Hey finally decided on getting a set of rims.

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/typef_1516171819.asp

I am after 18" Flat black ones, however am unsure on what offset to get for both the rear and the front?

Also will these fit with the is350 brakes on the car?

How do i find this info out for myself as to maybe not post things like this in future that may have been posted alread?

I do search but is there any other sites or forumns i should be on?

thanks for any help provided

Fanel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on the front difference between ISF and IS but here is someone with a similar set.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/554126-pics-of-new-wheels-ssr-material-inside.html

Unless youa re looking to go super agressive the general rule is try to stay with a similar ET to standard.

Brake clearance I do not think will be an issue but may be worth search elsewhere to see if anyone has one an IS350 for clarity.

Love the wheels.

Where are you thinking of purchasing from?

nice, thanks for the link.

No not super agressive, I would like to go some forged deep dish but a tad on the expensive side for me so.

Ok well I'll try and find someone who is running a similar set-up

I know they are great!

I'm looking around at the moment, but thinking of using import monster, used them quite regularly for my aristo and mates use them for their supra's and skyline's. Haven't had a problem yet so

jesse streeter is a guy in japan who deals direct with the manufacturers. He's really good, and he profits from a small cut in the prices.

Is much much cheaper then going to jdmyard and crap like that. Only thing is that warranty is very sketchy, but then again.... if you buy japanese, you expect quality. I've never had anything japanese fail on me.

Good choice in wheels btw, I love SSR's! That and Advan RS-D. Look much better than my volks.

Yes they look quite nice, but they just aren't the same lol. They only seem a little bit cheaper but once you factor in shipping then I dont think they will work out much cheaper.

Ah ok then, What do you mean by very sketchy? Yes I know thats why i like japanese parts.

Thanks, I love the Advan Racing RS-D aswell, I was thinking of gettins something with a nice deep dish but decided against it

Anyway I will drop jesse a line and see how we go

So the info I have got, I am looking at the following specs

Front: 18x8 with +38 Offset

Rear: 18x9 with +40 Offset

can anyone see a problem with these specs fitting over the IS 350 brakes??

Found this on the IS 350 specs

- Front brake rotor size: 334x30 mm

- Rear brake rotor size: 310x18 mm

Sorry, i meant sketchy for jesse streeter cause he isn't a local dealer, and can't really give you warranty on anything.

You shouldn't have any problems with fitting those specs over the brakes considering what the stock specs are. But if you can, go wider mate :)

Ah ok that makes more sense.

Hmm well how much wider can I go? The car will be lowered with the tanabe coilovers so??

I'm not the most informed on this, don't fully understand the offets and everything like that

Well first off, don't bother going with 8 at the front. that's the stock width and very weak. minimum 8.5 :)

I don't think you want too aggressive, so you can go with 8.5 and 9.5 in the low +30 offsets.

If you want a bit off poke then 8.5 9.5 and low +20 offsets, or 9 and 10 with low +30 offsets.

Ah ok so to small than? Got it 8.5 minimum :)

Hmm ok then. Hmmm which of these would you recommend?

I think the 9 and 10 sounds good

As stated, I will be running the tanabe coilovers and the IS 350 brakes, so trying to

get everything researched so as to not buy something that wont fit :)

thanks for all your help

9 and 10 is awesome.

Everytime i see Terrrrrrrry's car i feel ashamed cause he's balling on 10's at the rear.

Just a thing, you might need to get your rear guard rolled to the fender to clear wider wheels. And with the stated specs above, you want to run 225 front and 255 rear or less tyres.

If you are going to get nice wheels like that, you got to run nice offset :)

@334mm

Ok 9 and 10 it is :)

Haha I'm sure you can organise yours to be 10.

Ah ok, well I'll look into that aswell, Ok then got it.

Ok then

Thanks

@Atlantis

Wow, that big and no problems, is your car lowered but? Yes I am starting to see that its all about the offset.

@mrbbqwer

Unsure at this time, but now that I decided on the offset, will fire off some emails and get some quotes. Will keep you updated

Thanks for your imput with those wheels of ebay

Those wheels looks sexy. I dont normally do mods to the car, unless it is for engine performance.

been thinking all night, and after some calculation 19 wheels + tyres = minimum $5000

Should I consider the wheels? I have set my project for C63 in 2 years time.

@Atlantis

Well if you can lower it two inches on 20" then I'll be fine with 18".

@mrbbqwer

They are dead sexy, I have pretty much decided they will be mine. Ah ok then, 5k you think? Well the quote I recieved from jesse streeter was 2,495 shipped to brisbane

still waiting to hear back from import monster just to compare. Jeez what tyres are you putting on them? 888's :)

Hmm 18" or 19"

Well what would you prefer more?

19"!!!

18's are nice, but if your gonna be spending the money, it would be worth getting the 19's for the look

but if your more worried about ride quality then 18's, but definatley 19's for the SEXINESS

and those remind be heaps of the Volk CE28N's

i might get these for my car (not the IS250) or im thinking knock off TE37's (ROTA maybe?)

@Atlantis

Well if you can lower it two inches on 20" then I'll be fine with 18".

@mrbbqwer

They are dead sexy, I have pretty much decided they will be mine. Ah ok then, 5k you think? Well the quote I recieved from jesse streeter was 2,495 shipped to brisbane

still waiting to hear back from import monster just to compare. Jeez what tyres are you putting on them? 888's :)

Hmm 18" or 19"

Well what would you prefer more?

$2495 shipped to brisbane ? ehmmm Dont forget Duty + 10% GST. ( zero fee if you can dodge the custom, but i dont think so )

I would say 19" , good tyres at least $1300 from tirerack USA.

+ local installation. pretty much near 5K

@k2sty1

Ok 19's it is then!

Fair point, it is going to be a fair amouunt of coin spent on them, might aswell go all out.

I can handle the ride being not as good, who can say no to SEXINESS

Nice, well they are an awesome set of wheels so go for it.

@mrbbqwer

this is the quote from jesse streeter

If shipped by Sea Post (shipping time 6-9 weeks)

Rough Total in JPY: ¥185,890

Rough TOTAL in AUD: $2,495 *depending on exchange rate.

Rough costs on that would be something like this...

Cost of item ¥146,660

Ship item to me ¥0

Bank fee to pay seller ¥630

My commission ¥10,200

Shipping to Aus, Europe or US via Sea Post assuming 11.0 kg x4 ¥28,400

* (I could be off with the weight but what ever it costs to send Ill

pass on to you)

I havent forgotten the extra fee's, yeah I don't think so either.

Well I have a mate who works at the local Jax so tyres can be easy to get as a group of us usually buy in bulk for the drags/burnouts.

Again installation, cost me a carton of beer so 50 bucks :)

Hmm I didnt think of that, I will do that. Thanks, what a great idea

Yeah fair point. Makes things easier

Oh and old man works for star track express so can organise free if not heavily discounted freight for me!!

Emailed the ebay seller and he has the following rims:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SSR-TYPE-F-WHEELS-NISSAN-Z34-370Z-FAIRLADY-19X9-5-22-F-19X10-5-15-R-FB-/290622417539?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43aa722a83

they are:

19x9.5 +22 and 19x10.5 +15

The asking price is 3,080 plus 95 postage.

Is it worth it?

If I am going with 19" then I can only choose from the following

19x9.5 +22 or +30 or +38

19x10.5 +15 or +22

thoughts everyone?