Vibration At Idle When In Gear ('d') - 2014 New Is250

Hi guys,

I posted about vibration on the brand new IS250 when it is gear (D) and stopped.

Since I was told by Lexus to drive for at least couple of months I just check vibration on daily basis and search on the web why it is happening.

I though or maybe I wanted to believe that the vibration will be gone away after 2,000 km one the car is i broken in but I realised that the issue is not about break in.

Basically vibration is happening when the car is idling low once it is warmed up.. Mine is idling just above 500 rpm when in gear, stopped and without any electrical things turned on.

Vibration is pretty much disappear if I turn on any thing electrical apart from audio/nav such as heater, A/c and dimmers as they increase rpm at idle to about 850 ~ 900 rpm.

The vibration on low idling is quite bad as it is just little better than 10 years old Subaru liberty does.

Do you have any idea what I should do?

Should I take my car to dealer to fix it or is it normal issue I have to bear?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi, Im no expert but a car of this caliber should not be causing this kind of a problem.

It appears that the default idle speed is too low (500 rpm), could be a faulty sensor. It could be the default idle speed needs to be re-calibrated. As you mentioned that when it is idling a bit higher it is fine. Either way, I dont think it will rectify itself and if it does, it will come back as it ages. As I said Im no expert but, you should be firm in having it rectified. As a car of this caliber, it is not good enough and it is not normal. good luck :)

Hi, Im no expert but a car of this caliber should not be causing this kind of a problem.

It appears that the default idle speed is too low (500 rpm), could be a faulty sensor. It could be the default idle speed needs to be re-calibrated. As you mentioned that when it is idling a bit higher it is fine. Either way, I dont think it will rectify itself and if it does, it will come back as it ages. As I said Im no expert but, you should be firm in having it rectified. As a car of this caliber, it is not good enough and it is not normal. good luck :)

Thanks LexWizz,

I booked for check up on coming Friday. I will see how it goes.

• 8 months later...

Lexus Nerd or Vaku

can you chime on this topic?

No problems with my 3IS but, then again, I have a different engine to the OP.

OP reported this problem back in October - I wonder if the problem has been resolved? It sounds weird that turning on A/C would increase the engine rpm at idle ...?

I wonder if timetorelax has experienced any idle issues on his 3IS 250 (none I'm aware of)?

Lexus Nerd or Vaku

OP reported this problem back in October - I wonder if the problem has been resolved? It sounds weird that turning on A/C would increase the engine rpm at idle ...?

I wonder if timetorelax has experienced any idle issues on his 3IS 250 (none I'm aware of)?

turning on a/c does increase rpm on nearly all cars

A/C compressors run directly off the engine through another belt

Lexus Nerd or Vaku

I haven't experienced this on my 3IS 250. Still smooth as butter after 2800km :)