Track Day At Wakefield Tomorrow Anyone?

ISFBloke

G'day,

I have been invited for a fun day at Wakefield park tomorrow. Does anyone care to join? I am on the north shore we could cruise together and have fun on the track.

I will be taking it easy not pushing the car very hard just to have some fun that's all.

It would be nice to see some other F on the track.

Cheers

well got home in one piece. Had loads of fun. My tires were not really suitable and this was my first time on a track with this car so I had to learn how it handles but it is sweet as.

The first session was all over the place second was OK. In third session I passed everyone. There was one Lotus giving me a hard time but could not catch me.

The card handles very well throttle management seems key and found that it's better to turn sport mode off to be able to smoothly power out of corners.

Brakes were excellent no fade at all.

Tires were quiet bad though they overheated after a few laps and grip was significantly less hence lots of sliding.

Funny first no one noticed the car but after the first session they gathered around:)

Video was taken on 2nd session 3rd one was much smoother.

It was a great experience I will do it again but with better tires.

here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUOQtJzl4c&feature=youtube_gdata

apologies for the long beginning it was intended for friends only.

Its good to see you had a good time. What tyres are you running?? I assume the LEXUS reliability kept up its end of the bargain. Im waiting to see if there is one here in Adelaide soon.

Yes car help up brilliantly as expected. Tyres were Falkens but they are absolutely not suitable for track driving they overheat quick and lose traction easy. I guess you get what you pay for. The sidewalls on the tyres are week under stress which others have commented and I can confirm.

One thing though. After the first session when I fired up the engine a large amount of smoke came out the exhaust which I have seen on this car before once on Top Gear as well when they first tested it on track. IS that normal? No smoke later just once.

Im not sure but i wouldn't worry too much unless it was constant. As far as tyres go i have the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They have been recommended a fair bit on the forums here. I have ordered 2 Toyo's 888 semi slicks 18" for the rear tyres for the 1/4 mile day on the 7th July. I have never run semi slicks and am curious how much better they are.

From what i have heard about 10,000 kms. I am only planning to use the 18" rears only for the race day for the better take off. Other than that i will probably use the Michelins on a daily basis.

I'm at 29k on my Pilot SS, 245/35 and 265/30, there's around 5-7k let in them.

Expensive, but I only got 20K out of the OEM Bridgestone and the Pilot is a far superior tyre IMO.

What is the largest width tyre you can fit without rolling the fenders on the factory 19" rims? I would like to go wider when i renew them and from what i have read in the forums most people agree that the Michelin Pilot SS are better than the Bridgestone.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just got a new tyre setup today. Michelin Pilot + sport cup on the front and Toyo R888 on the back. So far only tried them on the street but I never felt anything like it. The grip is mind blowing it won't even chirp the tires at full tilt in second gear. Amazing setup. I had a guy work out the perfect size and setup for my car highly recommended.

Well I just got a new tyre setup today. Michelin Pilot + sport cup on the front and Toyo R888 on the back. So far only tried them on the street but I never felt anything like it. The grip is mind blowing it won't even chirp the tires at full tilt in second gear. Amazing setup. I had a guy work out the perfect size and setup for my car highly recommended.

What size did you go for and can I ask how much they were?

Is that a new Tyre, Michelin Pilot + sport cup?

ISFBLOKE i have just changed my rear Michelin Pilot super sports 255 35 (which still have over 60% wear left) and put on the Dunlop Direzza 275/30 on the rear. I must admit once warmed up i hardly get any wheel spin at the lights at full acceleration compared with the Michelin's which would lose a lot of traction. I have also purchased a set of 18x8 ex GS rims with a 45 offset and have put 2x 245/40 Micky Thompson ET Streets specifically for the 1/4 mile drags next Sunday. I am hoping to run a better time than when i previously had the Michelins.

I almost went with the Toyo R888 for the back of my car but was concerned with normal road use how many KMs i would get, but i would like more feedback as you go with them. I may get them next for the rear.

What size did you go for and can I ask how much they were?

Is that a new Tyre, Michelin Pilot + sport cup?

245/35/19 front and 265/30/19 rear. yes it is the new Michelin. The whole set cost $1380.00 I feel it was a good deal. I am expecting around 10K out of them with a couple of track days. I will update this thread as we go. Can't wait to test them out on the track next week once the rain stops.