Hiya,

Am wondering if I can leave it til the car is serviced late next month? I'm only using the car once a week at most these days.

Opinions?

Anyone can guesstimate what percentage of the recalled cars will have the loose fuel pressure sensor?

Cheers

As a guide to the probability of having the problem: Although 4844 IS250s are being recalled in Australia alone, only one vehicle was identified in Australia with the problem prior to the recall.

As a guide to the consequence: If you do have the problem then, at worst, you will have lower fuel economy. A spokesperson for Toyota was quoted as saying that there no risk of the fuel igniting. '"It’s not near any source of ignition," she said. "You need quite a bit of fuel and you need an ignition source (for the fuel to light)."'

Yeah I got the letter today also - On the letters it says it's takes about 3 hrs to complete.

Luckily I've already booked my servicing before I got the letter - Might ring them again to fit this recall rectification in also.

Thanks for the info LN. Will ring them up and see what they say too.

As a guide to the probability of having the problem: Although 4844 IS250s are being recalled in Australia alone, only one vehicle was identified in Australia with the problem prior to the recall.

As a guide to the consequence: If you do have the problem then, at worst, you will have lower fuel economy. A spokesperson for Toyota was quoted as saying that there no risk of the fuel igniting. '"It's not near any source of ignition," she said. "You need quite a bit of fuel and you need an ignition source (for the fuel to light)."'

• 1 month later...

As a guide to the consequence: If you do have the problem then, at worst, you will have lower fuel economy. A spokesperson for Toyota was quoted as saying that there no risk of the fuel igniting. '"It's not near any source of ignition," she said. "You need quite a bit of fuel and you need an ignition source (for the fuel to light)."'

My Fuel economy is running at 12.8l/100KM.....

I'm the second owner as of recently, so never received the recall notice..

thats pretty damn high. for a 250

Can someone post the details of the recall

Does the car still have to be in warranty?

I'm the second owner so do I simply call lexus & book it in

depends on your year model of your car

it doesnt matter if your car is 2nd hand or not

it's usually 100K kms or 4 years which ever is first

though if it's a recall regardless of still being under warranty they will fix it if your car is affected

thats pretty damn high. for a 250

Indeed!

Unless they live in an area wth steep hills, and often plant their foot down for the heck of it.

I get 9-10L per 100 and down to 6.5 on long freeway trips. Hilly country and a heavy foot might account for the difference :)

hm..i live in the hills area and i get around 13.1

and thats with a ISF

in my 250 i used to get around 9.8-10.1 you should get yours checked out man

Yep I think I will... I only bought the car last week.. whats the deal with taking it to a lexus dealership? I think its still under warranty...

Will be interesting to canvass those coming to the meet on saturday and see what they all get...

hm.. well

genearl rule

since the first day of origianl purchase by the first owner u get 48 months or 100K kms

if its stil with in that period ur still in your warranty period

yeah coming to the meet is a good thing

come and check out others rides and share your knowledge

there alot of benefits

I've got a car that's 15 years old which just had a recall. Obviously that's MILES out of warranty. It was a fuel block. I'm guessing that was considered a safety issue...that might have made a difference.

Just got my car back from Lexus of Perth after it went through this recall - was running around 9.7 before so will be interesting to see if there's any difference after. I did notice how shiny the car was on return though - it's the small touches but the complimentary choccies and a clean car inside and out really does make a difference!