Isf Discontinued.

Pantelis K

Hello all, i dont know if this has been discussed yet but there has been word that the ISF will be discontinued. Has anyone else heard about this? If this is so then it is very disappointing.

Hi, from what i know , the new isf will be out in 2014 but maybe with a v6 twin turbo putting out similar kws

Hi, from what i know , the new isf will be out in 2014 but maybe with a v6 twin turbo putting out similar kws

are you sure about this?

whats your source?

I can only speculate but the next one might be out in 2015, if you follow last-gen's cycle.

I don't want the ISF to have anything but a V8, that bassy bellow is what gives the F its character.

The new IS350 F-Sport looks quite capable and I think they have really worked on the handling. Give them a couple of years to drop in the 2UR-GSE or equivalent, put Brembos, tune the suspension and interior, and we have a new M3 killer! One point of interest, the IS350 F-Sport already has the 8 speed gearbox that is in the current ISF.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/25/2014-lexus-is350-f-sport-first-drive-review/

• 1 month later...

hi sorry ilv1004 taken me so long to respond ,been away

google lexus isf v8 2014 there is an story there saying ,that there are rumors the v8 might be dropped

2016 eh. I was planning to switch over in 2015, looks like I might keep the car an extra year then. Bang for buck wise, there's nothing else that matches the IS F's performance, reliability, looks and build quality.

• 3 weeks later...

Rumours about ditching a the V8 abound, because we don't know how Lexus will meet Euro emissions standards with a V8.

If, indeed, the next Lexus coupe contains a V8, how do you suppose the question of Euro emissions standards will be resolved?

(I suppose they could offer two engine options, with one offered especially for the EU market.)

Doubt they would bother, they killed off the IS220D in Europe so why do an F which is a extremely minor seller.

I'm surprised they even sell it here, sales per year would be only in the dozens at best. Then again, doubling the price for a car 10% faster than the IS350 is hardly going to be seen as good value. If Lexus AU priced it at twice the US RRP like they do the IS250, 350, RX350 and so on instead of 3x they might sell a few more.

Doubt they would bother, they killed off the IS220D in Europe so why do an F which is a extremely minor seller.

I'm surprised they even sell it here, sales per year would be only in the dozens at best. Then again, doubling the price for a car 10% faster than the IS350 is hardly going to be seen as good value. If Lexus AU priced it at twice the US RRP like they do the IS250, 350, RX350 and so on instead of 3x they might sell a few more.

its all about the direction they are headed

prime example LFA why would they make it

As i mentioned before

Lexus is going with a new heading of direction of Sports luxury

they want to shake the image of the lexus being a oldies car

10% faster? yes maybe in a straight line

Cornering/Brakes/Transmission/behviour is nothing like a IS350

Why would BMW make a M3 and sell it along side the 335I and charge another 320 price on top?

The IS350 will never be able to come close to a ISF in all aspects

reason for the 220d's death was the emissions and the *BLEEP*ty quality of the 220'd engine

its been killed off but look what we have now

IS300h

Lexus has chosen the Hybrid power is the way to go instead of diesel

oh and 1 more point to add about the price

it aint lexus

its the cost of bringing imported cars to australia

and the LCT alot of factors

in reality the ISF should be around the 80-90K AUD range

but the tax just kills it