Not happy!!!

Damn I hate my parking spot in town!!

It was only a matter of time and unfortunately it happened today!!! Sorry QQQ, U did so well not to gutter mark the wheels, and I did my rear in less than a month. And I did it real good too.(Almost half way around)!! Bloody CBD basement parking!!!

Anyway the reason for the post is that I got a mobile wheel repair guy coming around on Wednesday and he's suppose to be pretty good. He spins the wheel up on the car then clear coats it when finished. He's about $160 a wheel!!!

I will let y'all know if his any good because im sure that im not the only one that has a crappy CBD park!!

No disrespect Q, I was "not happy" when I scratched this wheel, Man I would of been P#$ed if it were the $1000 a pop "Work VS1's" that I want to get!! I think that I might have to look @ getting a new parking spot before then!!!

my wheeels are gone in the front...

the tyres have little egg spots..

time for new wheels i guess

It's the worst damn sound in the world....plus you then feel like kicking yourself repeatedly in the head. I did mine recently, purposely didn't look at it afterwards, then MUCH later checked it out. It was far better than I thought (a pleasant surprise for once!). Then I point it out to a good friend, and he says "that looks terrible...you DEFINITELY need to fix that"! Doh!

yeap and it's all because of a bloody pothole

bloody sydney roads they are so bad

Mine was a kerb. I can't blame the kerb, it was definitely driver error.

But agree on Sydney roads...especially after same rain. Potholes just seem to spring up.

Tell ya what, definately agree with it being a shocking sound.I was not happy to put it nicely!! Unfortunately, when I heard the sound, I was at the point of no return. Damage was done and dusted. Even though the wheels are a temporary thing, I am a perfectionist and it ate away at me everytime I looked at it!!

Anyway, the mobile repair dude came today and polished out the gutter "GRIND"!!! He clear coated it when he had finished...He charged $150.00 for the wheel. I was that impressed, I got him to remove the gutter mark from the front that QQQ had done!! $80.00 for that one.

So for $230.00, my wheels are near perfect.

Im all good again!!!

Guys, I definately recommend the work if anyone needs to get theirs repaired. PM me if ya want his details!! ;)

$230 for 2 wheels? not bad. That's gutter mark is done by my ms hahaha. first time drove my car and hit the gutter, now she preferred drive my ML than my IS :)

btw, ProjectIS, I drove 185kms / hour last weekend....feel so good :)

$230 for 2 wheels? not bad. That's gutter mark is done by my ms hahaha. first time drove my car and hit the gutter, now she preferred drive my ML than my IS :)

btw, ProjectIS, I drove 185kms / hour last weekend....feel so good :)

Well thats what I thought!! and they now look practically new!!!

I haven't had a chance to do a top speed run as yet... Where abouts...?Local???

I will need to do a trip soon I think!!!

Are we still on for the cruise guys.??? Summer is approaching!!! ( But me ride hasn't got its drop yet)!!! Anyone made a decision on springs yet?? HMmmmm??

Certain family members have guttered 3 of my rims :|

As it is on the edge of the lip its not noticable unless u look closely!

I dont think im gonna bother fixing them for a while though.

QQQ 185km/h? Hardly feels like your doing it huh? Do you have any idea what the speed limiter is at?

I did the first burnout in the IS and i feel a little bad, but it was definitely fun.

Hopefully no one flames me for doing one. Some people are very against it in nice cars.

QQQ 185km/h? Hardly feels like your doing it huh? Do you have any idea what the speed limiter is at?

I did the first burnout in the IS and i feel a little bad, but it was definitely fun.

Hopefully no one flames me for doing one. Some people are very against it in nice cars.

Hey,

I've got the alum lip as well and I tell you what, I did experiment with rubbing it back first with some "wet and dry" . If you patient and go through the grades, you will get a good result. You could barely see where I polished it out. I did about 5" worth.......buuutt....... I scratched pretty much half way around the wheel and I thought it was just easier to pay someone to do it!! Plus he clear coated it as well. Like I said, stuff like that eats away @ me so I had to get it fixed or buy new wheels!!

Does anyone know if your rims are just lightly scratched. Are there any products / kits out there which you could possibly do yourself.

I understand if it's deep gutter marks probably need a professional to do it but what about light ones?

Does anyone know if your rims are just lightly scratched. Are there any products / kits out there which you could possibly do yourself.

I understand if it's deep gutter marks probably need a professional to do it but what about light ones?

Hey Jomster,

I guess the key with any gutter type mark is to take your time!!

Like I said in my last post, I went through the grades of "wet & dry" sand paper and U could barely see where I had polished it. If I had followed up with a pumice or a liquid abrasive, guaranteed it would of been virtually perfect!! And yes, it was a deep gutter scrape! Are yours polished aluminum or painted?? Look, I watched the guy and he worked with the same principal but utilised an air grinder/buffer to get it out! Only difference near the end, he clear coated the polished area with an air brush!!

If you got the time, give it ago, remember the "wet & dry" and keep it bulk wet and utilise the really fine one if U not sure!! and also go in the direction on the wheel. Finish off with a pumice compound or if U don't have that, "Brasso" will do the trick as it too is mildly abrasive!!

No time, or just scared, get the dude out!!!

Hope that helps!!

Now if they are painted..................well.........!!!!

Hey Niick,

Thought U would appreciate this clip after that comment!! Check out the IS-F Vs BM! Take note on how average the effort was from the Beema!!

I wonder If this will be Art on Sunday when he test drives the IS-F!!I bet it will be the first round about that he finds in Parra!!

oooo baby hahaha. i likey.

If only it was affordable, for me anyway!

My old man wanted to get the is250 traded in for the ISF but its just too expensive.

He wants the 09 Camaro if it gets released here, if not a 6ltr HSV. :D

edit. oh and ps. For those of you wanting that drifting action in the IS250. Its quite possible! Straight after the 1st service with traction and stability off the is250 wheelspins like crazy. I can also tell you that both wheels spin on the spot hahaha, and thats with 275 tyres!

oooo baby hahaha. i likey.

If only it was affordable, for me anyway!

My old man wanted to get the is250 traded in for the ISF but its just too expensive.

He wants the 09 Camaro if it gets released here, if not a 6ltr HSV. :D

edit. oh and ps. For those of you wanting that drifting action in the IS250. Its quite possible! Straight after the 1st service with traction and stability off the is250 wheelspins like crazy. I can also tell you that both wheels spin on the spot hahaha, and thats with 275 tyres!

Niiiiiiiiiiicccceee!!

Was yours in the wet??? We are talk'n down town Melbourne after all!! HAHAHAHH :D

Like ya ol' mans style!! Definately the clubby is alot fun, but............................... U cant go passed the IS- F!! Just tell him that its an investiment!! We talk'n 25% depreciation come tax time, ya can't go wrong!!! Just think of the fun!!! Oh yeh, Camaro is damn nice too!! Stang?? Mmmmm Just as nice as long as we're talkn big blocks!! ;)

nah nah in the dry. i gotta get some videos next time i go on a cruise.

the old man has a 1968 firebird convertible. which he completely stripped.

He is swapping for my daily which is a '06 VZ ex cop.

Swapping it with no box, motor, panels, interior, roof etc.

He was planning on doing a big build but changed his mind and is going to go for sumthing new.

Im trying to convince him into the IS-F but he still doesn't think its as raw as the other v8's mentioned.

I think im going to have to show him a few youtube vids and organise a test drive to change his mind!!

• 1 year later...

I guess mine must be painted alloys - after 18 months I finally rubbed a gutter today. I guess it had to happen some time. I rubbed away the rough bit with wet and dry but there seems to be a black layer under the silver finish. They are stock wheels for the 250X.

No real damage now - just an ugly black mark on the surface of the wheel which I need to get rid of. May have to pay someone to do it.

ProjectIS can you send me the contact details for the guy that did yours?

I guess mine must be painted alloys - after 18 months I finally rubbed a gutter today. I guess it had to happen some time. I rubbed away the rough bit with wet and dry but there seems to be a black layer under the silver finish. They are stock wheels for the 250X.

No real damage now - just an ugly black mark on the surface of the wheel which I need to get rid of. May have to pay someone to do it.

I recently grazed my rear wheel on a gutter. I got it fixed by United Wheel Techs - 0425 305 590 (Say Curran's Auburn referred you for special pricing) they came out to my place and fixed it then and there for a reasonable price and they did an excellent job.

I recently grazed my rear wheel on a gutter. I got it fixed by United Wheel Techs - 0425 305 590 (Say Curran's Auburn referred you for special pricing) they came out to my place and fixed it then and there for a reasonable price and they did an excellent job.

Care to share before/after photos (if you have them?) and the $ damage?

Care to share before/after photos (if you have them?) and the $ damage?

Damage was $150 for a 5 to 10 cm scrape along the wheel lip. It wasn't a lot but I knew it was there and wanted it fixed.

Another repairer who shall remain nameless wanted over $300 and wanted the wheel dropped off and they would paint the whole wheel. These guys just paint the bit they repair.

I was told by a rim repair place in Pennant Hills that repairing gutter marks weakens the rim (More susceptible to buckles) They lathe back the rim to the deepest point where the rash marks are and fill it up to match the other rims.

You'll probably get the cosmetic finish as expected.

I admit, I appreciate the guys honesty and that he wasn't just looking for business. Need more honest tradies in this country.