Good Evening,

I know there has been topics covered on this however i am wanting a more up to date confirmation and possibility on this swap.

I own a 2005 Lexus IS250 auto with 153,000 on the clock.

Can someone advise if the swap of a Lexus 2UR-GSE V8 can be done in my car.

Any help is appreciated ...

I understand this topic has been covered but every good search comes up with posts backing to 08-11 ....10 years on just wanting to know if this can be done?

Kind Regards

Niro

Hi Niro,

Anything is possibly with great sums of money and time. But given you can buy a genuine IS-F that's both newer and has less km's than your current car for around $40-45k (and sell your car for $15k) i say why would you bother with what will be no doubt a very expensive and time consuming conversion on your current car.

If you buy a genuine IS-F then you get the engine, gearbox, brakes, bodywork etc etc that was designed around it.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Thanks for the information.

I wish i could sell mine for 15k cant even get 10k 

I fully  understand what your saying however i am just curious to know does the motor and box all mount with no problems?

I know i will need a ISF tail shaft and wiring will be an issue but does the engine and gearbox sit with no problems? 

Im not sure if anyone can answer this question with 100% certainty because i am not aware of anyone putting the 2URGSE into an IS250, but it is the same chassis so in theory it should fit ok.

But it would be a headache sourcing all of the ECU's, sensors, dash cluster, etc etc. Have you tried trading your car in at a dealership on an IS-F?

Are there threads here of a JZ/2JZ swap into IS250 by any chance?

I am looking into building again; i owned a s13 for 10 years before buying my Lexus for a daily but there is room for opportunity on this car.

Either the V8 or JZ swap.

There is barely anything on a JZ swap for IS250

2 hours ago, Niro said:

Are there threads here of a JZ/2JZ swap into IS250 by any chance?

I am looking into building again; i owned a s13 for 10 years before buying my Lexus for a daily but there is room for opportunity on this car.

Either the V8 or JZ swap.

There is barely anything on a JZ swap for IS250

Plenty of 1JZ and 2JZ swaps into the older IS200 or IS300 chassis, but that swap is relatively easy because the IS300 comes with a non turbo 2JZ from factory.

Im not sure if the inline 6 setup will fit in the nose of the IS250/IS350 given it was designed primarily for a V6. Even the 2URGSE is a very tight fit length wise in there. I doubt the inline 6 would fit to be honest.

Sounds like you might need to do either:

1) Swap to an IS350 engine/driveline package. Speak to Lexmania in Sydney about this as they have done some of these conversions. This takes you up to 230kw.
2) Supercharge the IS250 engine. RR Racing in USA have recently released a supercharger kit for the IS250.

There is no sense in doing this swap, if moneys no option go for it, just contact Danny first " Lexmania " it would be cheaper to do a LS1 swap now that would turn some heads good luck.

Much appreciated guys for your response.

Its been a while since i have been on the forums alot better than the nissansilvia days.

I will contact danny from Lexmania

Regards

Unless your IS250 have some extraordinary sentimental value to you, or you are building a dedicated race/track car, or you just want to have some serious bragging rights for owning a super stealth IS250 then it's NOT worth it. 

I had an 07 IS250, wanted the V8 swap, did all the homework with Danny, the cost just doesn't stack up. And you'll get burned even more on the re-sell value and insurance.

You are better off swap to a IS350 engine to get about 85% of a ISF performance if you are on a budget. Or just buy a IS-F to get the real deal. That's what I did and best decision ever.

Now, I'm looking to upgrade to a GS-F.

problem is getting other stuff

fuel lines

fuel tank

cabin harness

brakes hubs

rear diff

the list goes on

theres alot more than just running gear thats different on the ISF to the normal X50s

Edited by ilv1004s

Hey All,

Sorry for the late response.

Thank you for the information sounds a little to costly without the additional items you require.

But kudos to you to complete such a conversion well done!!

As time has gone by i am looking into LS3 conversion into the IS250.

There is a complete swap kit in the US for $2,699 to mount the motor & box so am looking to LSX options.

With that said i am not just planning on dropping the motor then good to go; I understand i will need to upgrade the brakes and suspension to accommodate the new power train.

Danny have you converted LS motors into IS250?

Kind Regards