hi guys, I have been thinking about a new IS300h.

I had a look around carsales.com for a while now, but interested to see how much did you pay for your IS300h.

please state your model, EP number etc, thanks.

is 60k too low for a new standard is300h (2014model, no EP)? as in drive away.

This month, at L'Exhibition, an IS 250 is $58,990 driveaway, normally $62,041 in SA.

Applying this same discount amount on an IS 300h, your sticker price of $65,039 driveaway is reduced to $62K.

L'Exhibition discounts are made possible through factory incentives, and that's before any further discount you can negotiate ...

thanks for the info.

now since i am also able to get corp program, which allows a reduced dealer delivery fee. according the the lexus sellsman, the new delivery fee will be 998. does this mean, without real negotiation, the 62k will be further reduced by 1.5k? hence starting point at 60.5K drive away before any back and forth game talk?

edit:

i did an extensive test drive of a 2014 F sports 300h, and found when you brake with moderate force, the car moves in quite jerkiness., as in the car would move then stop, then move then stop, then move then stop, etc. which throw yours body around in an uncomfortable way.

Did anyone else notice this? I do get the regen brake is rather sensitive, but this behaviour seems strange with a regen brake.

now since i am also able to get corp program, which allows a reduced dealer delivery fee. according the the lexus sellsman, the new delivery fee will be 998. does this mean, without real negotiation, the 62k will be further reduced by 1.5k? hence starting point at 60.5K drive away before any back and forth game talk?

Possibly not - it depends on how the L'Exhibition discount is structured. I did say that L'Exhibition features factory incentives but, for all I know, part of the discount may come from a reduced delivery fee. In other words, during the big annual sale, corporate incentives are being passed on to private customers - that wouldn't be surprising, since we know Toyota does that.

Gotta love first post......."tell me what you paid."

Firstly welcome to the forum and your first post & thread.

The corporate program is good but cannot be combined with other offers. You get to take one or the other. L'Exhibition is good as well. Speak to the person that gave you a car to drive and ask which offer gives you the better deal or ask that they work out both for you to choose between them.

While we all want a good deal I believe if someone has been good enough to give you an extended test drive then they deserve at least an opportunity to negotiate a deal with you.

Good luck.

i certainly understand the the importance of negotiation. however by getting some ideas about price is not bad either, at least it shall save both parties time and efforts when we finally sit down on a table.

i did ask my dealer today reguarding corp discount and L exhibition. he said yes they are stackable, however, the listed price is for base money without matalic paint, which they don't have in any in SA (300h in onyx)

I brorrowed a 300H f sport without any EP over the weekend. I was quite happy with the performance of this car.

like:

1. fuel usage: over all, 5.5L/100km seems to be what i am getting without babysit the car.

2. decent acceleration and pulling power in all conditions.

3. quiet cabin noise.

dislike:

1. phone connectivity was quite strange, it can't show up any of my numbers or favourite (samsung S5), however dialing via number pad and receiving phone calls work fine.

2. reserving camera more granny and unclear compare to my Rx270

3. the seat is less comfortable, i miss the butter soft leather on RX

4. as mentioned on post 4, jerkiness when brake with moderate to hard force. it seems the mechanical brake is trying to engage for 1 sec, then back off , then engage again etc, your body will like in wave motion as a result.

i think if the dealer allows a basic 300h drive away with 3 month rego, without any EP, with corp discount for 60k, i will most likely buy one this year. (for a 14 model)

if they can give me the above with EP2, i am happy to pay 65k, but i think less likely from the dealer.

4. as mentioned on post 4, jerkiness when brake with moderate to hard force. it seems the mechanical brake is trying to engage for 1 sec, then back off , then engage again etc, your body will like in wave motion as a result.

You're not talking about the ABS are you? Does this happen everytime you brake in the test car?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Diesmile,my reply might be too late for you,

* Price wise, one of my friend bought a 2014 IS250 basic+EP (sun roof) drive away $58500, another friend bought IS350 Fsport+EP1 $76000, just for your information

* The brake of hybrid cars is different from normal ones, it uses so called "Power generate brakes", the power is actually recycled when you first brake the car, and when you press the brake deeper, the mechanic then get involved, I personally hate this feeling, very much. For the IS serise, I would recommend IS350 Fsport over the other two models, the power matches the fantastic chassis and steering is very good(not as good as BMW 3 but very close)

Hope this helps

You're not talking about the ABS are you? Does this happen everytime you brake in the test car?

no, hoaloish, it wasn't ABS, or at least i didn't see any ABS light come on the dashboard if there is any.

Hi Diesmile,my reply might be too late for you,

* Price wise, one of my friend bought a 2014 IS250 basic+EP (sun roof) drive away $58500, another friend bought IS350 Fsport+EP1 $76000, just for your information

* The break of hybrid cars is different from normal ones, it uses so called "Power generate breaks", the power is actually recycled when you first break the car, and when you press the break deeper, the mechanic then get involved, I personally hate this feeling, very much. For the IS serise, I would recommend IS350 Fsport over the other two models, the power matches the fantastic chassis and steering is very good(not as good as BMW 3 but very close)

Hope this helps

this information is great, i think 350 f sports is a bit too much for my budget, also since i am in adelaide, most drive is on the flat road, therefore the extra power may not needed most of the time.

may i ask where is your friend's state plz? thanks. also i am assume none of them are demo model, but brand new, right? thanks.

Hi Diesmile,

They bought brand new Mode 2014 in Syd, the IS350F is blue in red, I personally think it is the best combination. I'm in Brisbane and the best dealer could do here for IS350F+EP1 is $76000 (three years service for corporate programme,duties cheaper in QLD). if your budget is around 60K, I would still recommond you the demo IS350Fs,10k kms is nothing for a Lexus. the 3.5L engine is a GEM, it beats the BMW 335! it is in totally different world from the 250 or 300H. once you drive the 350, you will know. in addition, 3.5L engine doesn't have the carbon build up issue like the 2.5L and fuel comsumption on my car is 9.7L (70% highway) Also,the steering with VGRS(only in 350F and SL model) is sharper. Now Lexus has MY2015 out, with some upgrades in lights, and also reverse alarm which could detect side incoming vehicles, make sure you take this into account when negociating with dealers, might worth wait a month or two.

If you are not a "fast"driver, another good choise might be the BMW 320i, with 17 inches tyres, it is comfort and quiet (surprisingly quieter than the IS), and you get all the fansy technologies, such as HUD, electronic tailgate, 360 view camera etc.... someone I know bought MY14 New 320i sports line, sunroof, 5 year/80 K service pack, in Mel City BMW, driveaway was $54500 and in Brisbane the best I got was $61000 for a 320i with luxury line, sunroof, metallic paint, innovation pack(must have,all the good technology stuffs) and the 5 year service pack. tried the 320 Msport and 328i but the ride is to rough for me. However for 320i, the ride is actually quite comfort (not as good as Lexus though) and the powertrain, chaissis and steering are all top of its class.

Good luck and let us know how you goes, cheers!

once again, thanks for your great detailed information.

personally i like the 2015 model's touch pad instead of current mouse control. however if this means 2014 model will be much cheaper to clear, i will consider it as well.

i agree 350 f sports would be really nice, however i am not a power driver. based in adelaide, the mainly roads are flat without any hills to climb. also my yearly driving distance is below 10k.

also i prefer lexus over bmw, simply due to reliablity since i am keep the car for a while :)

hi guys i have been following this topic because i own a IS 300h luxury with EP2. I might be able to brief you on the car. If you are to get one make sure you drive both models F and Luxury. Personally i could not bring myself to the F sport as i see no use for the sports suspention and bigger wheels on a car with lack lustre performance. This car is made for saving fuel by driving it very slow. I drive in Sydney traffic everyday and I cannot better 5.7 L/100 k and let me tell you this is in eco mode and driving like an old woman. Make sure you put it through its paces so you are not disappointed as I am. I have found out the following after 14 K.

1. It has a resonance issue (no fix at present)

2. It has resonable take off in sports mode but the CVT holds it back. Floor it and there is like a massive flatspot.

3. Whilst driving at approx 30k/h floor it and you go nowhere because it does not gear down it wants to wind up until you reach your speed.

4. The brakes just take getting used to but when you are driving slow and brake easy the brakes are really grippy and stop well, however if you jump on them they do stop but it is like there is a delay for a split second before they grip.

5. Drive heavy footed in sports mode and you may as well get an IS 350 because it can burn some petrol.

End of the day it is built for easy economical driving. If you want more power and save some costs the 250 drives heaps better but the 350 is the one. It is worth the extra cash and petrol consumption.

As for BMW alternative well i owned one once and never again due to reliability.

I hope this helps.

hi guys i have been following this topic because i own a IS 300h luxury with EP2. I might be able to brief you on the car. If you are to get one make sure you drive both models F and Luxury. Personally i could not bring myself to the F sport as i see no use for the sports suspention and bigger wheels on a car with lack lustre performance. This car is made for saving fuel by driving it very slow. I drive in Sydney traffic everyday and I cannot better 5.7 L/100 k and let me tell you this is in eco mode and driving like an old woman. Make sure you put it through its paces so you are not disappointed as I am. I have found out the following after 14 K.

1. It has a resonance issue (no fix at present)

2. It has resonable take off in sports mode but the CVT holds it back. Floor it and there is like a massive flatspot.

3. Whilst driving at approx 30k/h floor it and you go nowhere because it does not gear down it wants to wind up until you reach your speed.

4. The brakes just take getting used to but when you are driving slow and brake easy the brakes are really grippy and stop well, however if you jump on them they do stop but it is like there is a delay for a split second before they grip.

5. Drive heavy footed in sports mode and you may as well get an IS 350 because it can burn some petrol.

End of the day it is built for easy economical driving. If you want more power and save some costs the 250 drives heaps better but the 350 is the one. It is worth the extra cash and petrol consumption.

As for BMW alternative well i owned one once and never again due to reliability.

I hope this helps.

thanks for your reply.

1. when i took the car for a weekend, i did drove on the highway, but didn't experience the resonace. it is possible that the highway road noise (wind noise) with music masked it or i didn't actively listen for it. however i will double check this if i put down the money on the table. maybe a contract with it as a condition to get out.

2. i also did floor it on the street, but it hit 60km/h pretty quick, but the pull power did seem a bit short.

3. all my test drove was pretty much open traffic, so didn't really experience that.

4. i did found the brake so what use to. i certainly understand the regen braking. however when you hard brake, the engage of actual brake seems a little lag, like you mentioned. and i also experienced the rocking when hard brake, a bit like abs, but not.

5. i don't drive heavy foot, but i found a near new 350 is almost same price as a 250. i was shocked, because i never really looked into 350 range. 58990 for 11k used car drive away at VIC etc.

the reason i liked 300H is because i like the hybrid technology. during my test drive, my average is 5.6L/100km. good figure, also quiet when car fully stops. 350 seems like a driver's car, but i won't use the power very often, what a shame.

compare to 250 base model and 300H base model, there is about 5000 dollars differences. to me, it is ok to get 300H for the extra premium. but lately, i am starting to like more about EP2, because let's face it. a base model without anything is kinda boring. if i am already putting down 60k on a car, if i don't get those extra features then i will kick myself down the track.

ep2 on a base model is almost same as f sports, except the extra moon roof and Mark sound, i believe.

Hi diesmile good to see you have done your homework. The resonance occurs at approx 80 k per hour and at approx 1200 rpm. when you are cruising . It sonds like having a manual in a gear too high for the speed.I have found in the UK where a lot of 300h are sold there is a high number of instances. Check Lexus Is300h owners club and you will find a couple of forums. Before you purchase see if they will give you a car for the day. I had this offer to me but at that stage i was looking to purchase less expensive vehicle. Be patient when you are trying to see if resonance is present because once you change your rpm it goes away. It comes and goes when your are on the mentioned speed. I must say though if you are looking for a powerful performance hybrid test drive the Infinity Q50 it returns approx 7 L/ 100k and blows off the 350. Dont know about reliability or resale. Good luck

the infinity q50H is a bit more expensive, the most importantly, it doesn't have a dealership in adelaide....

so unless they opens one soon, there is no way i can even test drive it :)

• 4 weeks later...

just keep more pricing here for future reference:

13 lexus IS350 F sports with EP2 demo, has about 9000km on it, got sold for 59k+ on road cost in adelaide. (not sure if it came with free 3 years servicing and +2 years extended warranty in the deal or not)

Hi Diesmile, congratulations and that's a really good price, did you buy privately or from Lexus dealer?

hi, i wish i bought it. but sadly it went to someone else. when i rang up after a few weeks since the ads, it got sold to someone else this week.

it is excellent value, and it was originally listed as 62k+ on road on both lexus website and carsales.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would add my 2c to this topic.

I picked up a demo IS300H in June that had 3500km on the clock for $55k. The new ones were out of my price range so was happy with the compromise of getting a demo at that price.

Been a great car for the 5 months Ive had it. Coming from a 2010 VW Passat, the CVT is way smoother than DSG gearboxes. My only complaint with the CVT is that even in manual mode, it doesnt hold the artificial gear to the redline. The artificial sound generator is also weird, as it does not match the engine revs (Best to just turn it off).

Otherwise it been a very comfortable and enjoyable car to drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Diesmile,

They bought brand new Mode 2014 in Syd, the IS350F is blue in red, I personally think it is the best combination. I'm in Brisbane and the best dealer could do here for IS350F+EP1 is $76000 (three years service for corporate programme,duties cheaper in QLD). if your budget is around 60K, I would still recommond you the demo IS350Fs,10k kms is nothing for a Lexus. the 3.5L engine is a GEM, it beats the BMW 335! it is in totally different world from the 250 or 300H. once you drive the 350, you will know. in addition, 3.5L engine doesn't have the carbon build up issue like the 2.5L and fuel comsumption on my car is 9.7L (70% highway) Also,the steering with VGRS(only in 350F and SL model) is sharper. Now Lexus has MY2015 out, with some upgrades in lights, and also reverse alarm which could detect side incoming vehicles, make sure you take this into account when negociating with dealers, might worth wait a month or two.

If you are not a "fast"driver, another good choise might be the BMW 320i, with 17 inches tyres, it is comfort and quiet (surprisingly quieter than the IS), and you get all the fansy technologies, such as HUD, electronic tailgate, 360 view camera etc.... someone I know bought MY14 New 320i sports line, sunroof, 5 year/80 K service pack, in Mel City BMW, driveaway was $54500 and in Brisbane the best I got was $61000 for a 320i with luxury line, sunroof, metallic paint, innovation pack(must have,all the good technology stuffs) and the 5 year service pack. tried the 320 Msport and 328i but the ride is to rough for me. However for 320i, the ride is actually quite comfort (not as good as Lexus though) and the powertrain, chaissis and steering are all top of its class.

Good luck and let us know how you goes, cheers!

Hi,

Could you please tell me when did your friends buy the cars? Was they buying MY14 model when MY15 up the shelf or no where near MY15 been put onto the market?

Just plan to shop a RC mid next year, and wanna do some research on the price, never shopped luxury segment before, but now seems they are the same price wise as mainstream brands, as your friends managed 9k discount for the deal. Thought they are more difficult to deal re the price.

Regards

• 6 months later...

Hi, just a update:

yesterday i offered a price which is 15% off based on car price + EP price, then add DD ($1000) + on road cost, which has been rejected by dealer.

Am I asking too much? the car is brand new though 15 model