Had an approx 200k trip today from Ringwood to Sorrento and back (Inc a stop for a few hours at Peninsula Springs for a soak :) )

Saw the best fuel figure Ive had so far. After a couple of days of small local trips I was suprised to see the Tank average drop from 12.8 to 8.8.

Then it kept going right down to 7.7l 100/k after about 70 k's on. 

It was freeway driving but Ive never had a run this low before.. pleased aye :yes:

IMG_0203.JPG

You did a 200k trip, a couple of days of small trips then a 70k trip (approx 300km's total) and your fuel gauge is still pegging full in a car that does 400 to 500k total per tank? Is your fuel gauge broken?

The tank holds about 65l of fuel so after 300km at 7.7l/100km you would have used about a third of a tank and the gauge would be between half and three quarters, there is no way it could still be sitting on full. Your post is talking about tank average which resets when you fill up. The trip meter shows 78km and you said you had traveled about 70km on the trip when you took the pic. 70km at 7.7l/100km would be about 1/12 of a tank which would put the gauge about bang on where it is in the pic given they do go over F when you fill right up. Are you sure you didn't fill up beside a freeway 70km before taking the photo and not 300km over several days prior as you stated in your post?

8 hours ago, Tasweb said:

You did a 200k trip, a couple of days of small trips then a 70k trip (approx 300km's total) and your fuel gauge is still pegging full in a car that does 400 to 500k total per tank? Is your fuel gauge broken?

400-500km?  That much?  I wish i had that kind of fuel economy.

I get about 350 in my ISF.  Yeah bigger engine i know but i wish i could get close to 400-500 lol

Just now, BLK ISF said:

400-500km?  That much?  I wish i had that kind of fuel economy.

I get about 350 in my ISF.  Yeah bigger engine i know but i wish i could get close to 400-500 lol

:-) I was trying to be generous to make sense of the figures quoted in the original post. I have no idea what I get for a tank in my little IS250.

37 minutes ago, Tasweb said:

:-) I was trying to be generous to make sense of the figures quoted in the original post. I have no idea what I get for a tank in my little IS250.

Im sure you'll get near double me haha.  As i dont like the tank getting too below a 1/4 i often find myself filling up every 300km or so.  Ah well fuel economy wasnt high on my priority when getting the car lol

Please tell us that a passenger took the photo and not you as the driver travelling at 105km/h!

impressive to get 7.7, how many k's has your 350 done in total?

My wife leaned over for the shot.

105 is 98 in mine.

@tasweb 

im not going to get into a slanging match with you.

1st post says at 70k in.

The rest of the trip with driving around the coast it went to 8.5 and the gauge went lower

98. Sometimes 95 when 98 not available. Doesnt seem to run any different

72,000k's on car. 

Over the drive I dropped in elevation about 150 meter's. Thats what did it  :eek: