Front Brakes Disc And Pads Replacement

Hi, I sourced the front slotted DBA T2's from ebay (MRT) and then rang them for the rears. I sourced the Remsa pads from Chatswood Brake and Clutch.

Update: just had my brakes installed today, and to me, there is no discernible difference between the Bendix General CT pads and the OEM brake pads. I certainly did not have any of the issues described by Bowen Yong.

For the guys that have install EBC red stuff pads, are you able to tell me the model/part number of the pads please?

I just need to confirm before purchasing

Thanks

Edit: I have part number DP31589C is this correct?

Update: just had my brakes installed today, and to me, there is no discernible difference between the Bendix General CT pads and the OEM brake pads. I certainly did not have any of the issues described by Bowen Yong.

Update on my GCT, ummm well after about 500KM of using pads, i think its working better now, about 90% similar to OEM pads i suppose. I guess i owe bendix an apology for the bad mouthing LOLS

^^ you still have the pumping issue? It shouldn't be that way and as mentioned before I'd be checking your fluid for air in the lines ASAP

Personally I wouldn't go near Bendix. There's much better options out there for the money

• 1 month later...

Looking at replacing my Is350 with DBA rotors, which ones would you recommend for aggresive driving no track work, also tossing up between Hawk HPS pads or Stop Tech Pads?

Anyone have experience between these pads and preference one over the other?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just done
my 50k service on my car, everything came back perfect but was told that I need
to replace my front brakes – Disc and pad.
Here is my detail:-

Car: 2011 Lexus IS250 (bought brand new,
everything original)

Purpose: 95% city driving 5% highway

Main Driver and passenger: Mum and 3 y.o kid

Driving style: careful driving

Conclusion from this thread: DBA T2 + Bendix GCT pad

Issue: Bowen Yong was complaining “these pads are pretty *BLEEP* compare to OEM” and soft pumping, some also complaint about squel

Issue 2: Mechanic are suggesting this combination is an overkill for the purpose and suggest RDA disc and RDA pad for a saving of $150.

What I want: Performance as close to original braking system but less dust.

It seems like the more I read this thread and ask around the more confused I get with choices. I am currently thinking either an RDA disc

with Bendix GCT or should I just go DBA with Bendix GCT

Problem with EBC = Dust

Any opinion?

Final advice required for dustless front brake pads for NORMAL driving on 2010 Lexus IS250

Bendix A$100

Project MU NS400 A$150

EBC Red Stuff A$200 (are these ceramic?)

I do not intend to machine or change the rotors unless advice from installer.

Just done

my 50k service on my car, everything came back perfect but was told that I need

to replace my front brakes – Disc and pad.

Here is my detail:-

Car: 2011 Lexus IS250 (bought brand new,

everything original)

Purpose: 95% city driving 5% highway

Main Driver and passenger: Mum and 3 y.o kid

Driving style: careful driving

Conclusion from this thread: DBA T2 + Bendix GCT pad

Issue: Bowen Yong was complaining “these pads are pretty *BLEEP* compare to OEM” and soft pumping, some also complaint about squel

Issue 2: Mechanic are suggesting this combination is an overkill for the purpose and suggest RDA disc and RDA pad for a saving of $150.

What I want: Performance as close to original braking system but less dust.

It seems like the more I read this thread and ask around the more confused I get with choices. I am currently thinking either an RDA disc

with Bendix GCT or should I just go DBA with Bendix GCT

Problem with EBC = Dust

Any opinion?

What did you end up doing?

after 5 days of DBA T2 - Bendix GCT Pad

Here's me 2 cents:

1. yep, am experiencing what bowen young had : Pumping hard to get the same stopping effect as original.

2. I would say stopping range does increase if the same original pressure applies to the new brakes.

3. Dust does reduce a little bit as such, but not much as compared to original.

I am looking forward for another couple weeks of driving, as performance will improve from now on.

• 4 weeks later...

Recently changed the front pads & rotors on my parents IS250 through my mechanic. He used Bendix General CT pads, and Genuine Lexus rotors. Said he didn't recommend aftermarket rotors, didn't get to ask why, as my Dad was dealing with it.

Took it for a drive today, and it seems absolutely fine. I actually think the Bendix pads engages a little better. But probably need to go for a spirited drive or something, to put them to the test.