Warning For Is350 Owner Wanting To Install Sway Bars

I got my sway set over 3 weeks ago from the state, finally find time tonight to put it up the hoist and have it install. Unfortunately the rear didn't fit...

Front one is on and fitted well

IMG_00391.jpg

IMG_00411.jpg

IMG_00421.jpg

IMG_00541.jpg

Rear one is not so good...

IMG_00451.jpg

IMG_00471.jpg

IMG_00481.jpg

IMG_00511.jpg

IMG_00531.jpg

Basically the bars are different, the one on the IS350 has a bent on it to cater for the spare wheel housing, the one shipped in the kit doesn't.

Not sure if Lexus sent me the wrong part or our IS350 is different to their, guess I will find out from them shortly <_<

Either way it is going to be a pain to sent the bar back regardless what the outcome is :(

If you are getting your rear bar from the US, make sure they don't look like mine and has a bent on it before getting them sent over. Hope this will help someone

Were they ordered for the correct year model?

There are 2 different product codes for the sway bar kit for different year models.

Yes, basically there are pre 08 version and 08-11 version. I have the 08-11 version but obviously the US IS350 uses the straight bar. Either they don't have a full size spare wheel at the back or their rear is longer??

Look like I need to cope with the bar because even if they are willing to take it back, the shipping will make it not worth while.

Does anyone here installed rear sway on their AUS IS250 and have a pics of it?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/443831-f-sport-sway-bar-problem.html

Problem was discovered a little while ago. Looks like the floorpan of our boots is different the US chassis.

Not very nice at all. You now own a fancy blue paper weight :( Very sorry to hear it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/443831-f-sport-sway-bar-problem.html

Problem was discovered a little while ago. Looks like the floorpan of our boots is different the US chassis.

Not very nice at all. You now own a fancy blue paper weight :( Very sorry to hear it.

Great find! I actually saw it this morning...but that was too late...

Yeah, fancy paper weight or I can use it to replace my wooden bloom stick...

Look like I will be getting the JUN...

Thanks for looking

• 4 months later...

Bought and installed CUSCO rear sway bar, they matched the F-Sport front beautifully. Same 19mm as the F-Sport rear bar but with the pocket that go around our bigger spare wheel bay.

If you want rear sway bar for your Australian spec ISx50, this is the bar to get. The difference compare to stock bar are very noticeable, steering is more responsive, car push harder in corner with confident and most body roll are gone.

Highly recommended.

DSCF4959.jpg

DSCF4961.jpg

DSCF4963.jpg

if i dont mind you asking

how much did you pay for it

and where did you get it from??

Haha, I thought you would asked, I will PM you the details. They are much more than the F-Sport bars being CUSCO...my recommendation is to buy the rear only since this is one of the only 2 choices we have (other one is JUN-TW if you can find one), either leave the front sway stock or buy F-Sport/others.

• 2 weeks later...

just got an email from lexus miami. they only sell: a set or rear only.

NO FRONT !

oh crap, how am I going to get the front ? I check cucso, they only sell rear only. wat a crap :angry:

oh crap, how am I going to get the front ? I check cucso, they only sell rear only. wat a crap :angry:

CUSCO do make the front bar (model no: 199 311 A30), if you are asking the same place I sent you for CUSCO, they can get them.

CUSCO do make the front bar (model no: 199 311 A30), if you are asking the same place I sent you for CUSCO, they can get them.

Just place an order for the REAR one. since its only minor benefit for the front, i decide to go with REAR first. and see how it goes.

Order Total AU $ 334.47 for the rear one. from nengun.com japan

cheers

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Bought and installed CUSCO rear sway bar, they matched the F-Sport front beautifully. Same 19mm as the F-Sport rear bar but with the pocket that go around our bigger spare wheel bay.

If you want rear sway bar for your Australian spec ISx50, this is the bar to get. The difference compare to stock bar are very noticeable, steering is more responsive, car push harder in corner with confident and most body roll are gone.

Highly recommended.

DSCF4959.jpg

DSCF4961.jpg

DSCF4963.jpg

hihi,

where can I get this bar. I just buy the F-sport and rear one is not fit.. :angry::angry::angry::angry: lost a lot money.......