If you've got a good importer contact, then you can easily get some second hand units from Japan/Yahoo. Was trolling today & found quite a few. Still won't be cheap (just cheaper). I think you would need a flasher unit too.

Personally, I'll just do a HID conversion & leave it at that. DRL's do look nice, but not unique these days. I see so many old Lancers & Commo's with LED conversions, they've been *BLEEP*ized in my eyes :(

Having said that, if a cheaper good quality alternative was made, I would consider it.

Say MR2QIK do you have a link to one on yahoo japan? I did a search earlier but ended up with heaps of related items to the IS250 but no used lights. If I could type japanese I guess it'd be easier :S

I came across it after searching "IS250". Part of my aftermarket trawling exercise :blink: Nearly 200 odd pages to go through. Even more fun is the fact they're advertised individually (so you have to find both sides).

Japanese word for headlight/lamp is - ヘッドライト

Unfortunately, the newer DRL lights I saw didn't come up under an IS250 + above search (so the add must use different headlight terminology).

Happy hunting.

• 2 months later...

Looks fantastic STORMIS. Did you get them from the US?

For me the biggest upgrade comes from the fact the lights have black housings and cancel out out the massive orange reflector, in addition the DRL strip tightening up the headlight (they almost look too big without it), it just updates the whole front of the car.

Looks fantastic STORMIS. Did you get them from the US?

For me the biggest upgrade comes from the fact the lights have black housings and cancel out out the massive orange reflector, in addition the DRL strip tightening up the headlight (they almost look too big without it), it just updates the whole front of the car.

Thanks! yes i got them shipped from the US, took 1 week and i was lucky to get them fairly cheap,

And i agree the lights really do upgrade the front end, even with the LED off it still looks clean.

The blacked out housing adds aesthetics to the vehicle too.

-Nice ISF too btw!!!

Thanks mate.

Easy to fit and wire up?

How did you go with the US spec lights dip-wise?

Yeah its pretty easy to wire up as its the same headlight plug, just had to transfer bulbs : indicator, HID and highbeam for both headlights and i had to buy the rear covers (i went to dealership and they directed me to lexus parts store down the road from them) and i needed to trim the headlight bracket slightly on the bottom for the plug to fit.

This is the D.I.Y which helped me alot when installing the headlights : http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/631474-diy-2012my-led-headlight-installation-how-to.html

also i had to buy this plug http://is.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/acc/IS250-2011/5597.html , which i got from the lexus parts place

and for the LED wiring, wires need to be re-pinned (takes about 10 mins and is easy).

as for the projector cutoffs/dip i didn't realign them as i dont think its necessary, i may do in the future but i see Mercedes and Chrysler which have hid's that hurts your eyes when driving. :)

• 11 months later...

Has anyone in Melbourne installed driving lights on a 2010 IS250? Does it interfere with the Active Cornering feature in any way?

Would love to get them installed but the DIY option is a bit out of my league!! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes, yes it does.

Active Cornering isn't in the new DRL headlights, so once you've connected them, you'll get an AFS signal flashing on your dash.

There's 2 ways to get around this from what I know:

1 - Get black tape, and tape it over the flashing light on the dash

2 - Get 2 AFS motors, and plug them in separately to trick the system that your headlights have AFS.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Alex - that rules out the upgrade then - don't want to lose Active Cornering !!

nice.. they really are the best visual upgrade imo.. + nice price also!

Just Put mine in a week ago, got a SET for $650 shipped.

They really do Upgrade the whole front end of the vehicle.