Replacement Brake Pads

CoreyISF

Just wondering what everyones opinion was on new replacement pads for the ISF

OEM seem so expensive but they are the quietest. 

I want to try to minimise brake dust as much as I can ….. I know thats near impossible on our cars!

Thanks in advance

You may want to check out project mu or endless mx70(I think that’s the part number) that’s what I’m running on my car atm 

let me know if you have any further questions 

The (japanese made) Project MU NS400 are supposed to be the lowest dust and are very well regarded worldside. I am thinking of buying some and this is the best price i have found: http://www.project-mu.com.au/en/products/pad_ns.php

Otherwise the Winmax W1 are a good option (Japanese made). I have a set of front Winmax pads that were on my car for honestly about 2 months if you want them cheap. $80 and they are yours. I removed them and replaced with Bremtec Euroline pads because of a squeal (which turned out to be my rear pads,...not the fronts as i had thought). The Bremtecs are good, a bit cheaper but more dusty hence why i am considering getting the Project Mu's. I was going to just keep the Winmax pads as spares but if you are interested then snap them up, they would be lucky to have done 1000-1200km's.

For rotors either buy the OEM Brembo's from ebay USA (much cheaper than sourcing locally) or buy aftermarket DBA rotors from Brakes Direct: https://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/catalogsearch/result/?q=vehicle&make=Lexus&model=IS&generation=XE20%2B%282005-2013%29&submodel=IS%2BF

I run the street x version (the gold ones, although i painted mine black) which are both slotted and cross drilled. I have had them on the car now for about 2 years and 10,000km and they are great.

• Thanks 1

If you're happy to stick with oem, Brembo pads are cheapest here:

https://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/p50092-brembo-brake-pads.html

https://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/p83134-brembo-brake-pads.html

$153 and $117.

They're proper Brembo (which means duuuuuuuust) and are actually for the AMG CLK55...which just happens to use the same caliper as the ISF 🙂

More expensive option is Endless MX72 or SS-M, which are about $800 for a set of 4.  MX72 is an awesome road/track pad with little downside, and are slightly less dusty than stock (which still means way too much dust) and SS-M are street-only pads which seem to emit invisible dust but aren't up for a trackday.

I have NS400 Project Mu on the wife's IS250, and I wouldn't call them low dust, more like...okay dust.

Hey Corey, I'm about to go through a break pad change myself and have heard good things about the Project Mu NS400's stated above. I've already put an order through for them, however I've still got about 2 weeks left to wait for the front pads to come back in stock. People over on the American forums have rated them quite well, especially in regards to brake dust. My second option was the Brembos, they're quite affordable on Sparesbox:

Front set: https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/brembo-brake-pad-set-low-met-p83146-p-83-146 - $116

Rear set: https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/brembo-brake-pad-set-low-met-p83134-p-83-134 - $106

Pads on Sparesbox tend to go on sale quite often so they can be had for even cheaper. However, I would rather pay the mere $106 extra for the entire set of Project Mu's just based off the minimal brake dust alone, not to mention the quality.

As soon as I have them on the car and bedded in I'll be happy to give you some detailed feedback.

Hi there,

These were Brembo front and rear rotors from the US I have waiting to put on when my pads wear out as the current ones are lipped

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Two-Front-Two-Rear-Disc-Brake-Rotors-Vented-Brembo-For-Lexus-IS-F-2008-09-14-5-0-/152093664789?hash=item23697d2615&_uhb=1

Hi there, i have these EBC Redstuff fronts on my car & they are fantastic. Hardly any dust & i have tracked the car twice. Far better than the original Brembo that were on the car from factory. Check out the link below. As for me i wanted stopping power & less dust. This is them. As for the other brands mentioned above, yeh nah.

https://www.empoweredautoparts.com.au/lexus-is-f-5.0l-v8-twin-turbo-2008-onwards-ceramic

Wow that's a good price for the EBC Redstuff pads - i have seen them advertised previously but were much more expensive. 

I was looking into those Endless pads the past few days, but for that price they would have to be a VERY special pad....i don't know if i could justify the insane cost unless there was some sort of group buy discount etc.

I think i might try the Project MU NS400 next - i was talking to a few guys who were running those pads at the recent Sydney Lexus F meet up and they all said they were great pads with low dust. I just want a pad that will dirty the wheels in the same speed the car itself gets dirty - im not looking for a magical no dust pad.

Just so you know, this is the Endless SSM after 1 wk of daily driving, which included a sunday morning winding road jaunt 🙂  The wheel is coated with Gyeon Rim tho, so it's meant to prevent the dust from sticking, but it basically all comes off with a jet washer.  You still need to give it a once over with a sponge tho, since I always end up missing the underside of a spoke or something with the jet washer.

^ that's pretty impressive. I wonder how much of a part the Gyeon products plays in that result? I just cant get over the cost of the Endless pads!!!

The Gyeon coating helps with the hosing-off, but unfortunately the brake dust doesn't just fly off on its own accord 🙂

This is a week's driving with the Endless MX72 track pads, which are maybe slightly less dusty than stock, not not exactly low dust.  The oem rims were also Gyeon coated, and it doesn't stop the dust from settling on the wheel, but it does make it easier to clean. It's pretty easy to apply, so I'd definitely recommend it.

I just want a pad that will dirty the wheels in the same speed the car itself gets dirty - im not looking for a magical no dust pad.

9 hours ago, _ISF said:

Wow that's a good price for the EBC Redstuff pads - i have seen them advertised previously but were much more expensive. 

I was looking into those Endless pads the past few days, but for that price they would have to be a VERY special pad....i don't know if i could justify the insane cost unless there was some sort of group buy discount etc.

I think i might try the Project MU NS400 next - i was talking to a few guys who were running those pads at the recent Sydney Lexus F meet up and they all said they were great pads with low dust. I just want a pad that will dirty the wheels in the same speed the car itself gets dirty - im not looking for a magical no dust pad.

In regards to washing the car as you say, ours is White Nova & we only wash it every 2nd week. So dust wise the EBC`s are fantastic. No need to wash every week because of the frkn brake dust all over the frkn car. Love them. Any pad that is semi metallic will cling the the paintwork. Also don`t forget the original pads fitted to our cars are rated at 650 deg. The NS400 are just that, 400 deg. Hence why I chose the EBS`s

• 1 year later...
On 5/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, _ISF said:

The (japanese made) Project MU NS400 are supposed to be the lowest dust and are very well regarded worldside. I am thinking of buying some and this is the best price i have found: http://www.project-mu.com.au/en/products/pad_ns.php

Otherwise the Winmax W1 are a good option (Japanese made). I have a set of front Winmax pads that were on my car for honestly about 2 months if you want them cheap. $80 and they are yours. I removed them and replaced with Bremtec Euroline pads because of a squeal (which turned out to be my rear pads,...not the fronts as i had thought). The Bremtecs are good, a bit cheaper but more dusty hence why i am considering getting the Project Mu's. I was going to just keep the Winmax pads as spares but if you are interested then snap them up, they would be lucky to have done 1000-1200km's.

Hi _ISF

I know over a year has passed since your above post. Are you still interested in selling the front winmax brakes if not already sold? Thanks

• 2 months later...