I have picked up my first lexus on the weekend!!!!!

IS250 F Sport, I am so happy and excited to own the lexus.

Anybody has recommendation on what kind of tint or which tint companies to use?

Also, the car is metallic black....should I do anything to the paint while it is still brand new?? I park outdoor a lot...

Thanks

YES!

get the car immediately treated by meguiars at Seven Hills to gtee a mirror finish and protection from the elements. Thereafter, every 6mths get a top up polish and wash with meguiars carwash in between. No swirl marks and a deep wet look to your paint........

With hindsight. i would have also put 3m film on the bonnet, cheaper than fixing paint chips especially on a black car. See here http://www.ozicozi.com.au/surfacetech/

The 3M film looks amazing, I will look into it. Thanks for the recommendation.

YES!

get the car immediately treated by meguiars at Seven Hills to gtee a mirror finish and protection from the elements. Thereafter, every 6mths get a top up polish and wash with meguiars carwash in between. No swirl marks and a deep wet look to your paint........

With hindsight. i would have also put 3m film on the bonnet, cheaper than fixing paint chips especially on a black car. See here http://www.ozicozi.com.au/surfacetech/

3m fil is good

but if you wanna get the whole car done it cost around 3-4K i was told

post pics u[ of your new ride when you can mate

and make sure you come to the next ALOC official meet

I am waiting to wash the car and take some photos this weekend, can't wait!!!

For the mean time, anybody has any recommendation on tinting. Wintint said they are contractor for Lexus of Sutherland, are they any good???

3m fil is good

3m fil is good

I've had it done and am very very happy with it.. With the driving I've done, my last car on the same routes and distance was sandblasted to all hell

the lex - no marks

the only pain is that if you dont keep it clean you see a line across the bonnet, but this can be solved by paying extra to get the whole bonnet done instead of the leading edge (1/4)

i paid 795 for the leading edge of the bonnet, front guards, full front bumper, rear bumper lip where it meets the boot lid, door cups and rear vision mirror fronts

i had it done by universal shield in brookvale, good mob, they do the mini cup cars etc but ive heard ozicozi do a lot of high end stuff, might be worth checkign them out

I think I will do the stonegaurd protection along with paint protection. How about those beautiful leather interior? Do they need interior protection at the beginning or normal regular care will do the job?

post-5226-0-11008100-1309946820_thumb.jp

I've been using Maguires Leather Polish and it's quite brilliant - in fact, all their products are exceptionally good - expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Gotta love that black shine, DGR8!

Lexus recommends a 5% wool detergent applied at least twice yearly (see Owners Manual), but it doesn't say you can't use a purpose-designed leather cleaner. IMHO, while a wool detergent solution is the most affordable option, the process is complicated: You have to wipe it three times - not two - and allow the interior to air afterwards. And which wool detergent is best? Will my new car smell be replaced with a freshly-cleaned wooly jumper smell? And (in your case), is using a water-based solution really a good idea with semi aniline leather? So ...

I've been using Maguires Leather Polish and it's quite brilliant - in fact, all their products are exceptionally good - expensive, but you get what you pay for.

+1 for the Meguiars leather care. I use the gel formula, which "leaves no white residue".

I have decided to go for the stoneguard. Looking at Ozicozi or Universal. Should I get the car wax first before applying the stoneguard??

Also ilv1004s, where about your friend who do tinting locate? Or would he come to me instead? Thanks for all the advices guys, really excited.

I have decided to go for the stoneguard. Looking at Ozicozi or Universal. Should I get the car wax first before applying the stoneguard??

I would hold off on wax on the areas to be filmed. Silicon waxes/products can cause the film not to stick properly.

The guy applying the film clean/strip the area of wax anyway before applying it.

Are there any products you guys use to protect the alloy wheels?? Can I use the normal paint wax to apply to the alloy wheels?

I use Meguiars All Metal Polysh. It supposedly contains synthetic polymers to "shield out moisture and contaminants", and can also be used on the IS' chrome trim.

Forum member Howiefied recommends Auto Glym wheel sealant, which appears to make brake dust easier to remove (brake dust is a significant annoyance with the OEM brakes).

I use Meguiars All Metal Polysh. It supposedly contains synthetic polymers to "shield out moisture and contaminants", and can also be used on the IS' chrome trim.

Forum member Howiefied recommends Auto Glym wheel sealant, which appears to make brake dust easier to remove (brake dust is a significant annoyance with the OEM brakes).

I only trust Meguiars products on my cars. Never been disappointed + they smell nice :P

I've tried alot of products to get rid of the OEM brake dust and nothing comes close than to replace the pads themselves!

My wheels only got dirty about a month compared to what I was getting 1-2 days of city driving on the OEMs pad and disc.

I only trust Meguiars products on my cars. Never been disappointed + they smell nice :P

I've tried alot of products to get rid of the OEM brake dust and nothing comes close than to replace the pads themselves!

My wheels only got dirty about a month compared to what I was getting 1-2 days of city driving on the OEMs pad and disc.

Ive heard they now make dust free pads!! on some new lexus' i believe its classed as a defect. not sure of the full story tho.

My wheel is powdecoated I think...would all metal polish works???

Wow, that is new to me, dustless pad...how much would they be??

Also, ilv1004s and lex51s, your are are nice!! Not saying other people cars are not nice, I just haven;t got time to browse through all the topic yet but I will!!!

Ive heard they now make dust free pads!! on some new lexus' i believe its classed as a defect. not sure of the full story tho.

You heard right.. I have them on mine. There was a recall in the USA for anyone annoyed enough with dusty wheels to get the new dust-free version of the pads.

I imported a few sets a couple of months back and they worked out around $127 a set for the fronts.

I don't even see dust on the wheels after 2-3 months without a wash. Worth every cent!

My wheel is powdecoated I think...would all metal polish works???

Meguiars have three types of wheel polish. NXT Generation All Metal Polysh is the least harmful one and is reportedly suitable for all types of wheels.