Hi All,

Went down to the lexus dealer today to have a look at used is250 and ended up buying one.

bought a 06 prestige with EMV package. 58Ks Lexus certified with 2 yrs factory warranty.

Traded in my E60, although people are still asking me why i did that. All i can say is I am trying out something new, never had a lexus before.

Was wondering what I should look out for when I pick the car up? what are the common faults in an is250.

Also a few questions:

- Thinking of upgrading the halogens to HIDs, does the car detects the change and send out a bulb warning like the BMW?

Can I just buy a random ebay H11 HID kit or would i need something with a warning canceller? What about the T10 parkers and side puddle lights? (*in the bmw every single LED has to have a resistor-error canceller)

- What sort of a price is the map upgrade? or if i do manage to "find" one lying around how easy is the upgrade?

I heard people having their dvd stuck in the system.

Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to having fun in this forum.

The map CD is easy to replace, instructions are in the manual, they even supply the tools in the toolkit.

The cd itself will cost you $325 for v17, the latest. I bought an older v15 of eBay for $60 as for my area that included the major road changes.

You have bought a great car, I am sure you will enjoy it. Lexus dealerships are really helpful, they will give you assistance if you ask.

The map CD is easy to replace, instructions are in the manual, they even supply the tools in the toolkit.

The cd itself will cost you $325 for v17, the latest. I bought an older v15 of eBay for $60 as for my area that included the major road changes.

You have bought a great car, I am sure you will enjoy it. Lexus dealerships are really helpful, they will give you assistance if you ask.

Thanks mate.

Anyone who knows about the HID? if the is250 would need special/specific version of the HID or would the normal ones you get off ebay work too? resistors on the LED parkers and LED puddle lights if i want to change them?

Thanks mate.

Anyone who knows about the HID? if the is250 would need special/specific version of the HID or would the normal ones you get off ebay work too? resistors on the LED parkers and LED puddle lights if i want to change them?

any h11 kit is fine. no errors on dash like euro cars. same with puddle lights and parkers. you can led the whole car without a problem. japanese cars are not a pain to mod like euro cars.

Thanks mate.

any h11 kit is fine. no errors on dash like euro cars. same with puddle lights and parkers. you can led the whole car without a problem. japanese cars are not a pain to mod like euro cars.

Thanks mate.

but i saw in another thread that there are issues with installing LED tail lights that needs a resistor, apparently his VSC light came on. That got me wondering if the car is like a euro car that needs cancellers.

most LED lights now days come with the resistors

if you get the factory ISF LED lights you wont have a problem

or a LED harness and run the Ebay LED lights

some have got away with out it

some have had the VSC light on

it's not a hard car to mod

Oh, one more question. has anyone notice that there is a transparent sticker on the display beside your automatic gear lever (PRNDS)? Can that be peeled off? Want to make sure before doing it since mine would be a 5 yr old car which still has the sticker on so there is a chance that it might stuck tightly to the plastic.