2008 Is F For Sale Grab A Bargain

ISFBloke

thanks guys appreciate the feedback. The insurance company has given up on the police as well so the investigator is filing their report and decision should be made early next week. If the claim is rejected than I will put pressure on the police big time especially as with my help we could have recovered the car day one. I quote the officer when I identified the suspects on day one: "yeah we know them they are well known criminals and have a fair idea where they are" yet nothing has been done whatsoever.

they would be waiting for them to do a bigger crime hence why they are sitting on your car, then they will add this charge to what ever crime they commit, its crap the way it all works

stolen car they might get under 12 months if they have had previous offences

Just received a call from the Police. Finally there is a detective on the case.

He explained that the car has changed owners 3 times already and they have fooled the RTA as well using fake IDs every time. So it is still out there and in good shape.

I have mentioned to him that I have co-operated from day one and if it was up to me the car could have been recovered right away without any further issues due to me supplying sufficient information and identifying the suspect on day one. His response to that was “ I don’t know what to say to that”. So clearly the case got lost in translation within the Police departments hence the long delay and the current status.

thanks guys appreciate the feedback. The insurance company has given up on the police as well so the investigator is filing their report and decision should be made early next week. If the claim is rejected than I will put pressure on the police big time especially as with my help we could have recovered the car day one. I quote the officer when I identified the suspects on day one: "yeah we know them they are well known criminals and have a fair idea where they are" yet nothing has been done whatsoever.

they would be waiting for them to do a bigger crime hence why they are sitting on your car, then they will add this charge to what ever crime they commit, its crap the way it all works

stolen car they might get under 12 months if they have had previous offences

...yes I get the same feeling

Sad but true.........

However thats not your problem and you shouldn't be disavantaged over a police operation so they need to relay that to your insurance company so you get paid out.

If the police want to hold the car as part of the operation, fine. But you need to be paid out for your insurance so you can move on from this drama and have a car again.

Update us on insurance ISFBloke. Wishing you the best mate on a favourable outcome!

• 2 weeks later...

OK so the claim has been rejected at the highest level on the basis of being a "failed transaction" not theft even though the police have reported it as a stolen vehicle. BTW the police have not been returning my calls either. So I am left without a car and $59K payout. Stay away From Allianz and spread the word!

Don't take that *BLEEP* mate.

Tell them they have 7 days to reconsider or you will goto the Media with your issue and how disgutingly you have been treated by them as a so called valued paying customer.......

Big companies hate bad publicity especially something as competitive as insurance.

If nothing, call a lawyer.

• Like 1

Actually...... after thinking it.

Lawyer first. Then media.

Seriously tell them they have 7 days to reconsider your application otherwise you will be passing this matter on to your legal representative.

yep will do all that and more. Basically they've invented a new term "failed transaction" that was not in my policy to avoid payment. I am confident I will win this case its just a matter of time.

Don't see how they'll get out of it.

Police have clearly stated stolen car.

The new 'owners' have no legal right to the property hence stolen good. Clear larceny.

In no way was this intentional on your part.

Good luck!

Agreed.

You should also contact the Financial Ombudsman

http://www.fos.org.au/about-us/what-we-do/

Its free.

But I agree the term is bull*BLEEP* its not even a legal term.

Ands don't forget to get your costs back from dirty alliance too for them *BLEEP*ing you around no car for x weeks. costs of transport etc etc.

Your lawyer should be smart enough to get all that back for you though.

Rian

Agreed.

You should also contact the Financial Ombudsman

http://www.fos.org.au/about-us/what-we-do/

Its free.

But I agree the term is bull*BLEEP* its not even a legal term.

Ands don't forget to get your costs back from dirty alliance too for them *BLEEP*ing you around no car for x weeks. costs of transport etc etc.

Your lawyer should be smart enough to get all that back for you though.

Rian

yep that is the plan

• 2 weeks later...

i did a bit of googling and if you type in failed transaction car insurance nothing comes up -

have you spoken to fair trading?

also with your lawyer id try and find a insurance lawyer to handle your case

Yeah they made this term up just to avoid payment. Anyway by legal definition there was NO transaction at all so it could not have failed. The car was stolen as reported by the police full stop no one can argue with that.

Going to the ombudsman now that is the next step.

• 2 weeks later...

unfortunately nope.

I cannot even start a case with the Ombudsman as they require a statement from the police which I am unable to get.

The police are not returning my calls or emails.

... so this is how it feels when the system completely lets you down.

well not entirely the penalty reminders keep coming on time.

Maybe a well written article about your problem posted on Allianz facebook page. Then create its own page and then whore it out on the interwebz!

I'm pretty sure there is enough substance to get the Keyboard warriors busy !!!!