New intake

18ADF

Awesome news mate.  Now that’s the kind of intake we all love.

Keen to see how it goes as it’s kind of unchartered territory (not commonly done) vs the supercharger route.  

I’m sure you'll get some good gains with a good tune as well.

What kind of boost are you planning to run?

Will see how much we can push safely starting off at 5psi and go up from there, it’ll be a low mid mounted underneath the car utilising it’s own oil system with scavenge pump, intercooler will be similar dimensions as rr’s fmic setup however will be using a pwr core. Tune should be fairly straight foward adjusting the map to accomodate boost. I estimate should see it in the ballpark of 500~550 hp at the wheels 

Awesome! Cant wait to see some updates as it unfolds. What would be amazing to hear is a blow-by-blow account, the pitfalls, obstacles, wins, what works and what doesnt and why.

You are pioneering for us over here, thanks so much for having a dig!

Looking forward to how you progress.

Single turbo or twin, smaller turbo,s spool faster, I have only fitted one turbo to a Torana  in the 80,s the whole kit was  $600 from Repco. It went good but heaps of lag and it went to Perth and back (Canberra 4 blokes 1 dog and a boot full of grog) no problems. take heaps of pics cheers.

Just a nice sized single 🙂 I went with the size after getting a lot of feedback from precision and a couple of shops that had dealt with single turbo v8s with ls1s etc. given its location and flow it should see 8 or so psi around 3500rpm. Which will provide quite usable power especially to get off the line.

FD06B261-7023-4A55-BD1A-B8B94623D12F.jpeg

19 hours ago, banserki said:

What internal works are you doing, or is the block setup strong enough to have boost already? Injectors or any changes to compression ratio?

It should be strong enough initially, I do see myself getting some arp head studs in as well as some thicker headgaskets to help compression. Previous results show fuel supply should be enough for low to mid 500whp.

That's big what's the fitting on it, water injection ?? Are you sure you need ARP head bolts RR Racing haven't any problems with there supercharge kits they have flogged the date out of there test car and as far as I know the heads haven't come off cheers.

They’ve had a few problems, 2 engine rebuilds to date from what I’ve read. Couple alignment issues with brackets as well causing belt chewing out. They have a 11.8:1 compression ratio so it’s not that great for boost. Anything lower would be a bonus 

There is sufficient space in the circle and will be getting mounted with a new brace using existing holes 

5978836B-6B8C-46E6-94F6-40D7B937FEC2.jpeg

Hence why it’s going as close as possible, those rear mount turbo kits from the states sound laggy as in their vids. This is a street car that sees the highways and track pretty regularly 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update. Fabricator 99% locked in to start in the next fortnight. Going with a large water to air plazmaman setup with optional ice box as looking at fmic core dimensions weren’t looking too favourable and if we’d stuck with something similar to rr’s size the intake temps wouldn’t be great. So it’ll cost a little more in the long run but will be heaps more compact and efficient. 

I have posted on Facebook that my current exhaust the hks ssm and custom mid section is up for sale. If your interested get in touch and I’ll send you pics and videos of the setup. Happy to meet nsw buyers half way at say Coffs as the mid section may be a little large for shipping. 

• 2 weeks later...

More parts ordered today. scavenge oil pump for oil return line, water pump for w2a system and a air fuel ratio gauge. Took advantage of ebays 10% off everything promotion 👍 should be in the shop in around 2-3 weeks 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For those not on Facebook, With most of under the bonnet w2a setup completed thought I’d give a little sneak pic of the floor warmer, supporting mount is welded up ready for coating. Front cover is off getting machined for a little more clearance, not sitting in exact location but you get the idea. Still all coming together slowly 

C0165D78-0A6B-470B-95AC-5D366CE7BD2F.jpeg

16A08DD3-F147-4030-8BDE-F9CF788E632B.jpeg