Melbourne To Adelaide And Back Over Christmas

Blacky

Well the ISF is well and truely run in now, drove to Adelaide and back form Christmas.

Trip was relatively uneventful except a couple of things;

1. Bloody Local councils need to workout how to stop stones flying up from their lawn mowing in the middle of nowhere! first stone chip in passenger door :angry:

2. Locusts don't add much to the paint quality :rolleyes:

3. Developed a couple of rattles :angry:

4. Return trip Fuel average was 9.6 Litre / 100 km, a little disappointing but maybe the engine is still a little tight.

As I say all good though, comfy 7.5 hour trip each way.

That's what I keep dreading the most. Rattles.

When I purchased an is200 on 2000, I had rattles which Lexus did fix but after 3-4 mths of bringing back to the dealer.

I had trouble free rattles when I then purchased an rx330.

Now when I take delivery of the isf in feb I am worried that I'll get some rattles. Hopefully I'll be lucky and everything will be smooth sailing.

Btw. Do you really need to wear in the isf engine. I get conflicting points of view saying you dont need to break in the engine. Others say vary your rpm until 100km.

Confused now.

Well the ISF is well and truely run in now, drove to Adelaide and back form Christmas.

1. Bloody Local councils need to workout how to stop stones flying up from their lawn mowing in the middle of nowhere! first stone chip in passenger door :angry:

4. Return trip Fuel average was 9.6 Litre / 100 km, a little disappointing but maybe the engine is still a little tight.

Hey mate , Glad to hear your trip went well, I bought my car from Melbourne and drove to Sydney , so I know bout stonechips. (not happy Jan )

Lexus has Revised dash clips which they fitted to mine...all good now.!!

On My return trip from Melbourne, i averaged around the 8.9 litre /100 kms.. so im guessing ur engine was a touch tight ,

What fuel was you using .?

Richie

Hey mate , Glad to hear your trip went well, I bought my car from Melbourne and drove to Sydney , so I know bout stonechips. (not happy Jan )

Lexus has Revised dash clips which they fitted to mine...all good now.!!

On My return trip from Melbourne, i averaged around the 8.9 litre /100 kms.. so im guessing ur engine was a touch tight ,

What fuel was you using .?

Richie

Hey Richie

Caltex 95 and 98 where possible.

In regards to running in, the dealer said no but if you read the manual it does recommended a sort of run in period. That is not to run at the same RPM for an extended period, nice to find that after driving 750 km at the same Speed most of the way <_<

Lesson learnt, don't always trust the dealer.

Nice drive to run it in Blacky.

I took mine up to Tweed heads a few months ago via Buckets/Thunderbolts way Grafton Lismore. Great roads in parts but pretty bumpy in others. Needless to say the ISF got a hiding and I was pleasantly surprised how rattle/squeak free it was and how stiff it felt. Fuel consumption was well into the teens though :rolleyes:

Plenty of bugs but I had the ozi cozi film fitted and they washed straight off and no stone chips. Recommend the stuff as the large front end prone to chips.

Also came across local council lawn mowing , result chip in the windscreen :angry:

More I drive it more I think the ISF is a great all round performance car , as do EVO, see last months comparision with C63 and new Audi RS5.

Drop the kids at school , then head off to Eastern creek for the day , pick them up in the afternoon. Not many cars can do that. :D

Hey dogmatic

Yeh those F$(ken mowers they need to put a leash on them, the windscreen is a dog.

I think I read that review on the M3, C63, RS5 and the ISF got a bit if a licking but they thought it was a lot of fun. However I think the biggest problem with the Overseas comparison is price, the ISF was more expensive than the M3 and C63 which is obviously not the case locally in OZ.

Anyhow the ISF is at the car park now while we are in QLD so back to it next week for some nice driving in country Vic for the remander of the holidays :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Blacky

Got my ISF last September from Chatswood, also did a trip in Dec to Gold Coast and back - averaged 8.9 l//100km one way and 9.3 l/100km return (odo on ± 6000km) but was going faster on the return trip as was after double demerits.

We should organise a run or a day at Eastern Creek some time

Hi Blacky

Got my ISF last September from Chatswood, also did a trip in Dec to Gold Coast and back - averaged 8.9 l//100km one way and 9.3 l/100km return (odo on ± 6000km) but was going faster on the return trip as was after double demerits.

We should organise a run or a day at Eastern Creek some time

Hey malibu

That is better than what I got.

I am in Melb not Sydney, sorry.