Touch Screen Died. Anyone Have A Dvd Navi For Sale?

Hi, My 2006 IS250's DVD/NAV touch screen died.

Everything else in the unit is working.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem.

If not, does anyone have either the screen or the whole unit for sale?

Kind Regards,

Bob

Gday,

I found someone on ebay from hongkong that was selling the touch screen for $320 delivered.

Installed it yesterday and its working fine! The touch screen was exactly same as geniune made in japan.

Lucky i didn't need to get a whole new unit! :)

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem for my 2007 IS250. Can't seem to press anything on the screen however the buttons are still working fine (Audio, Info etc).

Called up Lexus Indooroopilly and they said I have two options, either bring the car in and have the unit removied and sent down to Melbourne to have it looked at (couldn't advise if there is a fee for sending it down); or have the entire unit replaced for about $2k!

The girl in Servicing I was speaking to said she hasn't come across this issue in the 5 years she's worked there. However only recently (past few weeks) there's been a few cases and said it might be due to the weather!?

I just had that very same issue with my 08 IS250. Touchscreen suddenly failed. Given my IS250 was less than a year out of warranty, I made a complaint (had to go all the way up the chain to head office). They eventually obliged to replace the faulty screen, but I had to pay the $165 labour charge. I know I/we are not the first to encounter this problem.

Honestly helped that my Dad was in the process of buying an IS350 though. Gave a bit of extra leverage. Hope the screen that's there now lasts longer.

Recommend making a complaint to Lexus. Certainly worth a try. Even non luxury makes like Honda are reasonable & repair such faults, so Lexus really should be flexible & do so too. Go straight to the top. Your local Service Centre can make the request, but there's nothing quite like an upset customer on the phone.

About the weather/heat comment, I can believe that. My Dad had been driving the IS250 for a few months prior to the failure & parking the car outside under the hot sun all day. Another reason to garage/cover your car.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up. They told me it would cost $200 or so for freight to send the unit down just to have it looked at. I tried to get it waived but they wouldn't budge.

Requested to speak to the Group Service Manager but he wasn't available so still waiting on a call back (that was 2 weeks ago). Been a bit busy lately so haven't followed up and have had to put up with not being able to use the screen.

Had a mate look into it briefly and found this link. Not sure if it will fix the problem.. http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/610678-frozen-navigation-screen-fix-diy.html

Anyway, I've recorded and uploaded a short video of this issue which I thought I'd share with you.

Yeah, that's the exact same issue I had. Was frustrating especially since I rely on navigation when attending offsite meetings. Another option would be to leave a civil comment/complaint on their FB page if you can't get through to Lexus directly. Call 1800 023 009 first & see how you go.

Apologies if this is a really silly suggestion, have you tried disconnecting the battery and forcing a restart? It looks like some screen functions are working so may be software related.

Maybe worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...