HKS SSM Exhaust

kyo

Gents,

Quick shout out to the F Club, recently upgraded from IS250 to ISF, my re-intro post here.

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/14014-hello-old-friends-from-is250-to-isf/

Anyone here in Sydney running the HKS SSM (Super Sound Master) or PPE Dual Mode exhaust?

Can I come over for a quick sound check?

Drive Safe

William

I have a hks ssm on my isf, will upload some clips tonight if youd like? im running ppe headers, custom straight through mid section to the hks ssm. It has quite a loud raspy sound casually driving and on decel and is quite vocal on wot lol 

On 18/10/2017 at 11:45 PM, kyo said:

Gents,

Quick shout out to the F Club, recently upgraded from IS250 to ISF, my re-intro post here.

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/14014-hello-old-friends-from-is250-to-isf/

Anyone here in Sydney running the HKS SSM (Super Sound Master) or PPE Dual Mode exhaust?

Can I come over for a quick sound check?

Drive Safe

William

hey bro i’m running hks exhaust want to buy headers but haven’t heard one with them but the exhaust is crackers mobil1 &bp ultimate leave little boys in mercy waiting for roadside lol 

9 hours ago, 18ADF said:

I have a hks ssm on my isf, will upload some clips tonight if youd like? im running ppe headers, custom straight through mid section to the hks ssm. It has quite a loud raspy sound casually driving and on decel and is quite vocal on wot lol 

hey bro where you located would love to hear it with headers mines got hks cat back needs headers ppe &section & tune 

14 hours ago, bluec63killa said:

hey bro where you located would love to hear it with headers mines got hks cat back needs headers ppe &section & tune 

There is an active PPE header group buy post here on the forum, you better ask there, might be able to pickup one from someone who's backing out.

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/13917-ppe-header-group-buy/

23 hours ago, 18ADF said:

Hi, you have the exact setup I'm trying to put on. Can you upload a sound clip if not too much trouble?

I already have the PPE headers and combo with JoeZ is just too droney for me.

Thanks to Chris of Lexus Chatswood, I got to hear this setup (PPE + Stock Midpipe + HKS SSM) in person today on a white MY14 ISF (Alcantara Interior). The weld & craftsmanship on the HKS SSM is just amazing. And you are right that the sound is raspy when rev in parked, but great tone under load. I think it's a good medium between the stock and catless setup, especially with PPE headers.

I'll be looking to buy HKS SSM and sell my JoeZ.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, GaijinISF said:

Currently have PPE Headers and getting a custom catback being made as we speak.

Will get some videos once she's done

IMG_0287.jpg

Catless?  Thats my dilema when my PPE Headers arrive.  Some say hardly smells, others say the smell will almost knock you out lol.  About an extra 800-1k to fit some based on the few places ive called around :-(

Looks good though :-)

4 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Catless?  Thats my dilema when my PPE Headers arrive.  Some say hardly smells, others say the smell will almost knock you out lol.  About an extra 800-1k to fit some based on the few places ive called around :-(

Looks good though :-)

Bro - don’t bother. Little smell on start up and when you leave car, but when stoped at lights etc - windows down, can’t smell it 

Depends on your situation mate, really personal choice. Can't beat the sound of a straight pipe catless exhaust roaring on track.

I use my F for school run and prefer sunroof tilted when driving, so I'm getting a HKS SSM with stock midpipe as an intermediate option.  

Just now, Vaku said:

HKS SSM with stock mid will only disappoint you.. its ... quieter then stock imo..

Even with PPE header? I understand the stock midpipe will restrict the flow.

Interim Setup: PPE + Stock Midpipe + HKS SSM (I heard this setup in person at Chatswood Lexus, pretty good)

Future Setup: PPE + HKS Midpipe / Custom Mid + HKS SSM.

honestly I thought the SSM was quieter then OEM the only time I noticed it was a little louder was high RPM but .. yeah, not much.

PPE will sound amazing regardless!

Yup, I placed an ordered for one via Import Monster, the cheapest I can find but still cost a lot for an axle back.

Boys, we need to have an ISF meet-up to compare our mods and sounds.

Where is our friend Danny? Let's organize a EOY Lexus meetup.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:44 PM, 18ADF said:

Ppe, custom mid and hks ssm at full noise

730D658F-7949-4AF1-B3B5-1CDF5E69068E.mp4

Sounds good to me, that's same setup I'm going for.

How much would a custom midpipe for this application cost?

There is a US shop selling a new (old stock) HKS midpipe for $945 USD, too much for me.

https://www.theboombopshop.com/HKS-SSM-IS-F-08-10-p/33004-bt001.htm

Import Monster just told me the SSM has arrived their office in Japan, but the next container shipment to Australia will be in Jan next year :(

6 hours ago, kyo said:

Sounds good to me, that's same setup I'm going for.

How much would a custom midpipe for this application cost?

There is a US shop selling a new (old stock) HKS midpipe for $945 USD, too much for me.

https://www.theboombopshop.com/HKS-SSM-IS-F-08-10-p/33004-bt001.htm

Import Monster just told me the SSM has arrived their office in Japan, but the next container shipment to Australia will be in Jan next year :(

As far as I know it has been a discontinued item for a very long time,  my mid section was about $900 as there wasn’t much to it.

2C3949C0-9773-4441-A3DD-02EA9C7250AA.jpeg