I have a 2008 IS250 with just over 40K on the clock. I took my car in for a service today and they told me I had to replace the rotor disc already! It sounds like every time I change my pads I will have to change my rotor disc at $840 a pop.........Not Happy!

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?????

Doesn't sound quite right - had my front rotors replaced for the first time at 75k. by my Lexus dealership for $580 for memory (which included a 'mini' brake service (flushed/replaced fluid, cleaned brake sets, readjusted park brake, checked pads etc.)) Im going to get my rear rotors replaced at 90k.

I also had to replace mine at 40K, for front only i think lexus wanted about $1000, aftermarket brake place wanted $550, i ended up buying rda aftermarket rotors and pads for about $240 and did it myself,happy days. Mine is also an 08 model and the rotors are the same as current model camry.

I have never understood why some manufacturers use soft disks and hard pads. Our other car is a 100 series landcruiser, 100k on the clock no pads or disks needed yet at all. The car before that, a TF magna, 130k before only pads needed.