simple project however you do spend the majority of time preparing and cleaning the calipers - I used a wire brush, sandpaper, engine degreaser and also an air compressor to completely blast all the capliers of brake dust and other particles. The painting process was very simple however I did find it quite figity at times trying to paint various parts of the caliper to get right (as I didn't take the calipers off for painting). I applied two coats of paint and overall I am very happy with the results!

I know its hard to see in the pic but have a look and let me know what you think. It certainly adds an added sporty dynamic to the IS without having to shell out big $$ for the upgraded Big Brake Set.

Mike

post-3868-070828600 1288560779_thumb.jpg

Nice work mike.

How do you find the potenza tires for noise. Are they quite? And also did you get them put on if so how much were they.

Thanks

Chris

I had re050 potenza on my sti lib, they are quite noisy and wear pretty quick, they retail for around 400-500 each but just hunt around u might be able to get it around 400 mark for the 225 grip in dry is phenomenal

Hey Chris! Thanks for the comment on the calipers mate - I'm really happy with the results! I had a guy with a ISF recently eyeing my car off in traffic - haha although I was eyeing his car off too and very envious!!

The Potenza tires are pretty good however can get quite noisy depending on the road surfaces you are travelling on (especially compared to the stock 17" Sports Luxury Wheels I previously had). I run Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 225/40R19 in the fronts and 255/35R19 in the rear with my 19" ISF rims. The wheels are filled with Nitrogen which I find really reduces tyre wear dramatically and in my opinion is definitely worth the extra cost (apparently nitrogen keeps the wheels at a lower temp which reduces tyre wear)! I'm up to 40500KM's now on these tyres and the tread is still going great with about 85-90% tread left. With these bigger tyres it definitely takes alot more acceleration (at the start) to get the car going however they are super sticky and you can definitely whip the car around corners at speed with no fear of losing traction. Plus the bigger staggered wheels give the car alot more aggressive stance - however the only downside is that you do lose the super smooth ride quality of the previous 17" wheels - as you have so far less rubber now that you do unfortunately feel more of the lumps and bumps on the roads.

I bought these 19" ISF rims/wheels directly from the USA for $5K AUD landed and was able to sell my stock 17" for $2k - so the change over cost for me was $3k for the upgrade which is acceptable. I've just gotten the wheels quoted recently from Bridgestone and they have quoted the RE050A Potenza - $640 each tyre for the fronts and $840 each for the rears. But as the Aussie $$ is so good at the moment, I may even look to import these Potenza tyres directly from the USA.

I've seen them for as cheap as $400-500 USD for two tyres. Even if you add import duty and shipping you still getting an awesome deal compared to buying locally!

Nice work mike.

How do you find the potenza tires for noise. Are they quite? And also did you get them put on if so how much were they.

Thanks

Chris

gonna be doing this maybe next week

black paint with white LEXUS decals

also ordered a sticker from ebay saying

"warning:

smoking only permitted in this vehicle if:

1) you shout the driver a durry

2) ash out the window

3) never use the car ashtray"

should be good for a couple of laughs then i'll take it off, lol

haha that sounds MAAAD bro. Have you got a link?? I wanna get it like now!